19 Years Later...they Are Gone...so Happy! - Cupertino, CA

Hi, I am 56 years old and have had 400 cc saline...

Hi, I am 56 years old and have had 400 cc saline implants for 19 years. From day one they were bigger than what I had asked for. The PS decided to go bigger while I was under. He said it fit my frame better than what I thought I wanted.....

On Dec. 12 th I had them removed. I have absolutely NO regrets even if the fluff fairy never shows up! I love being natural again...I love being me again flaws and all.

The recovery was easy for me...very little pain...stopped pain meds the second day.. I wore the ace bandage for 2 days then after the first shower I wore sports bras......I had the follow up visit a week later a and all was healing well. Very deflated looking but I feel so much better and lighter.
I found this site about a week before my surgery and I want to say thank you Ladies! you all are awesome!

And get this....my boyfriend of 5 years tells me all the time how he loves me so much more without the fake boobs! He's awesome too!

It's been almost 3 months since the explant not...

It's been almost 3 months since the explant not much change in appearance. Just less swelling and when I first had them removed it felt like there was a shell or something on the bottom....now it feels all natural to me. The fluff fairy may never show up and I'm ok with that. I like being all me again.
Dr.Oscar Ho

I didn't choose him ...it's just who I saw when I had requested a referral from my obgyn. I just wanted the explant with no further procedures . I told him what I wanted and he explained what would happen and it was done the next week....

Can they remove them with a local if they need the capsule removed as well?
I didn't have the capsule removed so I don't know. I had the implants removed under a general...slept through it all ;)
Well they look great and i can hardly wait to get mine removed :)
You do look great! I see a lot of change after 3 months! I have a ring from Hawaii that is very similar to your necklace- did you get yours there as well?
Thank you....no, I got it 20 years ago at the Santa Cruz flea market ;)
Looking good! X
You look great! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you!
Good for you and you look great! Thanks for sharing your experience!
Thanks for sharing your story...it is so helpful to women looking for honest information on what to expect after explant.
This site made my decision to explant so much easier knowing other women were having the same thoughts and doubts that had gone through my head. Being free of the implants is such a relief!
This site is the only real understanding I have had!
Do you have any current pics? I have 400 silicone overs and am having surgery in less than a week if I can keep the nerve
I'll post some in the morning......I think that once one gets it in her head that she wants them gone.....there is no turning back....just going forward and being free of the implants and enjoying life without them
Oh one more thing, did you have overs or unders and did you have capsules removed if you had any?
Congratulations to you!!!! I can't wait until I am free, just a couple more weeks and it will be over. Thank you for sharing your story and showing how easy it will be to love ourselves all natural.
Thank you! Being all natural is so much better! Hope all goes well with yours!
Congrats on your explant and being natural again!!! Your pic looks great even at 4 days x
Hi, Being natural again is the most freeing feeling. Holding and hugging my love ones without implants inbetween is awesome!. Natural boobs sag and droop even if you didn't have implants before. Don't waste energy on worrying about how unperfect they might look.....They are perfect in their imperfection!
I love hearing that you are fine with your imperfect breasts. I too am 56 and will be having my 28 year old silicone implants removed on April 12th. I have been on the fence about doing a lift or not. I'm saggy with implants so I know it will get worse but I really don't want additional surgery as I'm having the capsules removed which makes the removal more invasive. My husband says he could care less how my breasts will look. He is awesome and is 100% supportive of whatever I decide. I have wanted the implants out for longer than I can remember. I have had many health issues the past 20 years and just finding out that the implants are no doubt involved. My PS is a firm believer in this although most of the medical field will not admit it. She is very experienced in removal so I know I'm in good hands. They have been a burden for so many years and I can't wait to be implant free!
Your husband sounds like my partner....trust me ..they really don't care how they look..LOL! We are not our boobs! I feel so much lighter and just all around better without them and you will too!
You are so right that we are not our boobs....I really do prefer the natural look anyway. I can't wait to get this weight off my chest :-)

Yay for being natural again! Thank you for paying it forward and sharing your experience. Glad you're happy.