Soo Worth It! - Dallas, TX

It has been one year this week (March 8) since I...

It has been one year this week (March 8) since I had my Lifestyle Lift & I still cannot believe what a difference it has made! I had gastric bypass surgery 8 years ago and was left with a lot of loose skin under my chin & wrinkles from losing so much weight. The procedure was done in the Dallas office & I was back to work the following Monday. People always comment on how much younger I look now, and I am amazed that even without makeup, my face looks & feels years younger than it did. Everyone I dealt with at Lifestyle Life in Dallas was great, from the desk staff, to the nurses and my doctor, John Standefer was just OUTSTANDING & so supportive both when explaining the procedure when I first decided to do it, as well as afterwards & in follow-up. The first two 'after' pics were taken 30 days post-procedure. The 'after' photo facing front was taken exactly 1 year after the procedure. The pain the first few days post-procedure was more than I thought it would be since the procedure itself took so little time, but was totally manageable with just over-the-counter pain medicine, and SO worth it!

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I've read the reviews, and yes I read them before my procedure. But I knew people who had it done, and they said the pain was more than they led to believe, but even though I had more for the first 3-4 days than I thought, I still have had more acute and longer lasting pain from accidents around the house, and after the first week I was feeling better and looking WAYYY better! SO WORTH IT.

You look great. Me and a friend are planning to do this in teh summer. A friend did this is in Dallas with great results. We are using her dr.
I, too, was a bit hesitant after reading some of the reviews but I heard great things about the Dallas office and Dr. S. Luckily, I live in the Dallas area. The staff has been wonderful so far! I'm scheduled for my surgery at the end of December and now, instead of being hesitant, I'm look forward to it!

Did you do your Lifestyle lift and are you pleased? I am reading so many negative reviews it has scared me away.

Yes, it has been another years almost since I posted this and actually, I am happier than ever! People keep telling me I look younger as time goes on rather than older. As with any surgery, some days I feel some tightness (but not uncomfortable or pain at all) around where the surgery was, but when I am diligent about moisturizing I never notice it. I am 59 years old now, had this done 2 years ago, and if you look on my Facebook you can see more recent pics. I also agree with my friends that I look younger as time goes on!

Cleburne TX

You look fabulous!!! Did you not have the blepharoplasty procedure, too? I was told Dr. S. has done more of those than the other MD's, so I'm seeing if I can switch from Dr. H to Dr. S., since I've included that with the LL and the full-laser. If I can look as good as you, I'll cancel the under-eye surgery! Did you come from out of the city? I live a five-hour distance. Thank you for your reply!
Yes I did. I had not originallly planned on it, just the chin and throat but I am SOOOO glad I did the eyes too. It makes such a difference and worth every dime and discomfort!
I live 70 miles away from Dallas. i got a hotel the night before and stayed in it the night after just in case of complications.
Thank you for your responses. Your comments (and pictures) have allowed me to be even more resolute with my plans. You glow on the outside, but it also seems to be a manifestation of your inward attitudes. Most appreciative of your sharing.
Thank you! Most of the 'after' photos above were shortly after the procedure. A year later, and I still can't believe what a difference it's made!

Congrats on your results! Your photos look great.