Excellent Plastic Surgeon - Alberto J. Arguello MD, Costa Rica

My jawline was beginning to sag, and I wanted to...

My jawline was beginning to sag, and I wanted to lift and tighten it. I decided to have a facelift and necklift after being fortunate enough to find a surgeon that I had complete trust in. It was a big decision, but after he performed eyelid surgery on me, and I saw other work he had done, I was confident that he would give me a natural look, and I wouldn't wake up with any surprises. I never would have had the courage to take a chance with my face on someone I didn't know. He even talked me out of a brow lift, saying I didn't need it. He was right. A little botox smoothed everything out. It's been more than 2 years, and I'm very happy with my results, and I glad I did it. I'm not including information on the cost, because I don't think it's helpful, since every case is different, and the cost will vary depending on the particulars of your specific procedure.

Alberto Arguello, MD

I’ve had several procedures performed by Dr. Alberto J. Arguello, all with excellent results. I chose him because of his credentials and reputation, but after meeting him I discovered what a wonderful person he is. He’s very personable, charming, compassionate and totally committed to the care of his patients. He is obviously well respected by his peers, as he is now serving his second term as President of the Costa Rican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery. I initially used Dr. Arguello to do my upper and lower eyelids, and after seeing what a beautiful job he did, I decided to go back and have him do a facelift, necklift and breast lift. I never thought I would have enough confidence in anyone to trust them with my face, but he is that good. I’m thrilled with the results, and how natural my face looks. In fact, after 2 years, those very close to me have never figured out what I did. They tell me how great I look, and assume it's because I've lost weight. Amazingly, I had no bruising after my facelift, which I believe is remarkable. Especially, considering patients I’ve seen who were done by other surgeons, and weren't so fortunate. Dr. Arguello attributes this to his technique. It was a huge relief not to worry about hiding bruises! He did a beautiful job on my ears, which is where a less skilled surgeon often fails, and can be a dead giveaway. Mine look really natural. The scars were very skillfully placed, and are nearly invisible now. You have to look really closely to find them. I’m able to pull my hair back without feeling self-conscious about it. He did a beautiful job on breast lift, as well. I swear the man is a magician! This was a really sensitive issue for me, and he made me feel very comfortable about it. He was very respectful, and of course, professional. I know other patients of his, who have all been really pleased with their surgeries, as well. Dr. Arguello has always taken excellent care of me, even after I have returned home. Any time I have had a question or concern, he has always been very quick to respond, and has never made me feel like a bother. I know I could not be in better hands. I highly recommend him, and personally will not use anyone else. He’s the best!

Can anyone tell me how to post photos? I feel soo dumb I found out how to post just one as a profile picture.. I am now at day 6 Had neck and face lift done friday.. Not entire face just lower I guess it is called. Had a reaction to the antibiotics but after calling the dr he said stop taking them and now I am doing better got to wash my hair today that made me nervous since I still have all the stitches and staples in my head Bruising is starting to show up but not as bad as I had feared yet... Some swelling but nt too bad due to drains and icing... Good luck all I LOVE MY DR

Hi kittykat00 -- Welcome to RealSelf! I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Do you plan on posting any pics?

Hi Sharon-
Sorry, but I don't plan to post photos.