Almost 40 !!! Happy Birthday to Me - Lift W/ Possible Implants -Dallas, TX

Here I am - almost 40 - mom of 2 - wife of one -...

Here I am - almost 40 - mom of 2 - wife of one - and basically super happy in my life. Yes, I could lose a few pounds, maybe "want" to have sex with my husband more often, could use a few more bucks in my wallet, my kids could work a tad on being more perfect, and I wish a little fairy could fly around all day though my house cleaning up after all of us, but like I said, Pretty happy life - Except one thing... actually 2, not so small things, that have created way more frustration than necessary and more attention than they deserve. My saggy boobs - they have been the topic of discussions, played roles in games with other girlfriends (how many pencils can you fit in your sag?), and have cost way too much money trying to find the perfect bra.
I have wanted to do something about my saggy boobs for years. My kiddos are 8 & 9 1/2 - breastfed them both for a full year. I said I was going to do something at 35, but that came and went - so now that I am about to be 40 I decided I am not waiting any longer.
I am so ready to be able to wear a strapless bra without having to be pulling it up all night or swimsuits with tops that arent made for support. What would it be like to be able to wear those little pasties that I hear people talking about - or actually going braless "yikes - that thought makes me cringe". What in the world would all those things be like ??? It would be a whole new world - a life of free and easy - so many clothing decisions would become simple and possibly fun :)
So now that I am going to fix this "problem" the question becomes how to fix it. Every body is different - I can look at before and after picture trying to find the one that looks just like I do, but I have come to realize that that is not possible - so now I have to succumb to "opinions" of friends, family, and surgeons.
I saw my first doctor last week - his consultant was convinced that I should do just a lift - she was actually very adamant that that was the only responsible thing to do. She completely discouraged implants. She did say that I could find dozens of other doctors who would happily do implants and lift, but that would be a bad decision. I had not done any research on this subject so I wasnt sure what to say - I had explained to her that I really was not looking at being that much bigger, but I also did not want to be smaller - I just wanted firmer, perkier breast. She had me so excited about it - I liked the idea of staying natural and not having the round, fake look. I left the office, got home, figured out financing and called back and paid my 10% to hold the surgery date.
Then reality set in and I realized that even though I trusted the person who had referred me to the first doctor that I probably should get another opinion. There was a side of me that was not truly convinced that I just needed a lift.
Went to second doctor and he said absolutely I should do lift and implants - otherwise I would not have the firmness and size he felt I was looking for. Uhggg - here we go - now what - who do you believe ?? They were both reputable, and both referred by trusted people.
Went to 3rd doctor - I didnt care for him personally, but he also said I should do a lift with a small implant.
Both implant doctors said they would do just a lift, but they didnt have me convinced that I would be happy with the results. They both said they thought I would be back in a year for implants.
I am okay with implants, but I am so worried about having them look fake - I REALLY like the idea of looking natural - dont care if I actually am natural - just really want that look.
I feel like with just a lift I will still be too squishy and mushy. I also think they will be a little smaller - which I dont think I will be happy with.
I went from just going to see one doctor to seeing 3 and have 2 other appointments early next week. I have spent more hours that I expected researching doctors and lift w/ implants vs. lift only.
I guess I need to realize that there is not one thing that could be right for me - I am just going to need to make a decision. Not sure if the problem is that I have yet to meet a doctor that has convinced me one way or another - or maybe there is no doctor that will do that. I think I am right on the edge of being able to do either with my breast type - I will say that I am starting to veer towards lift w/implants.
I am actually meeting with first doctor tomorrow (I initially only met with his consultant) It will be interesting to see if he tells me the same as his consultant did. And hopefully meeting the other two doctors next week will help my decision.
I am ready to make a decision and start getting excited about the "New Me". Any advice is very appreciated !

Made my Decision !!!

I found my doctor !! I really feel everything happens for a reason - and that theory was proven to me on Friday. I had 2 appointments with 2 different drs. on monday - I got a referral from a trusted friend about another Dr. In order to make that appointment I had to change one of my Monday appointments to Friday - They were so nice about fitting me in on Friday. I got to the office and the staff was so nice - the lady that sits in the consult was also so sweet - btw - are they actual nurses ?? When the doctor came in we sat and talked for a good 15 minutes - I was still dressed and I felt like he really spent that time getting to know me, hear about what I was thinking and my previous consults - I liked him immediately. He told me to put the robe on and then came right back and after examining me suggested a lift with small implants - maybe 200cc's. He was not at all pushy or trying to talk me into something I was unsure about. He put my concerns at ease about doing implants at the same time as a lift. And he really explained it in a way that I understood and was comfortable with.
When we were done his office manager came in to discuss price and see what I was thinking - I told her that I really like him and I think I wanted him to do the surgery - She said they could do the surgery Feb 19th - I was kinda sad bc I am ready now - she told me that the only other day he had sooner was next Tuesday, Feb. 4th - I said OKAY !!! I think she thought I was a tad crazy but was so excited along with me. My husband was not with me so I called him and he asked his "protective questions" which makes me love him more - he even talked to the office manager about the doctor and quizzed her on his experience. It was kinda silly, but I trust my husbands instincts and since I was lost in a moment of excitement I needed him to be the smart one :)
We were able to get my labs done right then and get all the paperwork taken care of. I felt a little crazy making such a quick decision, but I honestly felt like the reason I was having a hard time making a decision is bc I had not found the right doctor for me who made me comfortable with whichever decision I was going to make.
Needless to say - I am beyond excited !!!! I am not at all nervous or concerned if I am making the right decision, otherwise I know I would still be doing research, maybe questioning if I was too hasty - but that is not at all the case !!!
My advice to anyone who is having a hard time deciding on what to do is to really ask yourself if maybe your indecisiveness is due to not finding the right doctor yet.
So - as of Tuesday afternoon I will begin my new adventure in a life without the "Boob Hassle".
I feel like a kid before Christmas !!!
I will keep you posted :)

Tomorrow is the big day !!

In less than 24 hours I will be looking down at my new perky boobies :) I am so excited !!! I have to admit that I am a tad nervous about the surgery and any complications that could arise. I know that this feeling normal and that I am in good hands. At the risk of being politically incorrect I would love to ask for any prayers I can get. Please pray that Dr. Armijo is calm, confident and precise. Pray that my body is strong and healthy and that the entire OR staff is in the right frame of mind to keep my body safe and secure.
I will post an update as soon as I can !!

Had Surgery yesterday !!

I have my new boobs !!! Yay !!! Surgery went great and I can naot say enough about how much I LOVE my doctor.
I felt pretty good after surgery and into last night - Sleeping brought on some new issues though. I obviously needed to sleep on my back and I am not usually a back sleeper so that was difficult. My back was achey all night and I was very restless. I woke to alot of muscle pain and soreness this morning - I realize this is to be expected and since I choose to do this surgery I can only complain a little bit.
I had some pain meds from a back surgery I had last June that were stronger so I called my Dr. and asked if I could take those and he said yes - so i took one of the pain pills and one of the muscle relaxers and was able to get a great long morning nap in. I plan to take them again tonight before bed.
My hubby went to work so I was on my own - luckily I have wonderful friends - one brought me breakfast and another brought me lunch and also stayed to help me change the dressing on the wounds - now thats a great friend :) She didnt flinch a bit. It felt good to get the yucky stuff off and new pads on.
I was able to get a little dinner ready for my kids and my daughter ready for a soccer game. I feel bad that I could not go with her to the game, but I am not ready to do much moving around.
Since my hubby is with my daughter I am home alone with my 8 year old son - he is pretty easy but needs a bath and I still help the little stincker with that so we will see how that goes.
My boobs are swollen, but I can already tell that I am going to love them. I can not wait to feel better so I can really start enjoying them.
They are very hard up on top which I was told would be the case. Dr.said it could take 2-3 weeks before the fell to a normal level.
I am going to attempt a shower tomorrow, but I am worried about washing my hair and then having to dry it - but each day I am sure will bring less pain - so we will see.
I cant remember what the dr. said about moving my arms around and up and down. I know he said not to use my arms to push myself up which using those pec. muscles - but does anyone know about use of arms as long as it is not pushing or pulling and really using those muscles.
I kinda feel like it feels good to move my arms around a little and get them moving, but is that okay.
Even though this had added pain and some difficulty in my life for a few days and I can already tell it will be worth it !!

1 week post op

It is the weirdest feeling not having saggy boobs - of course I am not totally healed so there is still some discomfort, but I can already tell I am going to love my new boobs.
This past week has actually been pretty good - I have taken it as slow as I can. I am not one to sit around and do nothing, but I want everything to heal properly so I am doing my best.
On Sunday I did notice some greenish/yellowish discharge on my gauze - It was really gross - I texted a picture of it to my doctor and he thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to the antibacterial stuff I had been putting on the wounds - so he called in a prescription one for me and that seems to be helping.
I have my check up appointment with the dr. on Thursday and I know I will feel better after he sees me and makes sure everything is as it should be.
I think one of biggest issues is the itchiness where the tape is on my skin - I am doing my best to use as little as possible.
All in all this has been a great experience and I am still 100% confident I made the right decision.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Armijo is so wonderful. The day I went in for my consultation was the same day I scheduled my surgery with him. I had seen 3 other doctors that I just was not sure about. Each of them said something different and I wasnt sure if I felt comfortable with any of them or their opinions. The minute I met Dr. Armijo we connected. He is so easy to talk to and I felt like he and I were on the same page from the beginning. He called me the night after the surgery to make sure I was okay and gave me his cell phone to call if I ever needed anything. I actually had to text him with a question about meds and he immediately replied. I am 100% confident that he was the perfect doctor for me.

Hi, great to see you are looking fabulous! Thanks for the update.
Hope your recovery is going well. I am sure you are going to look fabulous.
how are you doing ?? I ended up with 265cc on each side
I am doing great!! 2 weeks out today!! Been walking and pretty much back to normal day to day stuff. They are atill tight and swollen but I feel good. Had some stitches pop through so they gave me so me antiobiotic cream to put on. I still am not sure what cc's I did get but I know under 300. I swear they seem smaller. How did everything go for you? I have been thinking about you.
I'm from Dallas too. I have my first consultation this Thursday for a lift with implants. I'm 49 and lost over a 100 lbs. needless to say my breast are saggy and very unattractive. I'm looking forward to having breasts that are in proportion to the rest of my body. Do you mind sharing the name of your surgeon?
I am seeing Dr. Bryan Armijo - he is in Dallas - kinda near Northpark mall area - right off of hwy. 75. He was so friendly and love love love his staff. I cant tell you how excited I am and how confident I feel with my decision.
Who is your consultation with? You should really meet Dr. Armijo.
How did your consult go ?? Have you made any decisions ?
neednewboobs, Im in the same boat except, you already decided and I haven't. I would love implants because I now I won't be full. I just want them to look nicer (perkier) nothing big. I have seen 5 doctors already. one suggested fat transfer, the other said it was hard to tell until the actual surgery and my size would be a b. But at the same time I worry that in 12-15 years from now ill have to replace them. by then I will be 52 or 55yro. Will I have the money then? surgery again? would I be in good health? ugh!! maybe it will be easier to decide after I see yours done..Anyways glad your are soon to be perkier, I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care :)
I was really thinking at first about just wanting a lift - I also did not want to worry about implants in the years to come. Dr. Armijo explained to me that the whole 10 year thing with implants is just about how long the implants are warrenteed for. Kinda like a car - just becasue the warrenty is up does not mean the car is gonna stop running. He obvioulsy could not make any guarentees, but he said the implants could easily last 30 years - You just never know. I did the silicone - we talked about about the recommended yearly MRI and he said he did notthink it was neccesary. I asked if his wife had silicone (she has had no plastic surgery by the way) implants would he have her get an MRI yearly and he said no. I totally believe him. Insurance will not pay for that MRI so he felt it was an unneccesary cost. I'm sure opinions are varied on that however. I decided on the implants bc I really did not want to be smaller - I wasnt looking to be alot bigger, but I was pretty sure if I did justthe lift I would be dissapointed in the size. I ended up with 265cc's on each side. I will post a pic soon so you can see. Hope some of this helps !!
Can't wait to see your new twins :D. And thanks (by the way tt is next Thursday) and 2 months out will be the twins) keep us posted :)
Hi, I can't wait to see your results. I'm 42 and will be having my breast lift on 05/09. I'm currently a 36dd and plan to lose at least 20 pounds before surgery which will put me at a 36 full c or deflated d. So I'm not sure about the implants. Like you I want to make sure they are full n firm. Thanks for sharing your story.
You should read the comment I left above - i discussed my decision about getting implants along with the lift. I feel 100% confident I did the right thing. I know everyone is different but maybe my comment can help you decide. I do have a friend who has larger boobs and is interested in just a lift - She has not seen a doctor yet, but a since her boobs have more tissue then a lift might be fine for her. I know it is a hard decision - WhenI met the right doctor - it made my decsion so much easier bc I trusted his thoughts.
I think your breast look great really. I would not do anything rightnow.....between 40 and 50 lots of changes are happening and l would wait. Good luck with your decision!!
You are sweet - That picture must not tell the true story :) Maybe there are worst ones out there, but I am so unhappy with mine and I have waited long enough.
You sound just like me and I waited another 4 years before finally doing it last week right before my 45 bday!! I went to many consults because I only wanted a lift with no implants. Basically, they almost all said the same thing....they could do a lift but I probably wouldn't be happy as time went on. I opted for small implants with a lift. I am only a week out and they are still high and swollen but they do defy gravity and look great in clothes already. My ps promised me I wouldn't be any bigger. I was a 34 C or D (depending on bra) but didn't full it up....just excess skin and sagginess. I am not even sure what cc he used. I trusted him fully cause he knew I wanted to be perkier and firmer not bigger. I too can't wait for no more uncomfortable strapless bras. Right now I am in a granny type bra 24/7 but they look better every day. Best of luck to you!!!
I am anxious to hear more about your recovery !! We can compare stories - I'm sure you will have lots of advice that I can learn from.
How are you doing ?? I am a week post op and feel really good - obviously still tight and a tad sore, but overall very well :)