Had 420cc Saline Under Muscle for 8 Yrs. 45 YO. Grade 3 CC in One Side. Dr Did a Lift at Time of Implant Removal. - Dallas, TX

I just wanted to post my info to encourage anyone...

I just wanted to post my info to encourage anyone out there who feels, as I did, like they are in a hopeless situation. I knew I'd made a mistake getting implants but I couldn't seem to figure out how to make it right. I had a lot of fear that I would be mutilated if I tried to go back w/o implants. I almost felt like I deserved the problems I was having bc I made the decision to have plastic surgery in the first place. I prayed and really wanted God to guide me out of my situation. By the time I found Dr. Melmed, I was experiencing constant pain in my contracted breast, pain down both arms, numbness in two fingers, and several other things that seemed to be thyroid-related. I never really enjoyed having breast implants. I got them after my fourth child turned three, when I was feeling really bad about my appearance, from years of pregnancy and breast feeding. I started having symptoms of capsular contracture in one side immediately after surgery. Had a revision one year later, but it got worse. I talked to my plastic surgeon and my OB/GYN on multiple occasions about having my implants removed, but both of them told me I would look terrible and it wasn't an option. I finally found a wonderful surgeon who only removes implants. I had surgery just one week after I met with him. I just knew God was directing me to go for it and that I would be ok. At the time I am writing this, It's only been one week since my explant surgery, and I'm already so relieved and so much happier. I was a size 32 A before augmentation, a 32DD after, and it looks like I may be more like a 32 B now. My doctor said sometimes people do end up w more after explant than before they had augmentation. I had built this up into something so much more scary than it actually was. My husband has commented several times that I've smiled more this week after major surgery than in many months previous:) So, take heart! Pray! You can get rid of your implants. God will help you, even if the mess you're in was self-inflicted!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Melmed is very different from the other doctors I have known. I really loved his approach. He told me exactly what to expect, but he was so down to earth and kind. He also has a cute sense of humor, which really helped calm my and my husband's fears. I think if you are out of town, he might be worth the trip, just because he has so much experience w implant removal compared to the average plastic surgeon. He's had time to perfect this procedure and build a great team to help him.