Third Times a Charm - I HOPE! - Dallas, TX

Whats worse? Walking 60 Miles or Recovering from...

Whats worse? Walking 60 Miles or Recovering from Mommy Makeover ???

Now that I am finally here I think I am scared to death. I have scheduled surgery two other times and major things happened to put it off. Two years ago my dad died, this summer my mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am going for it NOVEMBER 8th - and hope like hell it all works out.

I am open to suggestions!! I am having a mommy makeover with Lift/augmentation, tummy tuck and lipo. This week I will walk the Susan Komen 3Day for the cure (fri - Sun) then return to Dallas for surgery on Thursday!

My hubby will be with me the first 24 hours. Then I will have an aide with me for 24 hours and stay in a hotel for two more days. SUGGESTIONS on what I need are welcome.

And here's the biggie.... One week post op I am supposed to go to Vegas and see the Eagles, celebrate 22nd wedding anniversary. Am I CRAZY to even think I can do that? we will be on a private plane so o airport hassle. I can rest in hotel and I'm not much of a gambler anyway.... Worse case scenario we have to back out last minute.

Ive been working out - feeling good about recovery. BUT after reading a few real life stories I have worked myself into a tizzy!!!! Oh MY!!!

3 weeks post op!!! I am feeling and looking...

3 weeks post op!!! I am feeling and looking GREAT!! WHY DID I WAIT??????

Oh my Why did I wait? and why did I not blog about the whole experience? I dont have much time to tell you everything but I will soon! I had an awesome experience - thanks to my hubby, Dr Steve Byrd and his awesome staff and also to my little sister that is just wonderful and sweet and turned out to be a pretty good nurse though I didnt know she had it in her!

Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op. I am going and blowing - though taking it slowly. I did make it to Vegas and the Eagles concert 1 week post op and was able to celebrate our 22nd anniversary. Made it through Thanksgiving fine - though I ate too much!!!

In short PRE OP - work out, take some good supplements and vitamins for a good bit before surgery (I was already taking some but my surgeon actually sent a good set home to start pre surgery and use for several weeks), get help and stay as relaxed as possible first 5 days post op!

I am so excited and wish I'd done this a while back! Good luck to those coming up soon and look for a more detailed version of my experience!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Visited a few doctors. Love my local PS but he didnt want to do surgery - he's a good friend. He recommended the doctor I chose and I LOVE him and the staff. Classy, friendly and great to help out.