First day back to work

I finally had my tummy tuck with lipo after having...

I finally had my tummy tuck with lipo after having 3 children. I was afraid to have it done because of the risk envolved. I also felt guilty of doing something for myself. Since I spend much of my time taking care of others. I am 39 yo mother of 3. I am 5'2 and 128lb. My goal is to to have a flat tummy again like I did 19 years ago. This will improve my self esteem significAntly. The procedure went well although recovery is painful. You have to have someone care for you for at least 3 days. Thank god for my hubby!

I am now 4 days out from my TT. It's pretty rough....

I am now 4 days out from my TT. It's pretty rough. I am starting to get a little depressed because I still can't stand up straight because of the pain. My back is killing me. I only feel good when I'm sitting down. The Percocet does help though. I took my dressings off 2 days ago and I love my flat belly so far. I have some bruises and swelling though. My belly button looks really weird and raw. It doesn't hurt at all though. JP drain is still in draining pinkish color. Although I feel like crap today, I still think it was worth it. I posted some before pics but for some reason there upside down. I will post some after pics when I get the strength to take some :-)

I'm 1 week out from surgery! All is well. Still...

I'm 1 week out from surgery! All is well. Still have pain but controlled with pain meds. I'm able to do more now but not for long periods. My lower back has been bothering me more than anything. Planning to get back to work next week. Hope I'm ready! Getting my drained removed tomorrow. So excited to get rid of that thing. No more Lovenox injections either. Yayyyyy!!!!
Posted a post op pic today. I can see a big difference already. Still have a lot of swelling though.

I had my post op visit yesterday. The drain was...

I had my post op visit yesterday. The drain was finally removed! It did not hurt by the way. I was told to start walking upright to help relieve the back Pain. The doc seemed pleased withe the results so far. Me too! :-). I go back for my next visit in 4 wks. Today, I actually feel pretty good. I went all day without pain meds and was actually able to do some light house work today. Very light! Felt good to get up and moving a bit.

Well I went back to work today :-(. It was a...

Well I went back to work today :-(. It was a little tough. I'm still not my self. I was pretty exhausted by 12noon. I had to take a voluble of ibuprofen s to get through the day. I am pretty swollen today to and my incision drove me crazy all day. It was pretty irritated. I wish I would have given myself 1 more week to heal before going back to work. I still can't stand up completely straight. I looked like an old lady trying to get around at work. How embarrassing. Bad day:-(. Hope tomorrow is better. Smh
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Friend

You look nice! How long where you off from work? Did FMLA cover it? I am awaiting a decision from my employer to see if they cover it.
Great*
Looks grey jus take it easy
Take it easy Beauty. Don't over do it. I wishing you a speedy recovery.
Looks great!
You look fabulous ;-) I like your journals!
So Glad I found you good experience I hear so many woman say they regret it due to the pain and I am 25 days away 3/12 tt. I know their will be pain but that is what it takes to have beauty. I am so ready to get to the flat side. Thank you for sharing you helped calm my nerves. Also you look great now. Happy Healing !!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! Congrats on the decision to move forward. The pain is so worth the outcome. No regrets here! Good luck and keep me posted on your recovery. The count down is on!
Very nice!
What a difference! Just beautiful results, congratulations
Thanks!!!!
Congrats! You're off to a great start. Rest rest rest!
You look amazing. Felt somewhat guilty before making my decision due to close family members telling me that plastic surgery is for the vain. But I am 29, with 2 kids and I am a hell of a wife and mother! I refused to walk around the rest of my life with that kangaroo pouch! Can't Wait til summer!
Thank you ;-) you have me cracking up (killing my abs) with the kangaroo pouch comment. That is hilarious because that is exactly what mine looked like. Hated it
Don't I know the feeling! I watched the comedian Kevin Hart earlier today. Whew! It hurt so bad I had to turn it off.
OMG I watched one of Kevin harts stand up shows on tues. and my abs hurt for hours afterward. Had to get up and walk away!
Congratulations Blackbeauty2013. Looking good!
Congrats and welcome to the flat side. You look great!
Thanks! You look awesome too!
Congradulation , & best wishes
Thanks!
Feel better its all worth it in the end
Each day gets better, rest as much as you can xx
Will do. Thanks!
I with you girl. I had a full TT and lipo 4 days ago. And I feel a lot of what your goin through. The Percocet helps so just stick with it and don't get depressed. Your gonna be back to 110% in no time taking care of kids then. But for now focus on you. Wishing you a fast recovery :-)