Thrilled with my Explant by Dr. Melmed in Dallas - Dallas, TX

I had silicone breast implants behind the muscle...

I had silicone breast implants behind the muscle for over 20 years and was unable to find anyone in Austin willing to remove them. Then I heard about Dr. Melmed in Dallas, Texas on this site and learned he had done thousands of explants. I met with him and he recommended an internal lift with my explant. On July 25th he did my explant and internal lift taking me down from a full C-cup to a nice B-cup. It was day surgery - I went in at 8 am, surgery at 9 am, out of surgery about 10:30 am, and left the surgery center about 3 pm. I had to wear drains for about 24 hours - he pulled them out the day after surgery. I had no bruising until 3 or 4 days later, then only mild bruising around the nipples which is where he removed my implants from. You can see the bruising in the pictures. He does the little heart bandages over the dissolvable stitches on the nipples - I have to leave those on until they start to peel off on their own, about 10 - 14 days.

I am at day 7 and still healing but it has been fairly easy recovery and I can't say enough about how awesome Dr. Melmed is and how great the staff at Dallas Medical City Ambulatory Surgical Center are as well. They all took great care of me. I'm posting a couple of pictures, both 7 days post surgery. Wish I had taken "before" pics but I didn't. To all you ladies considering explant surgery - do it! I feels great to get those heavy sacs off your chest :-)
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

He is the best - he won't do implants any more because he thinks they are so bad for women and he really makes you feel like you are beautiful with small breasts. I think he has done somewhere between 3000 - 4000 explants. He helped me get my insurance to cover part of the explant procedure as well by taking time to write a letter that they were ruptured - which turned out to be true - the left one was ruptured - so glad I got those things out of my body. I don't know how much longer he plans to work before he retires - he is 69 years old but doesn't look it at all. I'm just so thankful that I found him when I did!

wow thats awesome! How are you now?
Hi. I have a consultation with Dr. Melmed. Could I message you somehow. I am new to this site so not sure how to do this.
Now that you have had some time to recover are you back to working out or doing any exercising?
Hi, Thank you for sharing your experience with us ladies with implants. In 1998 I had saline implants. I was a 34a and I wanted a 36 b. The nurse talked me into going bigger in case I didn't like the size I got. I wish I had only done the 36b. I am now a 36dd. I am a small framed person, 5' tall and 120 lbs. I can't get clothes to fit me properly and I think these are way too big for my frame. I am so self conscious of how big they are I just want to hide them in big clothes. I am scared if I take them out I will look awful and saggy. I dont have the money to do a lift. Please help?
I really understand what you r going through. I felt desame when they were bigger really self conscious and covered up. I made the desition to either live unhappy with them in and worry forever or have them taken out whatever they looked like and be just natural. Am also small framed and 5.3 tall. I am 100%more confident since I had them removed I didn't have a lift and they look good. There are amazing bras out there that will help them look good. I will try to upload some more pics of mine, they really won't look as bad as you imagine.
Thank you so much. I have wanted to do this for quite a while now. My family and friends think I am crazy to do this. Why? they say. You look awesome! you won't like the way you will look with out them. They don't understand I have trouble breathing, sore shoulders and back. And tired all the time. But I don't feel awesome! I am calling tomorrow to set up an appt with the ps that put in my implants. I will keep you posted.
They look amazing really happy for you. X
Wow you really look incredible! Can I ask why the other plastic surgeons did not want to remove your implants?
You look amazing! I'm new to this site, thank you so much for sharing your process and story. I too have had my implants in for 20 yrs, the left one is ruptured. :( Time to get these out of my body. I have been terrified to move forward, seeing your results has put me in a much more positive place. Thanks again for sharing wih everyone on this site. Wishing you good health always! :) I noticed that you don't have any scars from the lift. ? Is that because of the "internal lift"?
They look wonderful! I am calling Monday to talk to Janet and booking my explant with him. Thanks so much for sharing!

Beautiful results! And I love your heart-shaped tape. :) Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf.

You look great! Such a freeing feeling to get those weights off our chests ;)
You look fabulous!