Tummytuck - Connecticut

I definitely feel as though i should of chosen...

I definitely feel as though i should of chosen another doctor. I went to a highly recommended well known and reputable doctor. Two consults later and i wasn't sold. there was just this very nonchalant way about him but everyone raved about him so against my gut instincts i booked it on my fourtieth birthday.

Two days prior under his recommendation I had smartlipo done to my flanks. From the time I went home this Dr. never called me i was to call the office to report my drainage and they were closed due to the snow. I would reach the service for two or three days from what i recall and had to wait forever for him to call,if he returned them at all! When the office finally opened i called to ask when I should come for my follow up. I was told not until my drains were low enough to be removed. I was so scared and in soo much pain and i was at this point begging to be seen after a week.

At my first visit i got little to no compassion no apology for the not returning my phone calls and very little info on what to do or expect next.At about two weeks at the urge of the doctor and assistant that i should work on straightening,I opened up right in the middle down below. horrified and scared i went in and told not a problem "it happens".

It is now five and a half wks and I'm just now standing almost straight. I've got what they called a dog ear on one end and a hole still healing from the inside out, which I'm sure will leave a huge scar. I learned a huge lesson "leave well enough alone"! I had some small rolls of fat no stretchmarks and a cute bellybutton. The Dr. told me liposuction wouldn't do me justice because it was the skin that was my issue.

I am five five and weighed one forty with two kids both weighing nine pounds at birth. I had perfect little breasts which are now pulled down and to the sides and a big awkward bellybutton that I'm hoping will shrink! It's still to early to know how it"ll all turn out but im just sick of the long recovery and the ugly scars!I'm especially disappointed in the lack of compassion that the Dr. has had and the staff for that matter.

This doctor is past his prime he should work on one or two types of surgery leaving him more time to for bedside manner and leave the ego at home!

I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. How are you feeling now? Its been a couple of months since you posted. It takes time to heal. Give it at least 6 months. If you are still unhappy then I would suggest going back and discussing some revision surgery. If you dont want to go back to the same dr, I can recommend and excellent Dr in Westport. She did my surgery and has an excellent bedside manner. I hope it doesnt hve to come to that though. I hope as time goes on you will heal and be happy with your results.
Thanks,it's really encouraging to hear coming from people who have gone through this particular surgery. Iv'e peeked in on this site every now and again and have always appreciated all of the info. I'm wondering if anyones had success with flattening
of their scar? I'm using something called BioSerum twice a day.

I have used a combination of Bio Oil, Palmers Vitamin E Oil and Mederma and my scar is now totally flat and smooth.   I think it just takes time also.

I am very sorry you have had to go through the process like this.  Oh my...not good:(

That little gut instinct of ours is always right.   Thank you for sharing this information on the site.  It is helpful for others to read and learn from.

Do give it some more time for healing to take place.  The scars do fade with time and care and the swelling will go down.

The back problem and standing straight also takes some time to tame down.  You will get there..I just really hope for you that it looks better once you are healed.

So sorry...