Boobs After Explant - Dallas, TX

Positive experience. Medical City Hospital is...

Positive experience. Medical City Hospital is amazing, nurses were very kind to me. I need extra TLC being out of town without family there with me! Three weeks after explant the hospital has called 3 times to check on me. The en bloc and lift procedure lasted about 2 hours. A tad sore after. Looking forward to healing and getting back to normal.

Wanted to add a 4 week out image

4 week out side

10 weeks out!

Wanted to check in with more photos now that I'm 10 weeks out. I feel GREAT! I'm sleeping on my stomach again and had my first comfortable massage in 13 long years- pure heaven! Starting intense weight training program tomorrow. If you are considering explant, go for it! You'll feel better, look better, and won't be chained down to future surgeries- unless you want them. If you're worried about going under anesthesia, think about the scary alterative, leaving in something with potential dangers. 110% worth it. Melmed, it you're listening, THANK YOU sir!

More 10 weeks out

Still coming...

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I decided to go with breast explant expert Dr. Edward Melmed. Flew to Dallas, TX from Virginia. Stayed at a hotel for 4 days near the hospital. His bedside manner is genuine and rare. He performed an internal lift and a bellini lift. Ended up with more bob than I started with. Thrilled!

I'm hoping to get an appointment with Dr. Melmed myself, although I have to admit I'm still nervous about flying in for surgery then leaving soon after. Can you tell me a little more about the internal lift from your prospective? I consulted with different Doctor in Texas that does something similar, although I think his technique is different. Above all else, you're happy and you look great. Congratulations!
Tiny YOu, you have so much more breast tissue than before you had implants... did you have fat transfer too? Or did your breasts just grow naturally? You look so great and not tiny at all. Maybe you should change the name, as there actaully are women who actually are tiny in the breast department. I mean, if your breasts are tiny, then what are their breasts? I imagine it could hurt the feelings of women who actaully have tiny breasts, because really, those breasts in the picutres (current with the implants explanted) are not tiny breasts at all.
As someone who got attacked on another thread for being bothered by a statement, might it be possible that "Tinyme" is referring to her stature or body type, and not specifically her breasts?
oh, I am not trying to attack tinyme... i think she looks lovely and has made a healthy decision for herself and is super lucky to have so much natural breast tissue after her explant... not an attack at all. just a thought. I really was thinking of how tiny breasted women might feel to see that name and then see her picture... me having been a tiny-breasted woman myself. It was hard emotionally to be tiny breasted, which is why i got implants so long ago..... and then when they were drained, it was emotionally trying to see that they were so small... if it wasn't for the fat transfer i did, I would not be happy like I am now... I surely did not mean this as an attack, bsbfankaren and tinyme... please don't take it that way. I really was thinking about the feelings of tiny breasted women. that's all. I really do think you look awesome, tinyme, and am so happy for you that you made such a healthful decision to explant. and maybe she is refferring to her stature :))))
Your breasts look wonderful, and from all I've been reading about Dr. Melmed, he must be quite the miracle worker! Can you tell me what your breast size was before you had your implants? Also, I've got low nipples too and I'm thinking I might need a lift no matter what, just so that my breasts don't appear to "sag" more than they should because of my nipple placement? Personally, I don't care about sagging as I think it's natural. I just want the implants out! :)
I was just reading through the other comments and wanted to clarify about the lift that Dr. Melmed did (which I love!) My breasts are definitely flatter at the top and much more tissue at the bottom - one of the women commented on this result - but I think it looks much more natural. I had my implants for over 20 years and never expected such a good result. I think it's easy to forget what natural breasts look like when you've had implants for a long time - I did :-) But if I want a little cleavage at the top - I just use a push-up bra - that's what all the non-implanted (be they ever so few) stars in Hollywood use to get their cleavage. But yes - the top of your breasts will be much flatter at the top after your explant - but much more beautiful in a natural way. (just my humble opinion) Hugs and love to all of you!
Oh yah! I agree, rr8183... totally.... natural looking and beautiful :)
Great response. I've been wondering what all the fascination is with "upper pole fullness" and even spoke to a PS in Texas (not Dr. Melmed) who kept mentioning it even when I told him repeatedly it was not a concern of mine.
Hi ladies - I posted out here about a year ago - had my explant at the end of July 2013 with Dr. Melmed. Still 100% happy with it!! I do have some light scarring just above the nipples from the bellini lift - but my breasts look great - like a 20-something year old, not 55 (which is my current age). And my husband doesn't mind the scars which are continuing to fade by the way. Even if they never go away I would do it all over again!! Besides who sees the nipples up that close anyway - almost no one :-) I was wearing a 36C before my surgery, but my breasts were not covered well on the outside edges - because I had never had a bra properly fitted. After my surgery I went to a specialty place that fits bras and learned my new size was a 34 DDD. I am slender but my chest is wide and broad-shouldered and my breasts are the type that tend to be wide across my chest. Best and most comfortable bra I've ever worn - so please reward yourself by getting fitted properly a couple of months after your surgery and getting a comfortable bra. Make sure to wait until all the swelling has gone down. I paid $60 for the bra but it's worth every penny. Also please take it easy after your surgery, especially when you are first allowed to start exercising again. I made the mistake of entering a push-up contest at work (it was a team-building event) just a week after my "ok" to start exercising and I ended up with a seroma in my left breast which had to be drained - not a big deal and no long lasting effect on my breasts - they still look the same, but it meant another surgery to insert the drain tube and a longer recovery. My bad - what was I thinking doing pushups so soon. Take it easy for much longer than the doctor says!! Honestly - my breasts look better than they every looked!! I love love love Dr. Melmed and his staff - he is the master at making your breasts look better than before your implants. You may or may not experience some of the nipple scarring - but to me it's still worth it to get rid of the implants and not have saggy breasts. One tip I heard from another surgeon (who only does implants unfortunately) is that putting the paper tape on top of your scars 24 hours a day for 3 months helps reduce scarring. I didn't learn about this until right after the 3 month period - it apparently helps the scars to flatten and also fade better. Wishing you all the best in your explants!!
wow, you look great. the doctor did a fine job and you have a wonderful size after the explant. congratulations.
Thank you for sharing your story and posting your pictures. You really do look wonderful. What size bra are you were now? Do you have scars from the bellini lift? Thanks again.
I'm a little nervous about scarring in general. Just cause I think my body heals weird. I had a C-Section and that scar healed really dark and was ribbed a little :( that was even with me using Merderma like crazy. But I'm trying not to stress about it. My incision from my BA is in the armpit so I have never had to look at it.
TinyMe- What size were you pre breast implants?
I was a large A, small B.
Hi! You look so great! I had my consultation with Dr. Melmed yesterday it went great, he's so knowledgable. I'm not gonna lie I'm a little nervous on how my scars will heal around the areola. How are yours healing? Do you still have sensation in them? All the other docs I consulted with wanted to do in crease....and were of course like are you sure you don't want to replace.....ugggghhh NO THANKS. Anyway yours look great!
Glad to hear you are going with him. Scars take time to heal and fade. Mine were red and strange looking after the surgery. 3 months later my eyes are drawn to them when I look at my breast. I guess it’s important for us to let them heal and not judge them for a year. I know it’s harder said then done. I wanted the incisions in my crease too, decided to let Melmed work his magic they way he is most comfortable doing it. If you reduce the size like me, make sure you have a say in what size the new nips will be. Best to draw them out at consult, or right before surgery. Take a bottle cap and trace around it to see what size works for you. Once you find an acceptable size, bring it with you the morning of surgery and have him use it as a template. I do have sensation in my nipples. 50% more after the explant. I was hoping some would go away and it did. I still have more than before and very happy with that.
Surgery outcome is so particular to the person. Melmed did my surgery and I'm not happy with the appearance... yet. Just being patient. I was a 34C to 34A. Supposedly had a lift, but it doesn't look lifted - all the tissue is at the breast bottom. No scarring around areola, but the stitching around the top was too tight, and I have creasing- it's obvious when comparing it to the areolar bottom. I sent him photos and he said to do deep massage ... Sensation is good, which is most important !!! I know it's my health that's most important, but I want to look decent too.
You're right. There is no sure way to know the outcome 100%. To me it's like being pregnant. No way to know if your stomach will shrink back to normal until it does. Some stomachs go back, some don't. Some get stretch marks so bad that they lose the weight, yet have hanging skin. One thing is for sure, you don't see plastic surgeons (at least I've never heard of it) trying to do a tummy tuck after delivery. Maybe one reason is because we need our stomachs to shrink back so they can see what they are dealing with. Most of us want the "fixing" done at explant. A lot of us have had implants longer than 9 months. Your implants were in 25 years. Our implants thin out the natural tissue due to presser and gravity is supposed to do its thing over 25 years. Sorry, probably a bad example. There are many pros to doing a lift with the explant (not having to look at saggy boobs, one surgery cost less, less recovery time, etc.) , but waiting 6 months once they shrunk should be considered. It makes sense that most the tissue is at the bottom. Mine too. We no longer have an implant to fill the upper pole. Melmed does lifts, but not the invasive types we are all used to seeing. I'm talking about the vertical kind. Have you considered a vertical lift? I'm really sorry you are not thrilled with the outcome. I'm glad you don't have scarring around the areola and sensation is good. Smart idea to send him photos and get feedback. Thanks for posting images so folks can see your results as they try to decide if explant is right for them.
He did a very good job, I'm going to have surgery with him as well. I'm just waiting for my inssurance to approve the surgery. I have a very similar situation as you, I got mi implants in1999. Did you have another kind of health complication. I was just diagnose with Hashimotos and Dr Melmed said that it coul be bc of the implants. So I'm sooo looking forward to take them out. :)
You're in good hands. My insurance would not approve my explant. I've still on the fence about hiring an attorney, don't want to waste money. Would love to see your pictures. I didn't have another kind of health complication. One had ruptured and I was feeling a burning pain. Congratulations for making the decision to get them out. One thing is for sure, you are going to feel so much better.
You look better afterwards!!! Amazing.:)
Thank you! I feel so much better too!
Congrats on your fabulous result and thanks for sharing. I'm scheduled to explant my 20+ year old silicon implants on July 25 with Dr. Melmed. I am really excited, not nervous about having small breasts again - only nervous about surgery - so thanks for sharing about your good experience with the staff - makes me much less nervous. Kudos to you for going natural again!!
Thank you! How exciting to them out after 20 years. Lucky you to have Dr. Melmed explant. The hospital staff is amazing too. They called 3-4 times after my surgery to check in on me. Let them know you are scared. The gave me a valium 45 minutes before they put me to sleep. It really helped and they may do that with all his patients, but ask if they don't. Really helped.
Hi, i'd love to talk to you, I'm considering Dr Melmed, I live in another state s it's not close at all but I love your results and is a similar situation. Can we email each other? Thanks