Had 420cc Saline Under Muscle for 8 Yrs. 45 YO. Grade 3 CC in One Side. Dr Did a Lift at Time of Implant Removal. - Dallas, TX

I just wanted to post my info to encourage anyone...

I just wanted to post my info to encourage anyone out there who feels, as I did, like they are in a hopeless situation. I knew I'd made a mistake getting implants but I couldn't seem to figure out how to make it right. I had a lot of fear that I would be mutilated if I tried to go back w/o implants. I almost felt like I deserved the problems I was having bc I made the decision to have plastic surgery in the first place. I prayed and really wanted God to guide me out of my situation. By the time I found Dr. Melmed, I was experiencing constant pain in my contracted breast, pain down both arms, numbness in two fingers, and several other things that seemed to be thyroid-related. I never really enjoyed having breast implants. I got them after my fourth child turned three, when I was feeling really bad about my appearance, from years of pregnancy and breast feeding. I started having symptoms of capsular contracture in one side immediately after surgery. Had a revision one year later, but it got worse. I talked to my plastic surgeon and my OB/GYN on multiple occasions about having my implants removed, but both of them told me I would look terrible and it wasn't an option. I finally found a wonderful surgeon who only removes implants. I had surgery just one week after I met with him. I just knew God was directing me to go for it and that I would be ok. At the time I am writing this, It's only been one week since my explant surgery, and I'm already so relieved and so much happier. I was a size 32 A before augmentation, a 32DD after, and it looks like I may be more like a 32 B now. My doctor said sometimes people do end up w more after explant than before they had augmentation. I had built this up into something so much more scary than it actually was. My husband has commented several times that I've smiled more this week after major surgery than in many months previous:) So, take heart! Pray! You can get rid of your implants. God will help you, even if the mess you're in was self-inflicted!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Melmed is very different from the other doctors I have known. I really loved his approach. He told me exactly what to expect, but he was so down to earth and kind. He also has a cute sense of humor, which really helped calm my and my husband's fears. I think if you are out of town, he might be worth the trip, just because he has so much experience w implant removal compared to the average plastic surgeon. He's had time to perfect this procedure and build a great team to help him.

Hello, sogladtobeyou, and thank you for your review. May I ask if the doctor did a benelli or lollipop lift? Might you provide pictures? you can click on my name and see my review, if you'd like. I get my implants (that are already drained) out next month, with a lift and fat transfer. My doctor says he will do a lollilop incision lift... but i wonder if i am not a candidate for the benelli....
My chest is a mess , lopsided it has been 4 months and I still don,t have all my energy , this is what I had to have done Both breast were ruptured I was never told . I had removal of extensive silicon granulomas extending to the lymphaatics and axxilla skin changes, Blood loss minimal I have areola disclored, no nipples. scar,s thick pulling. i still have free roaming silicon going through my body in tissues. and I will have it forever till most comes out. I,am still tired out and no breast just bumps I had to buy some foam inserts at a masectomany store. they are so heavy. well I have to close now I feel tired and so depressed over this horrible Dr. ThomasMcNemar MD Tracy, Ca. He did my sisters neck 2 years ago it is all saggy and numb for 3 years. hugs zzz
Hi sogladtobeme, Thank you for sharing your story with us :) what you've explained is exactly what I'm feeling. Regret that I ever got them in the first place, fear and worry of explanting them.. Etc. I also have cc on one of my breast. I finally took the plunge to schedule my appt for mid April to have then removed thanks to Realself! Your story is giving me hope and I'm not as scared about doing it anymore.. But still keeping an open mind on realistic expectations.. Quick question, did your ps remove your capsules too or just the implant? Thanks!
MissZ, Hi! Glad I was able to help a little. Dr. Melmed DID remove the capsules from both sides. He actually showed them to me along w my implants! He told me before the surgery that he thought he prob would have to remove the capsules, but he would make the final decision once in surgery. He told me afterwards that my scar capsule on the R was terrible and very thick, which actually made me feel better about having gone through the procedure. I hope everything goes great for you and that you heal beautifully:)
Hi! Thanks so much for replying back to me :) my ps is leaving them in, I read online some ps do and some don't.. I think she will make her final decision when it comes down to it. She said I had grade 3 on my right but it's still rather soft and that the implant was just sitting up high versus the other one.
Hi, soglad. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It takes real courage, and it helps so many of us. :) My surgery is scheduled for Mar. 28th with Dr. Melmed. I'm excited and positive and sometimes scared of the surgery and what I'll look like afterwards-- you know, the stuff we all think and feel. Anyway, how do you like the way you look? Are you pleased with the shape and the lift so far? I sort of don't care what size I am as long as the shape is nice. I'm a 34DD now (ugh!), and I think I was 34B on the full side before. I'd prefer to be no bigger than that, but whatever is fine as long as I'm not a D!
Hey CandS:) I'm not quite two weeks out, but I think I look better than I expected. I had kind of prepared myself for the possibility that I could be flat or maybe look worse than before augmentation. When he first took off the bandages at one day post op, the side that had the heavy scar capsule had a scary- looking spot near the base where it was kind of dented in. My husband and I were very worried. Dr. Melmed said he had seen it happen before, and it would usually correct on its own. But we still went home freaked out and got lots of people to pray for complete restoration. About 2-3 days later, I woke up and it was gone! So relieved!! Other than that one incident, I would say I'm really happy so far w my appearance:) I hope your experience is just as good!
Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that the dent went away. I have pretty severe cc on the left side breast and some on the right. My doctor said depending on what he sees when he gets in there, he'll decide whether to remove the capsules or not. I'm afraid I'll have quite a bit of scar tissue on the left that he'll have to remove & that I may be very lopsided or kind of deformed. I'm really nervous about what I'll look like afterwards only because of the CC problem. I don't care so much that I'll be flatter again – I just want these implants out! My surgery is on April 11. Thanks for sharing your story, it really helps those of us who are going on the same journey. Best of luck on your recovery. You're really looking great.
Thanks so much. :)))
Actually, I didn't post any photos. Wasn't sure, since I have 3 teens and one tween who might open my email:) sorry!
Oops! Sorry about that! I'm reading so many other profiles I confused you with another person! Your post-op surgery description sounded a lot like someone else's. ....As I walk away with a red face!…!!!!
i tried to put a picture up but this site is confusing to me. I don,t even know who I,am talking to. lol. Well mine are totally flat I had so much silicon in my natural breast tissues not much left . i could wear a training bra. I have been very depressed. see shrink. take meds. I hope your surgery goes great.
I know. I'm doing that a lot-- getting confused about the different posts/profiles, etc. No red face needed. :)
No prob:)
Please keep us updated after your surgery. I will be praying for you!
Thank you so much for your story. It was so inspiring to me because I feel the same way about doing this to myself. I've been really down about the whole thing and I'm trusting the Lord to guide me to the right doctor. He has never let me down and I believe this time he won't either - even though I brought this on myself many years ago when I was young and unwise. Thanks again and may God bless you!
Dear bigmistake82, God will DEFINITELY direct you! He will show you the right time and doctor. He will give you peace and confirming circumstances. And He loves you so much!
With tears running down my cheeks I know He will. God is still good always! I just have to lay this at His feet. Thank you!
bigmistake82, I was so worried that bc I had problems after my first two surgeries, I would have problems again. But what was different this time from the other times, was that I just kept giving it all to God, telling Him that at any point along the process, if it wasn't right, He could stop me and I would not fight for my way. But things just kept working out, down to getting the exact surgery date I needed. Then, the day before my surgery, we had an ice storm. All the roads were closed. So, once again, I gave it back to God. And the next morning, even though the temp never left 30, all the roads were clear! And because the weather had been bad, many surgeries were cancelled and there were few patients, so I had three nurses at my side all the way through! Take heart! He will take care of every detail for you too:)
Thank you for encouragement that I know in my heart came straight from my Heavenly Father. I pray that he will bless you for the words He sent through you!
dearbigmistake: I,am feeling better but have to watch out over doing it. i have all those scar,s under breast on sides and they pull I feel like my whole chest is toght and think oh my God don,t tell me I,am having a heart attack under the right arm he iI guess had to cut muscle and some lymph nodes it feels number. Did your big robe stitches and breast pull???? feel tight ??? This goofy Dr. said it was normal . I feel very depressed today, I wanted to walk but figured I better not. I just horrible when i see my breast makes me sick. i wish i could put a pictur up but I,am on Face book and I don,t want it to end up on there. Well I better close this is a horrible thing to go through. but I do that God I did,nrt have cancer, i just wish the pulling would stop. Plus I have gained wait from being inactive but I,am really doing more now. hope you have a good week Let me know how you are doing during the week. hugs zzzz
I still have my surgery ahead of me, so this is all new to me. Maybe you need to contact your doctor and have him check you out. What was the name of your dr?
Amen! :-)
Wow thank you for sharing your story. I removed mine in Monday, I'm only days post op. I can't wait to heal more so I sleep on my belly :)
Dear swgirl15, yes! I am just now getting comfortable sleeping on my side, and my surgery was 3/4/14. I asked my doctor if I had to sleep a certain way, and he said sleep however I'm comfortable. If it hurts, don't do it;) I hope your healing is quick and peaceful!