58 Yrs Old - London, Ontario

Saw my wrinkled face in the van mirror in the...

saw my wrinkled face in the van mirror in the bright sunlight with my winter toque on by did I look old . the out come is still undecided as im not happy with the neck lift saggying on one side/ the surgery was 8 hrs . I didn't feel any thing . when I was sent home one hour after recovery , I want feeling any pain , I thought the tightness was from the bandage it wasn't it was from the neck lift, I read most of after care on the internet before I got this done , glad I did ,. slept on couple high pillows. I wished I would have pulled myself up without using neck muscles maybe that should hve been explained . also a stool softner is a MUST so you don't strain your face >I don't know why doctors don't tell you this> I didn't take pain pills more than 3 days as they constipate you. I used ice more than the 2 days I was told too > I had to I took the burning feeling away .I slept on the recliner for 2 weeks that way my head was elevated and its power so I didn't strain getting up and down. my face never dried out at all . I used shampoo and conditioner with macadaim oil and lightly massaged . cleaned insisions with peroxide then applied polysporin and worn my compression bandage day and night , had protein drink every morning with pineapple juice mixed in > 3000 mg vitC and arnica Montana under the tonge. haven't done anything strenuous to pull my face or neck out /

make up day

had to try out new makeup / shows my wrinkles more though . but made me feel better . cant wait to dye my hair !!!!!

Face lift/ neck

My face lift is a mid / lower lift I asked my dr , he tightened the muscle and did that neck lift where it looks like a corset then stitched under chin and at back in my hair line , also behind ears / in front and up in my temples, he did this cut up and back further because my hair is so thin he didn't want the scars to show , the big ones behind my head are barely noticeable and front of ears no sign at all and behind my ears I can only see one side barely , the only ones that are red and a bit with scab are up near temple , the under chin I keep forgetting to look at it , that is completely nice and white , it has been right from the start

Facelift information

Just some more info on the face and neck lift

Face/ necklift

My neck is a little loose on one side , the dr said he will do a revision , I will be bruised as he needs to cut around the ears and behind again , and I'll need to wait so maybe in the fall that will be 10 mths from my first surgery

Revision

Well ,I'm getting a revision aug10- 2014 ,can't stand that bump under my neck , dr said he was worried about my scars because my skins tight already , but I would like it all pulled a bit more snug , don't like the jowel area either , also getting a tummy tuck ,same day !! Ouch
Dr Brian Evans

He s a great dr , I trust him , he said he would do a revision ( no cost ) only for anesthesia , but I need to wait ,that's ok !

Hi Maria, just found your facelift. I am glad you are still posting, and please share your revision with us too! I just posted a 1 Year PO updated on my facelift. Like you, I did my face before my TT, because I couldn't hide my face lol! Not long after the FL, I couldn't wait for my TT too. I didn't get my eyes done though, as so far, botox keeps me happy with eyes, but my costs for 10 years of botox would have paid to get them fixed already, on the other hand, it really works. Keep Smiling!! I'll be watching for your revision and continued healing of your TT.
Hard to say, it really doesnt tighten so much as the fluid disapates and everything kinds of smooths out. its a lot of trauma to the whole system of your face, so you have to give it time, you can swell one side or the other, lumps and bumps, lines, creases all kinds of funny stuff depending on how you sleep and what you do. As I said before, BEFORE surgery I had some great looking days and some not so much, same after surgery but I look at least 10 years younger, so that is good:)
Yes I know only time will tell , I still sleep on my back as my face hurts when I try the side and I'm waiting until the muscles completely attach too
Looking good Roxy! Your eyes look great and some of the jowls are swelling going DOWN-that's what the fluid does, it goes lower then disapates! Much more sparkle than before I'd say:)
Thank you soooo much !! After the fluid dissipates do the jowls kind of tighten on there own
I asked my doctor about a brow lift before he did my blepharoplasty. He said absolutely not because of my eye brows already being high. I'm glad they tell us stuff like that. I definitely don't want to walk around looking surprised!
I asked my dr and he told me the same thing that I'd look to wide awake , but I've heard of tail end brow lift and that sounds good to me I didn't ask him about that
Hi Roxy, I see lots of improvement and the funny thing is with the lifts, Some days look great, others not so good. But I had days like that before the lift too;)-not like in our 20's and 30's, you could party till 3am -look great at noon;) Ok, one thing though. I had to wait nearly a year to have that revision of sorts. You have to let things heal for a good while before they go in again, nerves, veins, lymph systems need to heal before you traumatized them again. Often at least 6months. I would wear my neck band (support) whenever you can, get some arnica gel and tablets to help with the swelling. The laxity you are seeing grey well maybe fluid just pooling there until it disapates. The neck band compression will help support getting the fluid out and the arnica will help with the swelling too. You are not going to see final result for at least 4-6 months! Be patient, you are looking pretty good for how soon that surgury was done.
Thx , I'm hoping it's just fluid too and I still take arnica Montana and Vit. C and where that compression garment , it feels good when I have it on, today is the first time I put makeup on , I couldn't feel it going on my eye lashes
There is a review in the mini lift section under the name Patricia Crowns and she had laxity in her neck after surgery . It was a simple fix that was done in the office under local so you may want to read her story and perhaps make contact with her...grace60
Hi Grace, what did the dr do in the office for the laxity
Thx
I really don't know other than what I read in her post under her name. I did not ask a lot of questions about this as I don't have her problem. I have not yet had my face lift. But I believe the Dr went in thru the under chin incision and did some further tightening and he did it under a local anesthetic so it was done in his office. I suggest you read her review and use the Private Message to ask her any questions you have. That is an easier option to communicate one on one with her. She may have some advice for you...grace
Thx , she told me how her dr did her neck I'll mention this on Friday to my dr
Another thing to remember is we look soooo much better than we did prior to the lifts! You can always find a fault, weird looking swelling, something saggy that isnt perfect, but as older ladies we are not going to look like we are 40 in every picture, from every angle. Maybe some we will, but not all and not all days;) Look for good views, good days and improvements. Even 30 somethings can look older from certain angles in certain lights. I can still get a fairly ugly neck shot if I work at it, but I choose to keep my chin up and enjoy the smoke and mirrors of my lift. It is not a restoration of youth, but the appearance of restoration of youth;)
I know I told myself the same thing at least my face looks better than what it did , I just need. Good hair dye and I haven't put any makeup on yet , my dr opp changed till Feb 7 ,so I'll see what he can do ,I'm hoping it's just swelling , if I keep my head up or maybe only talk to taller people they won't notice Ha Ha !!
Seriously, color your hair, put on some makeup and I think you will see how fabulous you are looking:)-again we are not spring chickens but we can still rock it like Madonna ;)
When do you think it's safe to dye hair , I still have some red scab on the incisions near my temple , but my hair is just gross right now with grey !
I use a non permanent dye myself, no peroxide ,but call your doctor, ask, it said on my post surgical instructions, I do not think it was too long, a couple of weeks maybe
Thx ,I'm going to check at shoppers drug mart , if they don't have it , a beauty store should have
I can definitely see the improvements, but I do see what you're talking about with your neck as well. I'm glad you're in touch with your surgeon. Let us know if things resolve on their own or if you think you're going to get a touch up. Did you do this with general anesthesia or twilight?
Anesthesia, completely out
Roxy, your face looks very pretty! Nice improvement there. I'm sorry you've had soreness and aren't happy with the results on your neck. Have you talked to your doctor about the possibility of a revision on your neck? Did you have an upper and lower bleph? I've had the uppers done and it made a huge difference.
Hey Lady , you saw the pics , I haven't found them on here yet , I had both my upper and lower eyes done too , I can't tell , I went to see my sister and her husband today , she don't know I had all this work done just my eyes , and she didn't say a word about my face , she didn't notice a thing , my husband see s a difference though
I realized after I posted I had seen your bleph photos too. That's good your sister didn't notice! It's because it looks so natural.