Boobs After Explant - Dallas, TX

Positive experience. Medical City Hospital is...

Positive experience. Medical City Hospital is amazing, nurses were very kind to me. I need extra TLC being out of town without family there with me! Three weeks after explant the hospital has called 3 times to check on me. The en bloc and lift procedure lasted about 2 hours. A tad sore after. Looking forward to healing and getting back to normal.

Wanted to add a 4 week out image

4 week out side

10 weeks out!

Wanted to check in with more photos now that I'm 10 weeks out. I feel GREAT! I'm sleeping on my stomach again and had my first comfortable massage in 13 long years- pure heaven! Starting intense weight training program tomorrow. If you are considering explant, go for it! You'll feel better, look better, and won't be chained down to future surgeries- unless you want them. If you're worried about going under anesthesia, think about the scary alterative, leaving in something with potential dangers. 110% worth it. Melmed, it you're listening, THANK YOU sir!

More 10 weeks out

Still coming...

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I decided to go with breast explant expert Dr. Edward Melmed. Flew to Dallas, TX from Virginia. Stayed at a hotel for 4 days near the hospital. His bedside manner is genuine and rare. He performed an internal lift and a bellini lift. Ended up with more bob than I started with. Thrilled!

Thank you for sharing your story and posting your pictures. You really do look wonderful. What size bra are you were now? Do you have scars from the bellini lift? Thanks again.
I'm a little nervous about scarring in general. Just cause I think my body heals weird. I had a C-Section and that scar healed really dark and was ribbed a little :( that was even with me using Merderma like crazy. But I'm trying not to stress about it. My incision from my BA is in the armpit so I have never had to look at it.
TinyMe- What size were you pre breast implants?
I was a large A, small B.
Hi! You look so great! I had my consultation with Dr. Melmed yesterday it went great, he's so knowledgable. I'm not gonna lie I'm a little nervous on how my scars will heal around the areola. How are yours healing? Do you still have sensation in them? All the other docs I consulted with wanted to do in crease....and were of course like are you sure you don't want to replace.....ugggghhh NO THANKS. Anyway yours look great!
Glad to hear you are going with him. Scars take time to heal and fade. Mine were red and strange looking after the surgery. 3 months later my eyes are drawn to them when I look at my breast. I guess it’s important for us to let them heal and not judge them for a year. I know it’s harder said then done. I wanted the incisions in my crease too, decided to let Melmed work his magic they way he is most comfortable doing it. If you reduce the size like me, make sure you have a say in what size the new nips will be. Best to draw them out at consult, or right before surgery. Take a bottle cap and trace around it to see what size works for you. Once you find an acceptable size, bring it with you the morning of surgery and have him use it as a template. I do have sensation in my nipples. 50% more after the explant. I was hoping some would go away and it did. I still have more than before and very happy with that.
Surgery outcome is so particular to the person. Melmed did my surgery and I'm not happy with the appearance... yet. Just being patient. I was a 34C to 34A. Supposedly had a lift, but it doesn't look lifted - all the tissue is at the breast bottom. No scarring around areola, but the stitching around the top was too tight, and I have creasing- it's obvious when comparing it to the areolar bottom. I sent him photos and he said to do deep massage ... Sensation is good, which is most important !!! I know it's my health that's most important, but I want to look decent too.
You're right. There is no sure way to know the outcome 100%. To me it's like being pregnant. No way to know if your stomach will shrink back to normal until it does. Some stomachs go back, some don't. Some get stretch marks so bad that they lose the weight, yet have hanging skin. One thing is for sure, you don't see plastic surgeons (at least I've never heard of it) trying to do a tummy tuck after delivery. Maybe one reason is because we need our stomachs to shrink back so they can see what they are dealing with. Most of us want the "fixing" done at explant. A lot of us have had implants longer than 9 months. Your implants were in 25 years. Our implants thin out the natural tissue due to presser and gravity is supposed to do its thing over 25 years. Sorry, probably a bad example. There are many pros to doing a lift with the explant (not having to look at saggy boobs, one surgery cost less, less recovery time, etc.) , but waiting 6 months once they shrunk should be considered. It makes sense that most the tissue is at the bottom. Mine too. We no longer have an implant to fill the upper pole. Melmed does lifts, but not the invasive types we are all used to seeing. I'm talking about the vertical kind. Have you considered a vertical lift? I'm really sorry you are not thrilled with the outcome. I'm glad you don't have scarring around the areola and sensation is good. Smart idea to send him photos and get feedback. Thanks for posting images so folks can see your results as they try to decide if explant is right for them.
He did a very good job, I'm going to have surgery with him as well. I'm just waiting for my inssurance to approve the surgery. I have a very similar situation as you, I got mi implants in1999. Did you have another kind of health complication. I was just diagnose with Hashimotos and Dr Melmed said that it coul be bc of the implants. So I'm sooo looking forward to take them out. :)
You're in good hands. My insurance would not approve my explant. I've still on the fence about hiring an attorney, don't want to waste money. Would love to see your pictures. I didn't have another kind of health complication. One had ruptured and I was feeling a burning pain. Congratulations for making the decision to get them out. One thing is for sure, you are going to feel so much better.
You look better afterwards!!! Amazing.:)
Thank you! I feel so much better too!
Congrats on your fabulous result and thanks for sharing. I'm scheduled to explant my 20+ year old silicon implants on July 25 with Dr. Melmed. I am really excited, not nervous about having small breasts again - only nervous about surgery - so thanks for sharing about your good experience with the staff - makes me much less nervous. Kudos to you for going natural again!!
Thank you! How exciting to them out after 20 years. Lucky you to have Dr. Melmed explant. The hospital staff is amazing too. They called 3-4 times after my surgery to check in on me. Let them know you are scared. The gave me a valium 45 minutes before they put me to sleep. It really helped and they may do that with all his patients, but ask if they don't. Really helped.
Hi, i'd love to talk to you, I'm considering Dr Melmed, I live in another state s it's not close at all but I love your results and is a similar situation. Can we email each other? Thanks
Yes, I'd love to talk to you! Will send you an email.
You look fabulous!!! So glad you had such good results :) Funny how you're bigger than you were originally, but not huge as with the implants. Age adds some tissue....really, you look wonderful; hope you feel that way, too!
Thanks! It is awesome to have some tissue left. I'd be okay with even less now. I just really want them even and not facing south
You have achieved perfection!
wowo girl! your natural boobs are ten times as good looking as the fake ones, and much prettier even than when you began= how cool!!! enjoy your new beautiful body! xx
Thanks!. The weight gain I hated all these years helped me out in the end by giving me more breast tissue to work with.
Thanks for your post! Great results! Positive vibes for the explants following in your boob steps. :-)
Glad to be able to share and show images of real results to folks contemplating explant.
Great results congrats and thanks for sharing your story.
You're very welcome.