Dr Ronald Pino Face Lift - Costa Rica, CR

I have had a terrific experience as a medical...

I have had a terrific experience as a medical tourist. Dr Ronald Pino of Costa Rica is a wonderful plastic surgeon with an eye for the art of erasing a few years off my face and neck. I've known him several years as he performed an upper and lower blepharoplasty for me in 2005. I had learned of him through a few clients of mine and I liked his work that I saw on them. He is a true artist. This time i had a face lift, neck lift, mini lower blepharoplasty, upper lip lift and fat injections. At first, I was very odd looking-- lumpy and distorted looking. Now just 2 months later, I still have more healing to do but I can see its all coming together nicely. I will add photos soon.
Ronald Pino MD

I am very satisfied with Dr Pino and his work. He is very professional and has a good eye for what will look natural and refresh your looks.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm glad you've made it through the worst and are happy with your results. How long were you in Costa Rica post-op?

I was required to stay 9 days but was there an additional 2 on my own. I caution anyone going to consider that if something needs tweaked you will need to return or have someone here in the states do the tweaking for you. I plan on returning for minor tweaking in a few more months to a year. Over all I am very pleased.
I had a Facelift, lipo and something POSSIBLY bleth (not sure) done on my eyes in 1995 from Dr. Alexandrjo Lev in Costa Rica and I was thrilled with the results but I did have to go back the following year for some correction with my earlobes which was not a problem for me at the time and I welcomed another vacation to such a beautiful country. I would go back to him but when I checked, just the Facelift alone is the same or more than I would pay here and I'm older now and concerned if there were any problems, it would be a lot more complicated for me now. I look forward to seeing your pictures...particularly interested in the fat transfer and did the price include EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE RECOVERY CENTER? tHANKS....
I believe with travel expenses I paid about $5000. I stayed 2 doors from the doctor at a very accommodating hotel called Isla verde. They are not a recovery center though. It is a hotel with a restaurant and they happily serve you in your room. I am visiting family out of state right now but will have some new photos taken and will post after I return home next week.
Thanks. Look forward to seeing your before/after pictures. That's what I paid in 1995 and that included EVERYTHING including flight, about two weeks at recovery center, two nights at the Grand hotel, tour to Arial, gifts and LIPO TOO. NOW dR. LEV wants $8000 just for the facelift. Maybe i need to write him again to let them know I only need a touch up with lower and actually the fat transfer filler. I'm particularly interested in what you understand about that as some say it doesn't work consistently, migrates and may not last. Maybe there isn't enough research to know but seems like using our own cells would be the best in terms of creating collegen, etc. Check out Aqualipo on real Self...it's something new from Germany I'm checking out a doctor here in Tampa. Please don't forget me and you can see my pictures etc. under "chellamia"
I'm on a short vacation and will return tomorrow though I will need to get some photos taken before I can post, besides. I'm not sure how I would address your doctor. Seems as though he may start pricing himself out of business if he raises rates that much.
TO THE REAL SELF TEAM: I thought these messages were confidential between daughternumber2 and I. Real Self needs to do better job of not leading people to believe a private message ie...I could have shared pictures one to one that I wouldn't have wanted to be public and I didn't write these replies with the idea that they would be seen publically either!