Love my Juve! - Central Connecticut

Have it in my lips. LOVE IT!! Had full lips to...

Have it in my lips. LOVE IT!! Had full lips to start, but added more to give me a little more puffy volume and turn the cupids bow "up" a little. Use the Juvederm XC which has the lidocaine in it. If your doc puts a topical anesthetic on first- you will barely feel it. Just practice some good breathing and it's easy to get through.

Normally $600 per syringe,. My doc does a multi syringe special a few times a year- 3 syringes for 1525 and 30 units of Botox free! I'm going to have my cheekbones and eyebrows done this spring!

Oh.. and I should add.. do not be alarmed by the...

Oh.. and I should add.. do not be alarmed by the swelling after. It does take about 4 weeks for the lips to "settle in". So.. that said, go a little fuller than you want while you are in the chair.. you area already swollen with the topical lidocaine and injecting. I had about 1 1/2 syringes injected.

Peiper Bean: No, thank you! You are a reminder of what this should look like! I think people, especially those who have negative experiences, lose sight of what a good doctor can do. And what kind of expectations the person should have. I did just get a fill about a week ago, and it's too much. My lips looked fine before, and still had enough juvie in them. And yet... I went ahead and asked for a tiny, tiny touch-up. Now I feel insecure and worried, but since it's happened before and it did settle down after a month, I'm just going to try to relax and just go with it. In the meantime, I'm going to remember you anytime I'm tempted to go in for any more early tiny tiny touch-ups. I will wait! So again, thank you! It's experiences and looks like yours that make this kind of thing less scary.

You have a wonderful day as well!
Awww! SallyAnne, Thank you so much! I give credit to God and my doctor! I think the outcome does depend on your natural lip shape and the technique of the injector.

Good thing it's not permanent so if you do go a little too far, it won't be there forever, and if you can't wait, then doc can dissolve it. I always give it the two/three week settle time before freaking out! lol!

Have a wonderful day!
PieperBean: Your lips look like the PRIME example of how a filled lip should look -- natural. Your smile is beautiful and spreads evenly, you don't have the dreaded trout pout, you don't look like a cat, you look like a beautiful happy woman.

I struggle with just getting a tiny bit more and I always feel like I overfill and it bums me out. You look wonderful. This has been an inspiration to me that less is more.

Thanks so much!
Haha, you're right! Thank you so much!
Hi PieperBean,

Your lips look beautiful!
I'm on the verge of getting this done as well, for extra volume, but am a little curious, as I've heard of the bumps and having to massage them, do the lips will feel harder or denser after this. Any information on your experience regarding this would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks so much for responding to all of us!
Cheers,
Lilly
Hi Lilly!
First, thank you! For about a month or so, they will feel 'firmer' than normal because they are swollen. And they may feel a little odd when talking because you just aren't used to it. Mine feel totally normal now- both talking and in the 'kiss test"!! And that's where it matters most, right?!?! ha ha!!

Good Luck!!!
Thanks so much!
Looks great! Where did you have it done?
Hi Jess! Thank you! Had it done at Millenium Med Cosmedics in Middletown, CT.

Have a great day!
Yes.. I would agree the first time is worst, and you are just not used to looking at yourself with bigger lips, which are swollen on top of it! Be patient, don't panic. That is a tough spot.

Be kind to yourself.. I'm sure your still beautiful!! : )
Yes, this is my first time. It figures I would have a reaction. I'm trying to reach my Doctor to ask about it. I just look very "freakish" right now. My lips are enormous and I have bruising along the edges. She injected along the vermillion border to reduce the wrinkling there, which is what I wanted, but it really popped my lips out into a duck face. I can't take Benadryl. Am taking Claritin and some Advil.
Umm.. not really 'irregular'. But sometimes you can feel what feels like "balls" of the juve. It's ok to massage your lips between your fingers to 'smoosh' and smooth the bumps a bit. Try that. Give it two weeks. If they are really crooked, mis-shapen, I'd go to another doctor and there is an injection that will dissolve the Juve.

Is this your first time getting your lips done?
Hi, I just had the juvederm injected yesterday. I really swelled up and had to call in sick to work today! I can't imagine I will be able to work tomorrow either. Do you have pics of you immediately after your injections? I'm not sure why I'm so swollen, but I look like Goldie Hawn in the 1st Wives Club! Eeek.
Hi Lynda.... oooh.... I feel your pain! I'm so sorry you are feeling not so great. While I don't have immediate post injection photos, I can tell you the very first time I had it done, I did swell up, and bruised pretty badly. I looked like I got punched in the mouth. It took a solid 7 days for the bruising to go away. Subsequent injections (next one was about a year later) the bruising was much less, though there was still some. and I did still swell up too. My last Juve injections were this summer. My mother saw me about 2 weeks after my last injection and she said my lips were 'too big'. When she saw me about 2 months after, she said they looked beautiful. So, I guess they must have been pretty swollen.

While I know how difficult it is and you want them to be perfect right away, just try to sit tight, take ibuprofen for swelling & pain (not aspirin!)& use cool compresses. You and your lips WILL be beautiful!
Thank you so much for this reply! I'm relieved to hear that I won't look like a freak forever, but it is going to be hard to go back to work. I will be the laughing stock for awhile. There's no way to explain it away either because I clearly had "work done" on my lips and it looks like it was "botched". I'm hoping it will even out too. Were yours kind of irregular in shape at first too? I don't know how to post a pic on here or I would show you. I'm icing it today and laying low today afraid to go anywhere. L.
Hi Britt, I posted before/after photos so folks can see the difference.

The only difference I'm aware of between the regular and XC is the lidocaine. It makes a HUGE difference in terms of experience. If I never have to have a dental block again in my life, it will be too soon! Using a topical numbing cream and the XC was very very tolerable.

My advice, is to not be too conservative if you really want to see a difference AND find a GOOD practitioner. The doctor I go to now is a family doctor and also has the aesthetics practice. She's got a good "eye". Much nicer job than the "renowned" plastic surgeon I had do them the first time.

Thanks Pieper,

Pictures sure do help a lot. Thanks for letting us know and posting pictures. :)

-Britt

Hi PieperBean.

Yay, so glad this worked out so well for you. Do you know what is the difference between Juvederm regular and the XC is it the Lidacaine? Also, we'd love to see pictures.

Thanks,