Upper & Lower Eyelid Surgery with Fat Repositioning, Brow Lift - Coral Gables, FL

The decision to have the upper and lower eyelid...

The decision to have the upper and lower eyelid surgery with fat repositioning along with a browlift is one of the best decisions I've ever made regarding my health and well-being. This facial rejuvenation has also led to a rejuvenation of my spirit. I feel much more comfortable with the way my eyes look since they look more in balance with my youthful, fit physique.

Though a very young-at-heart, fit and healthy 53 year-old lady, I found myself unhappy with the bags under my lower eyelids and the sagging skin in the upper eyelids. Because of that, I did extensive research on the Internet to find out what cosmetic procedures were available to correct these problems, learn about the pros and cons of each, and to find the very best surgeon available to perform the surgery.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

I made an appointment for a consultation with Dr. John Martin of Coral Gables, FL. because (1) he is one of the few surgeons with the skills and experience to perform the lower eyelid surgery with fat repositioning and (2) he is board certified in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery. During the consultation, I found him to be exceptionally professional, considerate, and patient. He gave me the time I needed to ask questions and then provided answers and information to help me make a decision about whether to have the surgery or not. At no time did he or any of his highly professional and friendly staff pressure me in making a decision. Shortly afterwards, I made the decision to have surgery on the upper and lower eyelids as well as a browlift. As for the surgery, it went very well without any complications. The repositioning of fat from the lower eyelids was perfect for me. His aftercare was unbelievably thorough. My eyes are youthful-looking again and I'm often mistaken as being anywhere from 27 to 37 years-old. I highly recommend that you have a consultation with Dr. John Martin before you have any eyelid or other facial cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. He is absolutely the BEST - honest, highly skilled, thorough, and genuinely caring.

Thanks for sharing.  I'm so glad to hear that you feel so much more rejuvenated!  What was your recovery like?  Anything important that you learned that you'd be willing to share with all the Community Members who are considering this surgery?
My recovery was very good without any serious problems such as being unable to completely close my upper eyelids, infection, and so on. One of the hardest things I experienced during recovery was my very limited social interaction and public outings, but it was my choice. I felt very self-conscious about how my face looked in the first few weeks after surgery because of the swelling and bruising. But after the swelling and bruising subsided, I was back to my social life and being out in public. The most important thing I learned is that choosing a surgeon who is board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery AND board certified in ophthalmology can make a big difference in the outcome of eyelid surgery. I also learned to pay close attention to details and my intuition when I went to the doctor's office for a consultation. In my case, I made the decision for Dr. John Martin to perform the surgery only after I felt completely comfortable with his knowledge, skills, experience, and patient care.
I think you were really smart to look for a surgeon who was so hyper-specialized in the eye area.  I know what you mean about feeling isolated and home bound after surgery because of the bruises and swelling.