Thrilled with my Explant by Dr. Melmed in Dallas - Dallas, TX

I had silicone breast implants behind the muscle...

I had silicone breast implants behind the muscle for over 20 years and was unable to find anyone in Austin willing to remove them. Then I heard about Dr. Melmed in Dallas, Texas on this site and learned he had done thousands of explants. I met with him and he recommended an internal lift with my explant. On July 25th he did my explant and internal lift taking me down from a full C-cup to a nice B-cup. It was day surgery - I went in at 8 am, surgery at 9 am, out of surgery about 10:30 am, and left the surgery center about 3 pm. I had to wear drains for about 24 hours - he pulled them out the day after surgery. I had no bruising until 3 or 4 days later, then only mild bruising around the nipples which is where he removed my implants from. You can see the bruising in the pictures. He does the little heart bandages over the dissolvable stitches on the nipples - I have to leave those on until they start to peel off on their own, about 10 - 14 days.

I am at day 7 and still healing but it has been fairly easy recovery and I can't say enough about how awesome Dr. Melmed is and how great the staff at Dallas Medical City Ambulatory Surgical Center are as well. They all took great care of me. I'm posting a couple of pictures, both 7 days post surgery. Wish I had taken "before" pics but I didn't. To all you ladies considering explant surgery - do it! I feels great to get those heavy sacs off your chest :-)
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

He is the best - he won't do implants any more because he thinks they are so bad for women and he really makes you feel like you are beautiful with small breasts. I think he has done somewhere between 3000 - 4000 explants. He helped me get my insurance to cover part of the explant procedure as well by taking time to write a letter that they were ruptured - which turned out to be true - the left one was ruptured - so glad I got those things out of my body. I don't know how much longer he plans to work before he retires - he is 69 years old but doesn't look it at all. I'm just so thankful that I found him when I did!