Day 9 Post op... Drains out..YAY!

Hi ladies! I've been on here a couple of months...

Hi ladies! I've been on here a couple of months reading all your stories and trying to decide what to do. I've been wanting a BBL FOREVER! I have never had butt, my clothes all look like I have poop in my pants because there is nothing to fill those babies in with. I have always been very self conscious about it. My issue with my stomach is really the same, I was chubby as a kid/teenager then lost a buttload of weight but still seemed to have the "pooch". So fast forward 17 years, I have two lovely daughters that are 13, 11. Geneticically speaking "I got screwed", so needless to say my pregnancies did a number on my stomach.

Currently I'm 135-140lbs and am 5' 6".. Since I have decided to do this I think I've really let my eating get a little lax. I eat all sorts of goodies I normally wouldn't, cuz I figure WTH I'm getting it sucked out anyways right? Don't get me wrong I am a vegetarian (trying to go vegan) and usually eat very healthy. But I guess by reading what people have mentioned about having a BBL I want to have plenty of junk to put in my trunk. So I'm not really at my ideal weight now, should I try to lose some lbs before my surgery?

So while researching this site and going on some consults here locally, I decided to go with Dr Azurin in Florida based on his before and after pics and the reviews of the people that have been to him. My husband is not all that happy with the fact that I've decided to travel so far to have this done, but as I've tried to explain to him, you have to go to the Drs that hone in on a certain body part and perfect it. You can't just go to a any plastic surgeons office and have them do a BBL and think that because he's a plastic surgeon you're going to get great results. In my experience (had rhinoplasty and didn't do what I'm talking about now, so basically not the smartest move I ever made) each PS seems to specialize in a certain area of the body. So if you need a butt Miami (area) seems to be where it's at(at least to me anyways). But BS aside I am very nervous about being in a hotel for 10 days recovering by myself. The flight home doesn't sound like it's going to be a picnic either. Aahhh... the price of self confidence/beauty.

I'm also feeling terribly guilty for spending this kind of money on myself. I feel that this should be money I put away for college for them. But then my little "devil" inner self says I've worked hard and deserve to have this done. What a mind game!

I would love to hear from anyone that has any tips/suggestions about these procedures. I've saved a couple of things people have posted about pre-op things but would love to hear more. Any hotel suggestions? Any more patients of Dr.Azurin that could share their experiences?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and will update as I get closer to my surgery...YAY!!!

Updated on 28 Sep 2012:
I thought I had read on someones thread that they purchased thai bolsters for post BBL. Where do you get these? I've read also about the boppy pillow too. Any feedback on what you used post op for the plane ride home, driving etc, would be greatly appreciated!

Updated on 28 Sep 2012:
Oh I also paid my deposit today, so it's offical now. Am curious as to what some of you ladies told your work when you asked for this time off? I just recently gave them notice that I would need 5 weeks off (during our very busy time) and they asked if it was there was any other time I could take off because it was a bad time to take off. I said I had help during the time I asked for and that was why I needed this particular time off. So HR is going to need to send my PS paperwork. UH OH!! Did any of you run into this?

Updated on 1 Oct 2012:
So I ended up calling and changing my surgery date to January 9th now. My work was giving me some major grief for asking to be off during Dec. So hopefully this will work out better for everyone involved. I am a little disappointed though because I was really looking forward to getting hooked up and on my way to healing for my Bday and anniversary that are in early January :(((

Updated on 8 Oct 2012:
QUESTION..... Has anyone gotten this done and wished they had gone smaller??? I see posts about ladies wishing they had gone bigger but not the other way around. Just curious

Updated on 17 Oct 2012:
I'm really not one for conventional medicine and don't want to use the harsh stuff they give you post op so I was doing some research and founf this great article in Natural Health. http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/health/kinder-gentler-surgery

Here's another on I found on Natural News.com http://www.naturalnews.com/021797_surgical_procedures_post-surgical_recovery.html

Hope this helps anyone looking to go this route

Updated on 17 Nov 2012:
Does anyone have any feedback for whether their experience or research has led them to believe that being more fit before the procedure helps with recovering faster or easier? Or does it really even matter? Thx

Updated on 2 Dec 2012:
I have two daughters (13 and 12 yrs olds). My 13 year old is self conscious already. I don't know how to explain what I'm doing to her. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Updated on 11 Dec 2012:
My surgery date is now a month away (Jan 9th) and I already am having a hard time sleeping. This is nuts! I am going to be a total wreck the closer I get to my date. My husband keeps telling me he doesn't want me to do this cuz he's worried something will happen. I had thought for a brief time that it would be a good idea for him and my daughters to join me during my recovery period in FL. But with all his Negative Nancy concerns, I opted to ask my friend to come with me instead. We're botox/filler buddies, so she gets what the deal is WAY more than my husband.

To the Dr Azurin post op ladies.... would you say it's a better idea to stay in a hotel closer to the Drs office or is within 20 min good enough? I have found some really nice places in the Deerfield Beach and Pompano arera but am wondering how well I will tolerate the car ride.

Another thing thats weighing on my mind heavily is that I've gained weight thinking it would be better to have enough fat (although I probably had enough to begin with). I'm uncomfortable and am now concerned that Dr may reach the limit of what he can take out leaving me with a subpar result.

I feel like my mind is on insane overdrive with all the thoughts I have.

Updated on 18 Dec 2012:
So today i booked the flight and car rental. Things just got way real for me. I am the biggest procrasonator so to have done this is a MAJOR deal. The reality that this is really gonna go down is surreal. One thing I'm really kicking myself for know is that I didnt book my airfare last week. It would have only been 194.00 tota flying American nonstop. This week I had to totally bounce around to find a decent deal. Booked Airtran (1stop) to FLL and Spirit for the trip back home. So in total this ended up being 215.00. Not a big difference but I looked at a bunch of different websites last week trying to look up "when is the best tme to book airfare", and
most suggested 21 days in advance. Oh well.

Still haven't gotten a hotel though. :( Priceline apparently isn't digging my cheap ass bids,lol. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.

Did my pre-op over the phone with Lynne yesterday. Everything was cool, talked to her about adding lipo to my arms. Not sure whether to do it or not. So hopefully my bloodwork I had done yesterday comes back ok and then I'm good to go! YAY!!!!

So here I am in sunny Florida. Weather is...

So here I am in sunny Florida. Weather is awesome! I meet with Dr. Azurin earlier tis afternoon to have my initial consult. He's so nice! Very personable, super down to earth, very cool!

I'm so ridiculously nervous right now. Not to have the surgery, but the after pain and recovery. AAARRRGGHHH!

Please say a prayer for me ladies. I'll try and post as soon as I can.

My surgery went well i think, but i havent been...

My surgery went well i think, but i havent been able to see anything yet. Dying to check out my stomach and butt. My pain has been about a 7-8. I was walking around a couple of times yesterday and most of the day today. i feel much better moving around. My appetite has been good also, had a protein shake, some pineapple, oatmeal and tons of water. I was told the next couple of days are going to be more painful than the first day.

So things definitely got worse before they got...

so things definitely got worse before they got better. The last couple of days where hell. Things are SLOWLY (very Slowly) getting better. Im bored out of my tree but I know this comes with the territory. Cant wait til I can look back and say that im glad that's over.

Im still really wondering/worries how this turned out since I haven't look at anything yet. All ive been able to see is that one side of my butt is for sure flatter than the other. My tt scar is beautifully low though, thank goodness.

So I'm 9 days PO today and went in this morning to...

So I'm 9 days PO today and went in this morning to have my drains removed. I was so anxious and nervous as to what the sensation was going to be when they were taken out that I was making myself really worked up. The nurse took out some additional sutures and then cam the drains. OMG, yuck! That felt so weird, thank god I didn't look down to view this or would have probably totally passed out. So after all that fun-ness came the game of trying to get into the compression garment. Until today I was only wearing a waist cincher. So with the help of the nurse and another girl they managed to contort me into the garment finally. But my first and foremost thought after this was... "How in the hell am I gonna try and get this sucker back on myself"??? After my garment was on the nurse also put the waist cincher back on me too. You wanna talk about feeling like a stuffed sausage? Holy cow!

I haven't posted pics yet cuz I wasn't able to stomach taking them myself without feeling nauseous and when I was at the Dr's office I meant to ask them to take them for me but I got too side tracked with all the other stuff and questions I had. So hopefully within the next couple of days I can get something posted. I will say I have quite a bit of bruising on my butt and upper thigh area. I also had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic ointment they put on my stomach after surgery, so I have a ugly rash going on. I feel so puffy and swollen despite having taken all the stuff to prevent it... arnica, bromelain, etc. Guess I'll just have to just wait it out and hope it goes away like everyone else.

After the Dr appt I had been so sick of being cooped up in the hotel room I asked my friend to take me to Target to pick up a couple of things. Jeez what a project. I totally walking like Kwazimoto and it took me forever to get the two things I went for. So lesson learned from this little outing... I'm not going anywhere else till I go home on Tuesday. I felt so aggravated not being to move at the pace I wanted and I didn't particularly care for the stares I was getting.

I'm so homesick I really just want to look up a flight today and get on a plane out of here. I didn't think it would weigh on me as much as it has. I miss my husband and kids so much!! Oh and my dog, miss my doggy like crazy. Despite the fact that I am in amazingly great weather and all that, I really don't feel up to par to go out and do anything. I just want to go home ASAP.

Sorry for the ranting but I hadn't really hit my "low" til today. I can completely get what everyone talks about now when they talk about the roller coaster ride that this takes you.

Thank you and hope all you ladies that are post op are healing well. And to all you that are waiting to have your surgeries, best of luck to you all!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Researching for an intense couple of months. Calling, emailing, cross checking post op pics, and getting feedback from patients

hey hun, just read you experience and i hope you are doing and feeling better..are you happy with your results?
Pics?
Hi how are you? I'm considering Azurin for my TT. Would love to see your post op new tummy but most importantly the scar.
how are you doing = would love to have an update?
can't wait for pics!
Hey, is everything okay with you? Haven't heard from you
Good luck on your recovery! We have very similar body shapes and would love to see your results. Happy healing!
love to see pics!
How r u? Do u like your results? Please post pics
Do you plan to post photos?
For sure, but I get very light headed when I see blood and cuts on myself, so I have been waiting til I am more able to handle the sight of it all.
congrats
Thanks
Glad all went well :) in planning to do tummy tuck with him. How is the scar and tummy tuck recovery..
Glad to hear everything went well :)
Godspeed!
Thanks

Welcome to the community.

How much is it costing you?
10,300.00
Are you serious? It's that close? When are you flying there? Oh I wish you a easy surgery and a speedy and smooth recovery. I wish you also good luck and don't forget to update . I'm sending good vibes in your way and prayers.
Hi Zizi, my surgery is tomorrow morning.... OMG!! So scared about the recovery. Keep me in your prayers tomorrow morning please. I will try nd post as soon as I can. MUAH xoxoxo
Good luck love. Yes I'll pray today all day. Don't worry Dr Azurin is an angel. Babe please feel free to ask any question. I'll be here to help you as much as I can. OMG I'm so emotional. I was there less than 2 months.