2 Months After Lipo Very Concerned About Results - Dallas, TX

I had my knees, inner and outer thighs done! The...

I had my knees, inner and outer thighs done! The results are far from ideal, is there anything to be done to correct this? I now have banana rolls when I am laying on my stomach and its seen with clothes on. I am really more embarassed now than ever to show my legs. I have a bulge now that can be seen and an indention I believe from the compression garment. I am working out and trying to build muscle in hopes that all of this will go away.

I also had my implants replaced.

I also had my implants replaced.

Lipo wasn't worth it at all! I am now more self...

Lipo wasn't worth it at all! I am now more self conscious about my legs then I was before. Now my legs look like they have deformity! He just took to much out and I don't see how it will be fixed without another negative consequence. This is so sad, bc I 32 and now I can't see myself ever wearing shorts or feeling comfortable naked with a man again, :(

Well, yesterday was 5 months since I got lipo. ...

Well, yesterday was 5 months since I got lipo. Seriously regret I ever did it!!! I went and consulted with my dr and of course wanted to place blame on me. I am so mad at him, and I find his ethics questionable. He TOLD me out of HIS mouth that day he didn't like doing lipo and that he said I wasn't a great candidate for it. I told him had I known this prior I would have never allowed him to do lipo on me and he also never said I wasn't a good candidate for it. So now I am working out like crazy trying to drop 20lbs and build a ton of muscle to see if that will fix any of this. I beat myself up inside b/c I should have just stuck with my breast. He even did a fat transfer to my labia majora and that fat didn't last. I know the only way to correct this is to have a revision but I am terrified of anyone touching me now.

Hi there, I sent u a private message ;)

I'm sorry for your bad result, but why would you put yourself back into the hands of the surgeon who did this to you in the first place? He may make it worse. I hope that you reconsider that decision.

I don't see myself going to him for the revision, he really ticked me off. He even said my results are a huge improvement from the before. I told him he is absolutely WRONG!!
I am so sorry. I'm glad to hear that you won't put yourself in his hands again.
i do think with your before shape your dr should have done a better job ... maybe a bbl (fat transfer) not so much for the butt transfer but to fill in your hips some, your legs will appear much nicer with a semi hour glass shape. and also a pretty tan will make your legs look better and hide imperfection.
Yeah, I miss my hour glass shape!! I am going to see what can be done after I drop more weight and build more muscle. I am working on the tan, so I don't feel so disgusted when I see them. LOL
btw i am sure dr. coleman can give you a good result. on his website there is a girl similar to you, he improved her very much, though he quotes about 18000 use!
Hey girl, I know what you go threw, believe me. I was 19 when I had my lipo, I saved the money with my job as bartender, even if i was very skinny and did sport every day, i just always kept in proportion "big legs". I hated it, and therefor had the lipo done. I agreed to have my inner and outer upper legs done, and a little bit of my love handles, when i wake up he told me he also did my knees and belly "for free", actually i wasn't happy with that, since i liked my knees and i barely had any fat on my belly (168cm, 51 kilo). I never had any cellulite, the first 3 weeks after lipo I was happy because it looked like me shape was improved, after that i started to notice lumps and bumps, it looked like i had cellulite everywhere he removed the fat. I was so so soooo upset, but always tried to stay positive, believing that there would someone or some procedure that could improve the result. In the end for 4 years i spend a lot of money on treatments like massage/ultrasound and those kind of things, honestly it didn't work for my problem. (with ultrasound i seemed to loose fat, but the cellulite stayed). Now this monday, i will have secondary liposuction and fat transfer! I hope the doctor can improve my legs and make them ready for the beach this summer or maybe at least next year, i haven't been to the beach or swimming pool with friends/family for 4 years because i didn't want to admit to them i had lipo because the result looked so bad in compare with how i looked before, i felt a shame. I will let you know if my doctor was able to make an improvement.
You can get fat grafting. Search for the posting called "Very Bad Lipo Result - Marietta, GA" on RealSelf site. You can see improvements that another girl had after lipo gone bad. Dr. Coleman in New York does this procedure. After you read the post you will see not to let just anyone do fat grafting...some surgeons don't know how to do it effectively. If you get a consult for fat grafting make sure you ask for before and after pictures. Dr. Coleman has good results as far as I can see, but is expensive. Good luck! Your legs don't look bad enough to not wear short. There is a slight difference, but not too bad. I think you will have good luck with fat grafting.
I agree with the other girls to wait until the six month mark. Also, walk walk walk everyday. That helps circulation and may help any bulges go down if that's what they are
It has only been 2 months so you should see an improvement, especially with the skin tightening.
Jmcc224, Is the before pics the first ones? I hate to say this cause I know you feel bad about your results, but I see what your saying. I think the before pics look better than the after ones. I think your inner and outer thighs are smaller, but the skin doesn't look as tight and smooth. I'm sorry! There are new procedures that are out now that I think can help you achieve the results you want without having to undergo surgery again and is much cheaper. Check out the EXILIS. They perform it at my dermatology practice I go to.
I wouldn't try all those procedures, it is a waist of your money in your case, because the "uneven" lipo can not be repaired with skin tightning only. I would 100% sure go for fatgrafting + secondary lipo, than you ahve the change to become how you wanted to become in the first place. You should make a good research and find the right doc. to do this! Ofcourse I am not an expert or doctor. But I had a botched lipo 4 years ago. I have been reading about all procedures/surgeons/botched lipo's/etc. on a daily base for 4 years now (yes I know obsessed) I tryed some procedures meself as well, like massage/ultrashape and other things. And not just one treatment, nothing helped for me. Next week I will have my fattransfer + secondary lipo, hope I choose the right doc. but I have a good feeling that he can give me at least a great improvement
Didn't read everything under here, though if i were you i should not go to the same surgeon. you are quite skinny if he takes away more it might get even worse. A pretty good surgeon for this kin of things is dr. coleman in NY. though is is VERY expensive
I wouldn't let the doctor, who did this to you, touch you ever again. Don't let him/her try to retouch. If the doctor did this to you, he/her are not competent in lipo. I would see a different doctor to see what can be done. Look up "Very Bad Lipo Results" on this website (Realself). You can see a doctor who fixed another unfortunate lipo patient. I am not sure if you need more lipo to smooth out or if you need fat transfers. To my understanding...fat transfers are not successful unless you know what your are doing. Be careful on who you choose to fix your botched lipo. Note to anyone who reads this: DON'T GET LIPO, EVEN FROM A BOARD CERTIFIED SURGEON...SKIN GETS SAGGY, CREPE LOOKING, UNEVEN, PERMANENTLY DAMAGED! I know from experience.
I had the exact thing happen with me. I'm 3 months post op and very disappointed with my results. I have banana rolls too and didn't have them before. I also see a size difference, one thigh /leg is smaller than the other. I really hope it will improve within the next 3 months. Give us an update. I see my doc next week and I'll let you know what he says.
Thanks for any feed back, I am waiting for my dr to get back with me about my concerns. I will not wear shorts or a swimsuit if it looks like this in May! I am really hoping with building muscle and losing weight this will all work out. I am scared to do more lipo, but if that's what I need to smooth it out I will. How at three months did you see things start to shift? Can you explain more? Thank you!
I had upper lower abs and hips done. He didn't get my upper abs enough and I had a ridge, but I will say that up unil about 4 month I felt fluid or bumps whatever shifting to different areas near my lipo spots. Things seemed to just even out arpund month 4 to 5. Although I still had the ridge and he just fixed it. I am now happy with the resultss. I've hear thighs are the toughest and lumpiest in recovery. Patience. You should be fine by summer
BTW great idea photographing against black - It shows the profile so well - I might give this a try.
Thanks! :)
Any surgeon who is proud of their work should want to correct this for you. I can understand your disappointment. I had exactly the same surgery plus my hips done 11 weeks ago - Overall I am very happy though I do have a couple of spots that I have tried to talk to my surgeon about but she just dismissed them - When I get my before and after photos I think I am going to have another discussion with her. Your front profile looks OK but there is definitely a bulge that shouldn't be there on the left side. Surely the surgeon has to be accountable for this. I wish you luck with your attempts to have this rectified. When you spend so much money you should get what you paid for.
I know he will correct it, I am just scared now. I just hope it will all look natural and normal. :(
I did have a small area that stuck out on my right thigh different ways I moved at about 7 weeks - my partner noticed it - but I must say I had forgotten about it and it is no longer there, so maybe as the swelling goes you may find it evens out - at least your surgeon will correct it if it doesn't. Hope it works out well...
I no it seems far fetched but you really need to wait the 6 month. I found things shifting and changing at 3 plus months that time. Make your concerns known to the office. Wear your garment as often as possible! They should have insurance to cover touch ups after 6 is done and you haven't gained weight since procedure. Hang tight
How did it start to shift and change for you? Were you working out? Do you have progress pics?