Its official tummy is tucked as of 7/7/14

I am 31 and the mother of 3 wonderful children,...

I am 31 and the mother of 3 wonderful children, 14, 3 and 8 months. I nursed all of my kids, the oldest for a year and a half, the second for 2 years, and the baby I plan on doing for 1 year. Keep that in mond when I say my weight -lol. I am currently 5' 8.5" and 200 lbs.

Since my first child my stomach has never been the same. I always thought about getting a Tummy tuck, however it was always just that.... a thought. I knew I wanted more children, and it would of been a waste of money. So now I'm ready to take that step. My stomach is a mess, no make that a Hot Mess! The stretch marks, and Jello type feel aren't bathing suit material. My husband says he loves me the way I am, however this is for me! I want to be able to wear form fitting dresses, and fitted shirts w/o worrying about my stomach showing. Never mind sitting pool side, and being able to relax.

I have been researching this site for quite some time, and have gained some very valuable information. I have my consult scheduled for the end of Feb. @ Jacobi Medical Center in Ny. I was considering Tijuana, but don't think I could be away from my babies for that long.

I'm so nervous. What should I expect? What ?'s do I ask. Has anyone else done this with a baby? I'm hoping they can do TT with some lipo. I'm debating if I want a breast lift, but will inquire about that when I go. Can't wait.... the count down is on to an Improved me! I'll be taking pictures later in the week. That will be the hard part showing the world stretch marks gone wild.

Thank you so much for the info. I definetly will be going with a Dr. that I feel comfortable with.

Oh girl we have all had the hot mess of a tummy along with the stretch marks.  It's called being a mommy..LOL

Soon you will have your confidence back and love shopping for fitted clothes.  Try to have 2-3 consults if you can. It's best to keep looking until you find the best doctor for you.  Gather all of your information and ask tons of questions.

I am glad you joined us on the site:)

I went for my consultation on Tue. 2/14/12. The...

I went for my consultation on Tue. 2/14/12. The staff, and the Dr were really nice. He said he can do tuck, and lipo of flanks and back - hour glass I'm coming back - I have to go back in a month, as the Dr. wants me to lose 15 lbs. I think I can do it, maybe with a modified Atkins diet. I am soo excited, however I'm encountering some hesitation. I keep hearing I shouldn't get it done, and that people die from going under. Is anyone else going through this. When I go back to the Dr. I will get the final cost and what's included. Will keep you guys informed.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I forgot to mention my consultation was @ Lenox...

I forgot to mention my consultation was @ Lenox Hill aka MEETH. I was able to get in to see them with in 3 weeks, and the consultaion fee was $50 as to 195 @ Jacobi.
Also I have included my Glamour shots! LOL sorry for any blurry pics.

Thanks Kathe. I'm hoping to get some of the hour glass I use to have back. @ least half an hour - lol
You have such a good figure! When you take off the tummy, omg! You'll need to hire a bodyguard to keep guys away!
Thank you. I will def. keep posted. Started my diet today, wish me luck!

Ok ladies I'm down to 197.3 lbs.Probably would of...

Ok ladies I'm down to 197.3 lbs.Probably would of been more if I didn't cheat all weekend - lol Looks like I may be down the 15lbs for my next appt. Thank you Atkins! Although I have to say I think this diet is harder than Child birth.

I'm doing Atkins. It's not to bad, now that I'm in to it. However the first couple days are torture. I've only lost 5 lbs so far, probably would of been more, but I cheated on the weekends. Now it's crunch time.... game on :^)
Hey cmans3..how is the dieting going? I have 20lbs to loose before april...what diet are you using?
Thanks for the support guys! @ suejohn01 I can't wait to hear about your consultations.

Ok ladies down to 193.8..... slowly but surely!

Ok ladies down to 193.8..... slowly but surely!

Thank you treacy36 for the encouragment. I def need them.
Hey Cmans, you are doing great...I'm so proud of you and totally excited about your endeavor...keep it coming girlie. You already proving that you can.
Thank you Kathe, and Kimmers25.

I got the Dr.'s I spoke to mixed up - I spoke to 2...

I got the Dr.'s I spoke to mixed up - I spoke to 2 @ my first consultation. My Dr.'s name is Dr. Malamet.
I'm down to 191.....
It has been so nice out here, I've been out and about. Started another job, it's per diem so not to bad. So I've been orientating - fun, fun -., on top of my full time. Anywho. I went for my consultation, and I scheduled for 05/25/13. I'm soop nervous, and excited all at once. I know it's a way off, which is why I haven't started bugging out yet - lol. The total comes to around 5204. The hospital requires me to stay over night, or at the hotel across the street with a private nurse. I'm leaning towards the hotel with private nurse. No that's what I'm going to do - hotel. This is an extra 1200, this is just an estimate, cause I haven't spoken with the hotel yet. Here's the breakdown:
TT - 800
Liposuction - minor - 500
Hospital fee - 1600
New York State Surcharge - 154.08
Anesthesia - 1200
Oh al most forgot the pictures are extra - 150.
All in all it's not bad at all, I feel comfortable with the Dr.

heyyyy luv i finally made a profile as you suggested :) My surgery is this monday April 2nd!! im so nervous yet excited!!
good luck may will be here before you know it.
Thank you msbeas, and I will do.

Uggggh! I'm getting a lil discouraged, or just...

Uggggh! I'm getting a lil discouraged, or just thinking maybe I should get a different Dr. I emailed him so ?'s and he has yet to respond. I emailed him 3/28/12!! I don't think I'm being impatient. What do you think?

Go with your gut, your body will thank you later. If he is not giving you the attention you need now, what is going to happen after you have the procedure. How a person does anything, is how they do everything. Let me know I you need a referral.
See how you feel with Dr. Parakh, hopefully you feel comfortable with he/she. Keep me posted!
@ laady glad to see I'm not the only one. Dr. Malamet seems really nice, and knows his stuff. I'm suppose to go get my pics done next week. I'm sure you will be able to get the surgery done, as long as your losing keep us posted.

Pre - op, and pictures are scheduled for 5/15, Dr....

Pre - op, and pictures are scheduled for 5/15, Dr. appt to get clearance is 5/11, and I'm down to 185 lbs. Whoot whoot! I'm going to continue to watch my intake, and try to lose some more of this weight. I want some input from all my real selfers...... debating if I should let my hubby drive back and forth from surgery, or if we should get a car service? Trust and believe I would much rather him drive, but I'm starting to think it's going to be a Holiday weekend, and we are traveling to and from Ct. What do you ladies think? How was the commute back home after surgery for you? Keep in mind I will be staying the night @ the hotel. so how did you feel PO day 1?

Congrats on the weight loss!
great job with the weight loss! i'm in ct and just starting out with consults for a tummy tuck as well. (hartford area)

Dr. Malamet can't do the surgery. Got the call...

Dr. Malamet can't do the surgery. Got the call today from Victoria. So now I have to wait for her to see who can do my surgery, and then meet with that surgeron. I'm bummed!!

Good luck with you journey!!
Wow ur tummy looks like my old tummy....ur goin to look amazing girl!!!
belinkie & foster in may and then beam, castiglione & schreiber in july IF i can wait that long!

Got the call.... she has a surgeon that can do it....

Got the call.... she has a surgeon that can do it. I just have to go up and meet with her, and decide. Going to try and move my picture date up. Got my excited back!!!!

hey everyone i know ive been mia for a minute esp to cmans3..how was dct parakh...i actually went through another dct wolfeld in the city and he went through my insurance company for the penniculatomy which is the same thing as the tt but withouth the tightening and it was denied but then he spoke with them and it was approved last week so im soooo happy now. but he told me that if i want him to tighten it that i can pay the extra 2gs but no more then 3 while hes during the penniculatomy and tighten it to give me that hour glass shape ....i go in on thursday to sign papers for the consent and to get my surgery date so im thrilled all over again
how are you???
Hi, how's it going....looking forward to your results!

I did it!!!

Hey ladies...I know it's been a while but I wanted everyone to know I am 1day post open today. Dr. Hamel @Complete LaserClinic in Nebo, NC did my procedure. I have to say I felt so comfortable.....he even said a prayer before the procedure! I had my surgery at noon, this procedure was done while I was awake! I loved being awake and aware of what was going on. The worst thing was the numbing and that was a quick burning cessation. Dr. Hamel took his time and him and Kerri (I could have her name wrong) answered all my questions. The ladies in the front were wonderful also.
Now post op....wtf when everything wore off I had burning with a constant cramp feeling, similar to a contraction. I took the pain medication prescribed and am still taking every 4-6 hours..I just try to stay ahead of the pain. Im hoping to be off this before plane ride back home. I had my sis grab me some fiber one bars just to be prosctive. My tummy is too cute.I love it! So far so good, had my follow up today and everything looks good. Will update with pictures later.

here are some pictures

day 2

My stomach is soooo numb. I changed my dressings today there was handling anything on them. Pain is still present, but I am skipping some so hopefully friday ill be pain pill free!!! Check up tomorrow

Ang05..don't be nervous. There was a tv and lots of conversation through my whole procedure and he is a very competent. I was nervous when I hot there, but after the paper work I took the meds one wad for anxiety and by the time I wad called in the back I was fine.
Hey! I had my TT on the same day as you. How are you? I feel like a walking brick.
U look great! ! I want to go to hamel in a few weeks for TT but nervous about being awake. Ur waist looks so tiny!!! Happy healing

26 days post op

I went back to work last week and said yes to some double shifts coming up. Everything is going well, still some numbness and tenderness but overall I'm happy. I can't wait to see the final results......but I know I have to wait! ???? I also cant wait for the ok to work out. ...tone up. Right now my measurements are 36- 31- 43.

Congrats!!
Nice results chica....continued healing to u
LOOK AMAZING!! Glad all is going well. HAPPY HEALING!

just noticed

How do I change it from unsure to a thumbs up in my profile? I am so happy with my tummy!

You were awake during tummy tuck? How is your recovery?
Inbox Kimmers25 (community manager) or any other and ask them to change it for you. I had the same time happen to me and they were nice enough to change it for me. :-)
Your results are great! Do you have some recent Pics. I am scheduled to have a TT and BBL with Dr. Hamel on December 12. Most people who have went to him have not been keeping up with reviews. I would love to see recent pictures if you have them!
Dr. Hamel @complete laser clinic

Excellent bedside manner. The staff were wonderful and everyone answered all questions. The premises were clean and very organized, I went to the offices in Nebo and Hickory. I have already recommended him to my friends! Dr. Hamel is in NC