Dental Implants in - Costa Rica

My teeth have never been in tip-top shape, but...

My teeth have never been in tip-top shape, but when they started getting loose and falling out, it really scared me. I went to my dentist and was informed that I would need to have all my upper teeth removed and replaced with dentures or implants.
My first stop was the free consultation with Clear Choice. I never saw a dentist, but spent considerable time with the financial consultant determining my credit scores and best method of payment and the payment plans abailable. Estimated cost for upper mouth only $20,000.-$25,000. This would include the removal of all upper teeth, 4 implants, temporary and permanent upper bridge.
Next stop was with a specialist that I found in D Magazine, "Best in Dallas." We spent a lot of time going over my images, discussing bone density, placement of implants, types of crowns and removal of teeth. I found it to be very informative and am thankful for the time that I was spent with me, (At least I got to see the dentist!) I was then escorted to a seperate room where I received a detailed list of all costs and suggested payment plans. Estimated cost $23,00.-$28,000. This included removal of teeth, implants, temporary and permanent bridges.
I spent the next week trying to figure out how I could fit a $350. to $600. monthly payment into my budget.
I still continued my internet search for information and came across a dental implant forum (There are tons of them out there) dealing with implants in Costa Rica. After reading all the pages and making notes of the various pros and cons listed on several dentists, I narrowed my search to two. I then contacted, through emails and phones calls, some of the patients of these dentists. This was not a list of patients supplied through the dentist, but contacts through the forum. I've even got my email address on that forum now and continue to answere questions from folks about my experiences in Costa Rica.
After making my choice of dentiist, I had a panoramic X-ray done and sent to Costa Rica. About a week later, I received a detailed list of work to be done for a Full mouth restoration (This was both upper AND lower, not just the upper mouth estimates that I listed earlier) Estimated cost $10,000 with a 3% discount if I paid cash. WHAT a difference of price!!!
Next, I'll write about my experience in Costa Rica!

To be included in my next installment....