One Week Until my Big Day!--Dallas

I haven't had my surgery yet. I'm...

I haven't had my surgery yet. I'm scheduled for June 1st for a tummy tuck, breast lift, and lipo of my hips. I am nervous but excited too. I don't expect to look like Halle Berry when it's all said and done but like me only a bit better. I currently weigh 155lbs. I have been as high as 225 and as low as 118 in my adult life and have had and breast fed 3 children. That's a lot of tugging on my poor skin!!

I'm mostly concerned about how much I will swell. I'm supposed to go on a Vacation/Family Reunion 8 weeks after surgery. I will be meeting members of my husband of two years family for the first time then. I would rather not look like the Good Year Blimp for that meeting:)

I am also concerned about taking care of my family. I am a stay at home mom with three children of my own and four step children. Yes.... That makes 7 kids from ages 15 to 7!!! My husband is wonderful and they are all good kids but.... What is my house going to look like by the time I'm actually able to be back to my normal routine?? I'm a care taker and not very good at letting others take care of me. So I figure this is a learning experience too. My step children should be going on vacation with their mom and my kids will be going to camp two weeks after my surgery so that should help some. Any advice on keeping up with your household during recovery would be welcome. Thanks!

Paul Pin

He is very well educated and I feel very comfortable with him. He doesn't seem to have a big doctor's ego. He is very up front with me and has said what he can and can't do in a very professional manner.

Hey, we have the same dr!!! My surgery is scheduled for feb 14th. We need to stay in touch. Did you go to Baylor, or Doctors. How are the kids doing? Are they helping in your recovery?
i don't know if i missed it or the info isn't there...did you have a tummy tuck and a breast lift? dallas is the closest area to me so i've picked your post to get info. does the $ that you listed include the hospitalization and the anesthesia as well? anxious to hear about pricing and procedure as well as how things progress. thanks!
Hi Wannhave! Yes! I had an extended tummy tuck, Lipo to the hips and a breast lift. And that cost included everything except some lab work, a mammogram, and perscriptions:) With the exception of the fat necrosis I really feel wonderful about everything! From what I understand the fat necrosis is really rare! My boobs look like the statues I've seen Paris:) I'm some swollen at this point so can't comfortably get in my pants (been wearing knit summer dresses, love them in the Texas heat) but I know that will go away with time and I will probably need smaller pants before it's all said and done. I don't think you'd be sorry if you went to Dr. P! Best wishes!
what's fat necrosis? yay for the Parisian boobs! did you have to stay overnight? is there somewhere that does the financing that you can recommend? will you be doing some before and after pics?
Hi! Fat Necrosis is a complication. I'm still learning about it and will know more after I see Dr. P on the 21st. Right now from what I understand it will resolve itself but may take some time. Like up to a year:( But it is very rare:) I did stay overnight! I would NOT recommend anyone have a mommy makeover and go home the same day! You need the night in the hospital!!! Sorry I don't think I really have the guts to post pics. Good luck to you!

Wondering how you're doing on Day 9 post op???

Thank you so much for asking!! Yesterday was a big turning point. I have much more energy, feel like I walk mostly straight and the swelling and tightness seem much improved. One set back... I have fat necrosis all along my incision right at the top of my pubic area:( I'm really concerned about it. I have never even taken one puff on a cigarette but I guess I'm a rare one. I still have lots of questions about the situation. I couldn't really form the questions yesterday at the PS but will see him again on the 21st. He indicated that they would go away on their own. What I've been reading is also sort of vague. Right now I'm just trying to relax and be patient and pray. It bothers me to think of something dead inside me. It also hurts and I think it has a noticeable impact on the results of my surgery which are otherwise I think very good:) Please excuse me for not sharing pictures. I may get the courage sometime but really just don't have the guts to do that right now.
Make sure you post pics!
Well, I don't know how to up-date or edit this so I guess I will just do it this way. The surgery went very well! I love love love my doctor!!! I absolutley would not do this as an out patient procedure!!! The night in the hospital was a must! I was very sick and very unable to care for myself and needed the professionals to help me. But now I've been home one night and feel pretty good. I've had two surgeries before and 3 vaginal births this tops them all for pain and discomfort! Pain medication on time is a must! But I can tell already I'm going to be so pleased! My breast are wonderful!!! I can't wait to heal more and try on clothes. I also can't wait for the drains to come out. They are very bothersome, gross, and they hurt! If you are considering to this... Go for it! I can already tell it's going to be so worth it:)
Sorry about the difficulty updating. We're having some issues after rehauling the site. We'll get it fixed though. In the meantime, commenting is a great way to keep us posted! If you'd like to post any photos, send me an instant message and I'll tell you how to do it.
Today was the big day! Let us know how your recovery is going.
Thanks Ya'll! My husband mentioned getting the cleaning lady back for a few weeks too. (We let her go to save a few bucks). So I think we will do that. I like the idea of using paper products only and convience foods. I have a few things cooked and ready in the freezer so... The laundry is the only thing I still don't know what to do about. I've thought I'd let the older girls handle it??? We'll see. It's my own fault for doing so much for them and not teaching them to do for themselves!! I try to go into my review and include my doctor's name for you Miz Liberty:)
Thank you! Great ideas here as well to help others as well as myself plan accordingly. :)
I'm in the same boat. Except I have two young kids but I won't have much help. My sister is taking the kids for a week. I plan on buying lots of frozen meals so I don't have to cook. :)As for the cleaning, I'm buying lots of paper products so there's no dishes to wash. Other than that, the house will have to go a few weeks with little cleaning.
I am also from the Dallas area and have plans of getting a "Mommy Makeover", I am VERY eager to hear how you do in your recovery and if you recommend your doctor! Keep us posted on your recovery and take lots of pics! Good luck and I am SO wishing I was you! :D You'll do fine!
Okay I don't know how to update this thing so... My doctor is {edited}. I really like him. Good luck with your search. I sorta decided that in a city like Dallas most board certified doctors would be very good so it came down to who I felt comfortable with and I do with Dr. P.
Edited by Sharon: We've updated your review with your doctor's info. Thanks!
Can you hire a housekeeper to come in once a week for the first few weeks? I hope all goes well for you and that your recovery is smooth sailing. Please keep us updated, and post photos if you feel comfortable doing it.
Also, if you're interested, I have a package of goodies for anyone who'll send a pre-op and post-op video diary of themselves talking about their procedure. I have Mederma, Silicone ScarAway Sheets, Montagne Jeunesse facial masks and Colgate Wisps. Personal Message me if that sounds like something you might like to do.