New Veneers Don't Look Good - Dallas, TX

I recently finished getting invisalign and my...

I recently finished getting invisalign and my doctor recommended that I get two veneers because I had two small teeth in comparison to my other teeth. I was very excited to see my new smile, but I just think that the color and shape of the veneers are not good, but wanted other people to see to comment so that I could tell if it was just in my head. Thanks everyone!

I would like to thank everyone for their comments,...

I would like to thank everyone for their comments, and I did talk to my dentist and he gave me a full refund as a result. I am now looking for another cosmetic dentist in Dallas to re-do the earlier work and I will post updated pictures when I have them!

I agree 100% with Mark Amidei. I would add - look very closely at the dentists before and after photos - let them tell the story why they are so proud of their work. WHO is their technician - maybe more important than the dentist...

Never only 2 teeth 4 or 10. Otherwise the case will never look correct. Look to spend between 7 and 16k to get it right. NOT any dentist has the capability. Be selective

It is hard to discern who and what is a cosmetic dentist. The best way is to ask to see a portfolio of their work with close-ups. Two veneers are really left in the hands of the best of the best. Unfortunately, your often get what you pay for. I would suggest you do some consultations and take your time. I think eventually you may want to get them redone and you should spend your time doing your homework first
Looks like you had a terrible dentist. You should have chosen a cosmetic dentist who is specialist in veneers. Your clothing is off a tooth is smaller than the other. This is very unfortunate. Hopefully you 'll find the right dentist, that can fix it. You should never see a "regular" dentist for veneers aka cosmetic procedure. good luck

I agree, they could definitely be better. You just spent lots on Invisalign, however these 2 veneers make those teeth look like they're crooked. I'd be talking to the dentist that placed them. They don't look like they fit the style if your other teeth, and the color doesn't seem quite right. I'm glad to read your story. I have the exact same issue with the smaller teeth, and have been considering the options. Good luck!

My daughter's same teeth were too small as well and our dentist used composite and reshaped the teeth. They look fantastic and it was only a couple of hundred dollars. That was 4 years ago and they are still perfect. May be an option...
Hi. I see you wrote this over a year ago, so hope you see this! My tweenage daughter also has very tiny teeth with gaps. Can you tell me the name of this procedure or the name of the dentist? I can't find anything on using composite for small teeth and I really can't afford veneers. She hates the way her teeth look :(
Hi It is simply called 'bonding' using the white composite used for fillings to shape the teeth. Not all dentists do it so just call around and you will find one. Good luck!
These could be improved

I was a dental tech. for 17 years, I can tell u this. a good lab makes teeth that u r not susposed to tell they dont belong. In other words, no one should b able to tell which teeth were worked on.You need to complain to the Dr. and get your money back. Keep complaining.And also find a new Dentist, Ive worked for over 100 dentists, Only two, I would have sent my friends to. The shape of the teeth are all wrong, and the color should be a perfect match.Show the doctor this post. And in the future when u people want a good dentist, find a dental Lab, go in and ask what dentists around town are best, because u r going to get some crown or bridge work done.Good Luck!!

I have to agree with Megan P.

In my personal opinion, you are right, the shape and color do not appear to be good matches. :( I'm so sorry, I wish this weren't my opinion and I could tell you things looked great but I know an honest opinion will be more helpful to you. Please let us know if you decide to talk to your dentist about it, let it be, or seek out another dentist.

Thank you!!! You actually have no idea what it means for someone to give their honest opinion. Not too many people do this anymore.
It is difficult to see in the photos the color. Did you have the two lateral incisors veneered? The color does look lighter. Your dentist can slightly reshape the veneers to a more pleasing shape. I too am not happy with my veneers.
Yes, it was the lateral incisors on which I had the veneers placed. The fact that you notice that further tells me that the color and shape are off. I don't know what my doctor will do, but I guess I will talk to them and then seek out another doctor to fix this if they don't do anything. Any other suggestions?
Contact your local dental association and explain your dissatisfaction. You can also request a Peer Review where different dentists evaluate your case. It may be determined that any redo will be covered by the same dentist or a different one. Good luck.
Had 14 veneers put in 2 days ago- temporaries are bulky and hurt. Is this normal? The upper 7 are short and look worse than my normal teeth, which are now gone forever, what to do, any suggestions? Really sorry I started this whole think. I am now $13,000 poorer and in pain.