Lower Face Lift and Upper/Lower Eyes - Dallas, TX

I had jowles, my neck was sagging, eye lids...

I had jowles, my neck was sagging, eye lids dropping over my eyes and bags underneath my lower lids. I was looking years older than 49. It has given my self-confidence back and I feel more attractive and accepted.

Notforme, what did you have done? What complications have you had since you had your surgery? Do you look better than you did?
If you're going to Jay Burns, be very careful and ask for details. Ask direct questions and don't let the answer be general, get a complete answer, if he dances around it, ask it again. After asking him a direct question about the hairline, he did not give me a complete and honest answer. I do not have sideburns and my hairline is receded, dead give-away. If you're wise, you'll get several opinions and ask questions such as: Will my hairline change at all- When will I look normal enough that no one will notice that I've had surgery (I'm 14 months out and I'm just now looking more normal)- What are the risks for retraction with lower bleph (the risks are high, just ask an oculoplastic surgeon)(I've been told my eyes will never be the same)- Will I look the same as before the surgery but without the sags and wrinkles- What are any possible complications- What can I expect as far as a successful outcome?
I had my neck done (which I loved) my lower eyes (lids) and jowel and I used and having been using botox for my forehead. I also had my upper lids done and I think it cost me around $17,000. I am going back to have a brow lift this Summer and some touch-up to my lower lids.

I have posted before and after pictures of my...

I have posted before and after pictures of my surgery and it has been 19months. I am seeing Dr. Burns in the near future for some lasering and possible a brow lift. I have been using botox on my forehead but have spoken to Dr. Burns about a brow lift when I come in to do some corrective surgery on my eyes. I have somewhat of an indention and fat pockets underneath my eyes which developed about 8months after my surgery or that is when they became very noticeable. I spoke with Dr. Burns at that time and he assured me he will correct this. I am not sure if we will do this through removing some fat and or fat injections but we need to fill in some areas underneath the eye at the time of my other surgery. The face is the first thing people connect with so I think making sure my eye area is as perfect as we can get it is extremely important and I am waiting to hear from Dr. Burns office to workout a few details. Dr. Burns is not going to charge me for the work that will need to be done pertaining to the surgery that he has already performed. I will update as the process continues and look forward to what Dr. Burns has to say and making plans to correct my eyes. Dr. Burns has been very kind to me and I trust him to take care of these concerns and look forward to hearing what approach he wants to take. I would apprecaite any feedback or opinions/comments that you may have.
Fantastic result.
Your photos look great! I live in the East. Are there any good docs here that anyone knows of to do a facelift?
Has anyone had a facelift with Dr. Neil Gordon in Connecticut or with Dr. Jonathan Pontell in Pennsylvania? I have heard that Dr. Gordon can be very full of himself but is an excellent surgeon. Dr. Pontell has a good reputation as per comments posted but I can't tell if it is his own staff that posted the comments. I need to get a facelift due to some bad lipo work done by another surgeon who was new at it. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi Forlorn -- Here are a few reviews for Dr. Pontell. You can read recommendations for other doctors here (sorted by those closest to you). Hope this helps!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. is wonderful and after consulting with many area plastic surgeons, I was most comfortable and confident not only with his years of experience but my instant connection with him on a human level. He was straight forward on results that I could expect and very reassuring before, during and after my surgery.