Don't Do It! - Dallas, TX

I had the procedure done May 5th; it's been 8...

I had the procedure done May 5th; it's been 8 months now. I still have bruising, or spider veins, not sure of the difference, but I had nothing before. My cellulite has only diminished some, but now it also looks like my skin is sagging in my inner thighs. I fell like I can never wear anything that will show my legs, it’s embarrassing! I wish more than anything that I never had this procedure done. I did everything that the doctor told me to. My legs are still sensitive when touched, and I feel like the discoloration is never going to go away. I am in shape and wear dresses to work pretty much everyday, now I’m only wearing dresses that go to my knee. My cellulite sucked, but it looked better than what my legs look like now. My advice to any one who is thinking about doing it….DON’T!!

I feel like I choose the right doctor, I did my research on the doctors, unfortunately, in May, there wasn't a lot of people who had expereiced the procedure. It looked like it would work!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will live with my gross cellulite legs. How are your legs now?
Several of my friends have had their Cellulaze done by Dr. Lester and LOVE their results. I think thats where I am going to go when I am ready to get it done. I have heard some horror stories from doctors in the area that are family doctors doing this treatment. That boggles my mind that someone would go to the same person that can diagnose your childs cough to get a cosmetic procedure. I would rather pay a little more get good results and be getting it done by someone who does this day in and day out. It is Surgery after all. In the groupon cosmetic world we live in you have to know when its worth it to be cheaper and whats worth spending a little more on.
I used Dr. Lester and loved him. I am only a month out but my recovery has been not bad at all. It was also awesome that he uses twilight sedation so you sleep through the whole procedure. I have not had any of the bad side effects or issues that I have read about on this site.
I understand that it is optional, but still believe it is very valuable and that is why I asked her. If she were not comfortable sharing that information, by all means, that is her choice and I would totally respect that. I havebeen asked on this site to share pretty much naked pics of myself, which I believe can be equally (if not exponentially more) uncomfortable so I feel this was a fair question to ask. It helps to know whether the patient saw a plastic surgeon versus a GP. In this case, I considered using her doctor so her information helped me make my decision
I am sorry to hear about your negative response :( I had my cellulaze procedure just recently, but noticed that massaging the areas with a Clarisonic brush and long distance walking (1 mile +) really helps with the bruising. I assume that all of my bruising will be gone by 8 months. Some folks are also recommending the ultrasound therapy to speed up the bruising process (I've tried it and it is pleasant if nothing else). Also, bromelain supplements (1000mg/day on an empty stomach) are supposed to help with inflammation but I do not know if bromelain would work on residual bruising after 8 months - worth a try? I hope you find something that alleviates your bruising and I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the results :(
Thanks for the warning. I have heard a lot of people are unhappy with this procedure. It is too much money for such unpredictable results. I am sorry this happened to you.
You know what they say, what sounds to good to be true, usually is! Way too much $$ for unpredictable results! Also, to take the chance of your legs looking worse, which is where I am at right now! Thank you for for being compassionate :)

This is heartbreaking to read. :( I'm so sorry to hear that your legs are still discolored. What has your doctor said about it? Also, if you feel comfortable I'd love to see some close-up shots of the discoloration so we can have a sense for what it looks like.

Hoping this all goes away for you eventually!

The last time I saw the Dr. he said to give it more time. It's quite a drive for me to go see him, so I haven't been back in 3 months. I really don't want tto put any pictures up, sorry :(

Its ok. I know some people are comfortable posting pictures, and some people aren't. I do hope the discoloration fades. Please continue to keep us posted on how you are doing.

Since I live in Dallas, I would very much like to know your doctor's name. It is not very helpful to the rest of us that you have not provided his info. I would very much like to know if he was a board certified plastic surgeon.
Piperbaby, the reason that I didn't include the doctor's name, is because he is a good doctor, and I have no complaints about him. I just think there isn't enough research out there yet about this procedure. I think he did it right, just that it didn't work. With that being said, his name is: Dr. Jeffrey C. Caruth.

piperbaby, please keep in mind that not everyone is comfortable sharing their doctor's name, that is why the doctor information is optional. We are thankful for what people are willing to share about their experience and that will vary depending on their comfort level, so its important we be understanding of that.

I totally understand your reasons completely, so please know that my comment wasnot mean to read as "blunt" as it may have. I was just curious because I have heard things all over the metroplex about the different doctors and was curious if your's was a specific one. I still am not really sure what to think about this procedure being done by a few non-surgeons (I know Dr. Caruth is at least an ob/gyn, so he does have surgery experience). I am kind of weird about having persons perform things like this though who have no surgery background. I hope my question did not make you uncomfortable. I guess I was thinking "well, people have asked me on here to post pretty much naked pics of myself, so any question should be fair game" ;) So sorry it did not work out the way you wanted. That is disappointing for sure. I am scheduled to have mine done in early February with a differnet doctor, but your posting definitely made me think twice. I am certainly having a tough time making a final decision.
No worries, I just didn't want to post the Doctor's name, because I do believe he is a good doctor. I definitely wouldn't do the procedure with a non-surgical doctor. If you have excess cash to take a gamble to see if it works, then I guess go for it. Otherwise, I would save your money, I wish I did :( I'm now 8 1/2 months and still have the blood viens/brusing on the top of my thighs and on the back of my thighs. I'm praying that by summer all the discoloration will be gone!

I just wanted to thank you for posting all the info that you have. I have already had a consult with Dr. Caruth, but I was also going to get a second consult because I had a bad experience with a podiatrist that basically ruined my left foot, and I had to have another surgery to repair her mistake... and when you have a terrible experience you definately want to make sure that when you do have surgery again that you check out the doctor thoroughly. With that being said Dr. Lester was the second Doctor that I picked after doing research on the internet and he is a board certified plastic surgeon and he has been practicing for 20-25 years now in this specific field. Dr. Caruth is a great doctor, but he shared an office with my OB for several years before he started doing plastic surgery and he is not board certified with plastic surgery and that is a major factor for me. Never use a doctor who is not board certified especially when it comes to surgery... or you are definately looking for trouble.