Tops off my Weight-loss Journey - Dallas, TX

I am a 35 years old and had gastric bypass surgery...

I am a 35 years old and had gastric bypass surgery in December of 2008. After a weight loss of 115 pounds, I was left with a huge saggy tummy. My surgeon and I decided on an extended tummy tuck so that he could smooth out the flanks.

I can honestly say I did not have as much pain as I thought. I followed my surgeon's instructions to the letter, including picking up Bromelain & Arnica Montana from the health food store (they help with swelling & bruising). I stayed on top of my pain medication schedule which helped a lot too. I have also started vitamin E oil on the parts of my scar that are completely closed and I'm pleased with how it is looking at 10 days post op.

So far, I am very happy with my decision to have this done. Now I feel like my weight loss journey is complete.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

My husband and I have been very pleased with Dr. B and his staff. They were upfront about everything, answered all of my questions, and are very professional & friendly. I hope to be able to go back in a couple of years to have some other work done.

agg.... Oh my you look beautiful.... I am having some delimas right now with my procedure thinking of going to several different consultations!
You look great! Hope you are doing well.
Mine are doing fine. It feels like he got the skin pretty tight because now when I eat, I get full faster!!
mine look ok but if I run my hand over them they are slightly looser than the bottom abs. But unless you do that, no one would know.
hey we are belly twins! how is your upper abs. My dr said they may not be as tight since i had so much loose skin.
Im looking into different surgeons in the DFW area. I was wondering how much the surgery was including all fees? I saw your amount was listed but wasnt sure if this was just the surgeons fee....thanks! And by the way you look amazing.

What a difference! You look amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your tummy tuck journey with us here on RealSelf. You might want to check out Kimmers' Month by Month Tummy Tuck Diary to see what to expect in coming months!

Your results are fabulous. Congratulations on your new tummy!
I feel like things for me have hone extremely well. My incision goes from side to side, not all the way around. Right after surgery I was most comfortable laying with pillows to prop my knees & keep them bent, and pillows behind my back to keep me propped up. I also am still propping with one pillow and have continually used one across my incision line because it is still tender with the swelling. I will be 3 weeks post op Thurs and am getting around well, but I still do tire easily. I hope my surgeon will say it's ok to go back to my spin class. My advice is to make sure you have someone to help you get up & down in bed, stay on top of your pain meds, & just take it easy. That has been very hard and I'm sure is hard for all the women!
Wow you look terrific!! I bet you feel like a whole new person. Congrats on all that weight loss too. Is your TT all the way around? I'm also having an extended one. Was it difficult to get comfortable w/the incision all the way around? My surgery is 4 weeks away and I'd love to hear how it went for you.
Looking great. Love the curves!
Congrats on the weight loss and the Tummy Tuck. It is such an awesome feeling to get rid of that flap of skin. Wish you the best on your recovery journey
Way to go! Congratulations on you well deserved new tummy!