I Have Major Regrets - Dallas, TX

I now have major regrets about my breast reduction...

I now have major regrets about my breast reduction. I discussed the lollipop procedure with my ps at my consultation and woke up with the anchor procedure conducted and a large amount of tissue removed. I appear to be hardly a B cup and was a 36H before surgery. I'm hoping to be able to do fat transfer.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Great insurance. I wish I had interviewed more doctors.

I'm seeing a doctor who is finally giving me an honest assessment of what has happened to me. My breast were lifted to high. I have stitch marks around my nipples. He said there is a better way to do this that doesn't show that. I look like the bride of Frankenstein! The list goes on. Needless to say I found this doctor no thanks to this site. No one I messaged here replied. I was driving by, made a u-turn, called to see if he was in network and made an appointment. He's wonderful. Wish I'd found him first.
What are you going to do now? Its horrible to want something so bad, go through what we have been through just to end of very unhappy....keep the chin up and keep me posted.
Right now he's treating my scars and swelling. He said in six months he can remove the fat the other dr didn't properly that causes me not to be able to put my left arm at my side comfortably. This may make me look more even. He doesn't do the fat grafting. I realize no two breast are perfectly even but once the excess tissue is gone I may not want the grafting. That would certainly save my husband money. Insurance not covering that.
Who are you going to now?
Hello haven't been on this site in some time. I actually have surgery scheduled on January 30th for breast implants, scar revision and liposuction of the axillary area. Finally, I'll be able to put my arm down. It's costing me $7400 to be able to look in the mirror again and to be able to fill out both bra cups completely. It's rediculous for a surgeon to remove the amount of tissue that was taken from me during my reduction. 8 doctors agreed that it was more than usual for my size. The doctor performing my surgery is in Dallas -certainly not at UTSW. He's kind, listens and very experienced.
When I say more than usual for my size I mean weight. I was 163 pounds and he took 1645grams from my right breast and 1230grams from the left. Excessive....... He left me with nothing. He also did a free nipple graft so I have lost my pigment. That is costing me additional money to repair as well. He really screwed me up. My nipples aren't even at all. But to repair that would make more scars.......Dr S said try to live with it. But he would fix that too if I wanted.
It's good to hear you're finding some solace and resolution. Your first doctor seems so disrespectful and negligent.
When I look at some pictures of before and after I feel sorry for these people who really needed a drastic reduction and ended up almost the same size as before. I think comfort should be the first issue and I can't imagine anyone with a D cup being comfortable at all
In the U.S. D cup is the average size. Do they size differently in the U.K.? I see D as about just right. On a petite woman it could be a little large, but not on an average or larger women.
That's correct. I'm a size 8 and should be a D cup. No smaller than a C.
You're still just a short time after surgery. May take up to a year to get a final result so try to look forward to a good healing and recovery. Beauty comes in all sizes. There is not an "ideal size". keep in mind body image can't suddenly change. You're used to being larger so it takes time to adjust to a drastic change. Be patient with yourself.
This doctor really just did a bad job. He didn't even center my nipples. I look ridiculous. I prefer my huge boobs and back pain, without the scars. Rather than have the stress and sleepless nights that he has caused me. Also, in a year I'll have a bill for the fat I'll be putting back in my chest. I was controlling the back pain with pills. The stress is worse. It leads to depression.
As time passes my breast are looking worse. I am majorly depressed and can hardly bare the sight of them. Before surgery my right breast was heavier. Now that too much tissue was removed- 8 pounds, my left is heavier, and disfigured also my right is very sunken on top as well as an entire size smaller. My nipples are not even and because I am African American they are discolored because he removed them. I would post pictures but I have identifiable tattoos. He did not do nipple tattooing because he claims the color does not last. I look horrible! I need a doctor who can fix me. I have contacted a couple on this site but have not gotten a call back. Very sad. I still hope to do fat transferring. I look like a male body builder now. I pray I have enough skin to stretch for transferring. He took everything from me.
I know how you feel, we went through all of this just to get a shitty result. Like I said my PS took too little breast tissue and I hardly look any different, still wearing the same bra's I did before, so much for the cute little bra's I wanted to wear this summer. I get depressed too, but I am trying to move on. My breasts are very scarred as well. I don't know whats worse, not taking enough breast tissue or taking too much...probably taking too much. When did you have your surgery....hopefully you will be Happygirl again...keep me posted
Had surgery in May. I a actually have a post op today with another surgeon. Maybe he'll be able to help me.
I have always been confused about why when these surgeries go wrong they don't offer to correct their own mistakes (or send you to someone else) at no cost to you. I have heard about things like this and even worse but I never hear of any efforts at correction or re-compensation
Yeah me neither....I had my reduction done in South Carolina, we live there in the winters and now we are back in Maine, so he hasn't seen me and I left SC 4 weeks after my reduction, I should have done it sooner...but, I keep sending him pic's and express my disappointment, now he won't answer any of my emails. I am going to wait until we get back to SC in Nov and if I do not get some sort of compensation ( I pd 6,300 out of pocket) I am going to write on this board and also under his name....he needs to give me back my money (or some of it) offer lipo for nothing...I don't think I want to go threw another reduction even if he offered...
Just saw Dr. for follow up. He wasn't much better than the first. They are in same practice even though the one who performed my surgery left. My husband's insurance was wasted.
Gee, what did they say? I am going to get the same crap when I go back to SC where I had the BR done..What do you want to happen now and what are they saying??? What a friggin nightmare going through this crap with horrible results, rather to big still or way to small..although I think most people have great results
He looked at my scars asked what I was using. I told him what I was unhappy with he said no two breast are perfect. I stated I knew that of course. He was very arrogant I thought. He talked- I listened. He left. Pictures were taken, the nurse suggested something for my scars. I rode home with my daughter listening to her say "I don't like that doctor mommy."
I am so sorry, we go through this shit and this is the result and not even having a PS that will try to helpllll We will stay in touch, I am sorry for both you and I but most women have a wonderful sucess rate, we just weren't the two
Went to Victoria's Secret for a bra fitting just to see where I was size wise. I was fitted at 36D to my surprise. It has only been 3 weeks since my surgery and at my second post op visit I was said to be still a bit swollen. I'll happily take a C cup minus the swelling. I understand its still very early and six months is when I'll see real results but wishful thinking is nice.
Had my second post op visit yesterday. He's aware of my dissatisfaction with size. Before he came in the nurse stated "As a nurse I think your size is great." Anyway what's done is done. I'm not a big girl. Proportion is important to me. I'm still slightly swollen and it's still very early in this process. The surgeon insists that the results will be great in six months to a year. Maybe I'll end up with a small C cup. I'd be happy with that and certainly wouldn't bother to pay for fat graphing.
The nurse's opinion doesn't count, only yours. It could be thast you will gain volume with recovery, but that doesn't explain why your PS didn't give you more info on why he removed the amount he did or why he didn't attempt honor your requested target size. Be optimistic, many women regain a cup size or more post-op.
Thanks:) he did tell me several times that he could not guarantee cup size. I didn't know at the time that insurance companies could specify amounts to be removed. This site had been very informative.