Lift and Enlargement 8/26 HAPPY!

Thank you to all the docs who responded. I have my...

Thank you to all the docs who responded. I have my consult tomorrow. Nervous. At least I feel I'm educated and will ask the right questions.

Had my consult today. LOVE the doctor and his...

Had my consult today. LOVE the doctor and his staff! Surgery scheduled for THIS FRIDAY! That is how sure I am!

I am getting a lift and augmentation at the same time. My left breast really needs the lift to achieve the look I want. So, I've opted to get both done.

After playing around with sizes, I'm going with Silicone, prob 450's. I am 5'9" and weigh 163 right now. I don't think they will be too big for my frame, but they will give me the look I desire. Just not looking forward to the scars. Which, since I'm fair and do heal nicely from surgeries in the past, plus the doctors technique, I should not notice them in a few months. (Saw his assistants boobs/lift/aug and they were beautiful and did not notice the scars at all on her! -a year out)

It'a almost been a week and things are progressing...

It'a almost been a week and things are progressing slowly. Well, at least for me I think they are. I am very active, always doing something and am a runner. Having to do nothing is hard for me but I am forcing myself to stay on the couch.

Here is the lastest: I've had trouble with my bowels. Had to get a stool softener to help me go. Feel a little better since I've accomplished that task but am not back to normal by any means.
Don't have an appetite at all but am forcing myself to eat some fruit, veggies and pieces of chicken.
I am exhausted! I am not sleeping too well. I attribute that to being a tummy/side sleeper and that is out for now. So, I've built a pillow barricade.
I am not in pain per say, just discomfort. It's easier to take a muscle relaxer which knocks me out and apply cool compresses to my breasts. One thing I have discovered, since I have the 'lollipop' scars, I purchased the breast feeding pads and am using them instead of the gauze pads. The breast feeding pads offer more padding, do not stick are are a heck of a lot cheaper than the gauze 4 X 4's.
My scars look like they are healing nicely. I can't really tell around my nipples because they are taped so well.
My breast are itching. It feels good to gently rub my hands over my new breast (not scratching them!) just gently rub them. The itching doesn't last long at all, but lets me know they are healing.
A great concern I have is I have not nipple sensitivity at all! My nipples are still very swollen, bright pink and still resemble marbles. I had extremely sensitive nipples before and and very concerned that sensation will not return. I've tried to tell myself it's only been a few days and with all the swelling, plus everything I've read, it should return. If anyone else experienced this is something similar and can offer any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Off to rest, yet again!
Thanks,
Kim

Doing better than fantastic. Only regret...wish...

Doing better than fantastic. Only regret...wish I'd gone bigger! I'm loving these boobies! Oh, one other regret, wish I'd done this years ago!

Down to the grind:
Doing my exercises. Breasts are softening up very nicely. Steri strips are starting to peel off. Not enough for me to apply tape myself yet though.
Every once and a while I get a slight burning sensation around my aerolas but attribute that to the incisions healing. Nothing that makes me worry or wonder and was told it's normal anyway as part of the healing process.

I'm wearing regular supportive bras during the day and the bra the doctor put me in for night. I was instructed to wear a bra 24/7 for the first 6 months. My right nipple is super sensitive and the feeling is starting to return to the left. I had more work done as far as the lift is concerned to my left side so that doesn't surprise me. Both nipples have been errect since surgery.

I'm riding a stationary bike for now as I am not allowed to run. Exercise feels great. But then again, I feel fabulous!
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Raphael and staff are wonderful! I was very comfortable with everyone. Dr. Raphael really listened to me. He put me at ease and answered ALL my questions completely with explainations in terms I could understand, not all that stuffy medicial talk. Wait time was minimal too. I would highly recommend Dr Raphael! Do far, my experience has exceeded my expectations. Up dates will follow in the coming days.

Awesome results. Sounds like you are healing nicely. I am getting surgery in two days. How many cc's and profile did you get? Do you go with silicone or saline? I am going with silicone but waiting on my pre-op to discuss profile and size~ Happy Healing!
You look amazing! How are you doing now? I would love more Picts! Congrats!!!
Hi AlysaRose. I am thrilled with my results! My only regret is I wish I'd done this for myself years ago!
The lift, and the GEL implants set me back 8K (Dallas, Texas). Well worth it! I have not had any problems and have recovered well. I'm still putting the scarring gel on the scars and they are fading. I even ran a marathon in November! YAY me!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.
I wish you the best of luck!
Kim
Your results are fab! I'mafraid I may need a lift too:(. How much more did it cost to have a lift done also?
You will need to consult with your doctor as to what type of bra he/she wants/doesn't want you in. Prime example, my doctor put me in one. When my daughter got her implants a few months ago, she was told to wear nothing for the first few weeks and then transition to a sports bra. I suppose it depends on what proceedure you have done and the preference of your doctor.
Hope that helps.
thank you for the response.appreciate it so much.im so glad that ur doing great.nway what brand of bra should i buy after my surgery?thank u.ill let u know about my surgery.so happy for u :)
I am loving my boobies more and more with each passing day. As of today, (one week, one day) my right one has settled more than my left. I attribute that to being right handed and therefore doing more with that arm.
As far as what I experienced, I never felt the 'elephant on the chest'. I was uncomfortable. However, I did not ever really experience pain. Sleeping was difficult but that is what I took the pain meds for. I also had no appetite! The last thing I wanted to do was eat. As a result, I had no energy and that is what bothered me more than anything. I went into surgery running 4 miles everyday to feeling like a slug! (And can't run for a few more weeks either! UGH!) Called my doctor and he suggested I drink Ensure. HUGE difference! I am actually eating a little bit and have so much strength and energy again.
The bra they fit me in killed me! The elastic was irritating me. So, I purchased a nice comfortable bra that I'm wearing and it has made a difference too. Since I had a lift as well as an aug I have lollipop scars. Instead of using the 4 X 4 gauze pads, I purchased a box of nursing pads. Heck of a lot cheaper, better coverage and they are not sticking to the surgical tape covering me!
As far as getting out and about, I couldn't sit on the couch any longer. Last night I went to see Sheryl Crow/Kid Rock concert. I had the best time! Thought it would really kick my hiney getting out, but it didn't! We danced like there was no tomorrow. Even went out to a late dinner afterward! I put those new boobies in a nice shirt and felt like a million bucks! Going out did not bother me at all. The only thing I am experiencing now is minor itching.
I have my follow up appointment on Wednesday. However, I am returning to work (I'm a flight attendant) on Tuesday. I am only working two simple flights. I figured it would get me back into the swing of things slowly. I am not anticipating having any problems and am looking forward my return.
As far as my boobs are concerned, I think they are healing nicely. The feeling is coming back in my right nipple, YEAH! My left is starting to tingle too. Double YEAH! In wearing my bra I purchased, I've got a little bit of room in my right breast area to the left of my nipple. I am not concerned as I think it is the way my breasts are starting to settle.
Overall, I'm doing GREAT! I feel fantastic! I think taking a week off of work will be fine. My advice is don't do anything for the first few days. Build a barricade of pillows, take your pain meds to rest and EAT!
I wish you the best of luck! Let me kow how you do.
Kim
you look great on your new boobies :) im having surgery on thursday and im a little bit concern because im planning to go to work 7days after surgery.do you think i should get more days or thats enough?hows your experience?any advice to also ease the pain after surgery?thank you u so much.hope to hear from u soon.
Mentor Smooth Round High Profile Gel 500's
Monday morning, 3rd day post op. I'm doing great. Minor discomfort, if you could even call it that. Have built a baracade with pillows so I sleep elevated and won't roll on my sides. It actually works and am comfortable. My chest is very firm. My breasts are very full and sit up high. I was told that is normal and they would settle down. Which, I can't wait to happen because they don't resemble boobies at this point...just a large swollen chest! LOL! I can't really comment on the stitches because I'm taped so well over the lollipop scars. My doctor firmly believes in keeping the tape tight and covering the sutures to minimize scaring. My nipples are also swollen and bright pink and do not have sensation yet. One of my main fears, other than scaring, was I didn't want to loose the sensation of my nipples. I am hoping that as the swelling calms down, that will return.
I will keep posting my progress. I will also be happy to answer any questions regarding my experiences.

Thanks,
Kim
UPDATE:
Had my surgery Friday morning. It started roughly before 8:00 am and was the car heading home by 11:11 am!
I desired a lift as my breast were moderatly sagging (namly the left one) and an augmentation for enlargement.
Everything went great. I have hardly experienced any pain. It feel more of a slight burning sensation around my nipple area where my incisions are. (I have the lollipop scars.
My doctor gave me 500 cc silicone under the muscle implants. I'm very happy with what I can tell so far.
After the wrap was removed this morning, I was a little surprised, but in a good way. I'm taped quite a bit over the stitches which include a bunch around my nipples and leaving them exposed. My nipples are errect, bright and shiney pink. They resemble pink smooth marbles. Nurse assured me that was due to all the trama of the surgery and swelling. I do not have any sensation in my nipples and was told that will return as the swelling goes down. So, I'm doing nothing, and have started placing cold compresses on my chest. The coolness feels great.
I am not experiencing the 'elephant sitting on my chest' syndrom. But then again, I had a lot of extra breast tissue and do have a large frame. 5'9" and 161 at the time of surgery.

So far, so good!
Hope all went well for you and I wish you a speedy, uneventful recovery... :)
OMG! 'D' day tomorrow morning. I'm so excited but nervous. I hope I sleep tonight.

Good luck tomorrow! I hope your surgery goes well. :)