Fever of

Well its 24 hours and counting...tomorrow is my...

Well its 24 hours and counting...tomorrow is my mommy makeover...breast augmentation, lift, tummy tuck (lipo) and maybe inner thigh lipo. (Its funny b/c I called the nurse today and said 'I don't know how to ask this but if he has some leftover room for more lipo can he take some from my inner thighs?" Her response was "oh yes, he is very generous with his lipo - haha."
Anyways...6 months ago was a married to what I thought was a wonderful husband for 15 years and a mom to 3 wonderful kids (age 14, 11 and 2). Then I got a phone call that my husband was having an affair at work. My life was devastated and I made him leave. So I went from my daily organized working Mom, devoted wife to being single, lonely and feeling so rejected.
I am having this surgery for many reasons but mainly for me. I have always wanted to and thought about it many times. I can't wait and its will just help with my new life I am working on.

Thanks for everyone blogs and I have enjoyed reading them all. Wish me luck!
I will post some before and after pics soon.

Looks like we had ours same time and maybe same place?
Wow really? in Columbus Ohio dr Villalobos? What did u have done?
Dr McMahon , TT and breast aug, pain is really kicking in now

Hello! Well today is day 2 and I was able to...

Hello! Well today is day 2 and I was able to shower. I was also able to see everything! My stomach is so flat and the scar is very low. My breasts are smaller then I thought (445cc) but it could be b/c they are so compressed. Any else thought theirs were smaller but changed their minds?
Also I had lipo on my inner/outer thighs. On both my outer thighs there is a dent. I had read it will go away but has anyone else experience dents in thighs from lip and then it goes away?
Glad you are already feeling so well on day 2! I've heard it takes months for lipo to soften up, so i would wait it out a bit. I'm scheduled 4/11. Look forward to following your recovery. Happy healing!
Did you have drain tubes? My dr says no shower until they are out :(

I'm so so sorry about what you went through. That's unconscionable. But I'm am glad you're doing something big for yourself. You're two days post-op now, which is rough, but you'll get through this. How are you feeling?

Here's a great post by Blond in Bluffton about her first three days post op.

Today is day 4 and im ok. I still feel so swollen...

Today is day 4 and im ok. I still feel so swollen but I know it's expected. I get the drain tubes out in 3 days and CANNOT wait because I will have more movement. I didn't take any pain killers since last night as had to just take some bc I was so hurtful. I was taking them every 4 hours and down to only twice a day now so that's good. Really the only pain is when I laugh or cough or anything that uses my stomach muscles....it brings me to tears. In guessing its bc of the stitches in my abs.
I feel like my swelling is worse today than yesterday and my cg does not seem to fit there is a huge gap in the back and it constantly rides up and lands on my Tt incision. My boobs look weird at best like the nipples are pointing downward. Hopefully that will fix itself. Still taking Tylenol but had to have 1/2 Vicodin after getting cleaned up and walking today
I think these first few days are the worst for swelling. Do you have a compression garment on? Are you taking bromelain? I hear that helps. Can't say from experience, I'm still 2.5 weeks out. Are you going to post pics?

I have a minor chest cold and when I cough it...

I have a minor chest cold and when I cough it causes EXTREME pain in my abs right above mybelly button. There is a new bruise there and it's very puffy I've heard it's almost impossible to tear what they put in your abs so I hope that's not it , has anyone else ever had this swelling above the belly button?
Since tomorrow is Monday, I would say to call your PS and tell them about the swelling. Better safe than sorry. I know these first few days are kind of crazy with the swelling, but since it is in a confined area, I'd double check to be sure. (want to rule out seroma or hematoma) I can't even imagine having a cold or cough after surgery. I've already purchased cough drops to have on my bed table just in case I get a tickle. Are you taking Arnica or Bromelain? They seem to really help with bruising and swelling.

Tomorrow is my 1 week appt and my drains are...

Tomorrow is my 1 week appt and my drains are supplied to come out-fingers crossed!
What does it feel like when they remove the drains! Does it hurt? What are the reasons they WOULDN'T remove them tomorrow?
I'm hoping for some relief when they do.
How did you make out at your appointment? I was going to comment on the drains and also on the pain in your abs, but you've already had your appointment by now. I hope your drains came out and that your ps was able to put your mind at ease with regard to the pain about your bb!
Hi! Yes they took the 2nd drain out today (9 days post po). I didn't think they were going to be the fluid has increased a little in the past 2 days but I think it's bc the first drain is gone. I feel so un-tethered lol. My 2 week appt is Tues. Things are healing but still so sore in my abs and thighs. I hope all is well with you !
Had my post pp appt today took out right drain but keeping left one in until wed it didn't hurt at all. Some swelling but dr says all is well. Right drain still draining a lot feeling better day by day though. Not completely satisfied with incision line I think it's high compared to others I've saw on here

I know I have loved seeing the post op pics so...

I know I have loved seeing the post op pics so here are mine at 10 days past surgery. (I still can't believe I have some of these pics on here lol)
I'm feeling better but still sore. My thighs look absolutely horrible, bruised and so swollen but I just keep telling myself lipo takes a long time to heal. Breasts are not that painful...again just sore.
I hope everyone is doing well!
You loom awesome !! I'm jealous of your scar line. I still think mine could of been lower. Dr says when I can stand straight and the swelling goes down I should see a difference. I feel 100% better than this time last week. When do you go back to work? I'm goings n or tues
Thank you and you look awesome too! Your scar seems low in your pics...hopefully it's ok for you. Sounds like you have came a long way with losing so much weight and now this surgery...you should be very proud of how great you look! I go back to work mom but will have tues off for my 2 week appt. I can't believe it will be 2 weeks!
Hi! You're looking great! Don't worry about those bruises, it'll go away completely with time. And the scar placement is awesome! Very low and thin- this is important coz, unlike the bruises, it won't completely go away :)

I just wanted to say ' I officially hate...

I just wanted to say ' I officially hate compression garments!' Lol
My Dr said for 4 weeks to wear them 24 hours a day and the next 4 weeks only at night. It totally helps awelling but 8 weeks yuck!!
What did other Dr.'s say?
Wow our situation is very similar... You are looking great... I am happy for you... Thanks for sharing your story..
Yes - we do have similar stories! Good luck with everything. Look forward to reading your updates :)
Are u in the one they gave you after surgery still ? My dr said i could get the step 2 (spanxs) but they hurt getting on wore them once so far. Sti so swollen ugh... But 6-8 weeks 24/7 with spanxs is what he aaid

Today was my 2 week post op appt and I still have...

Today was my 2 week post op appt and I still have a lot of fluid/swelling in my abdomen. He took a needle and drained some but bc of still being numb I didn't feel it.... Whew! He commented to the nurse 'drains prob out too early'.
Anyone else have to be drained? I hope it doesn't ruin things.....the fluid will go away on its on in the next few weeks right?
I guess there is a time when still being numb comes in handy. Sorry you had to have everything drained that way. I have heard others having to do that as well. Glad you seem to be recovering well and thanks for sharing your pics!

Well the Dr. drained me yesterday in office and...

Well the Dr. drained me yesterday in office and today I'm worse then I was when I went in. I am so 'puffy-fluid filled' Its like he drained me and it filled right back up with even more fluid. I called and go back in tomorrow. I feel like I ate a pile of salt before I went to bed last night!
No pain - just discomfort. But today may be a short day at work.....
Hope everyone is have a good week :)
Crazy to see how your tat moved - really shows how much skin was pulled down
I agree - I like looking at before to realize how much it moved. He was actually supposed to fully remove it but to keep a low scar he had to leave it. I would much rather have a lower scar so I'm glad he made that decision. Good luck with your upcoming procedure - its so excited to watch your body change:)
yes - being numb was definitely a benefit. I am going back tomorrow too b/c of fluid. I wish was wasn't so anxious to get those drains out! Thank you for sharing as well!

I always loved seeing before and after pics -...

I always loved seeing before and after pics - here's a side by side I made.
You look awesome! So sorry about the fluid accumulation. I've read several stories on here where that's happened. But once you get rid of a the fluid it will be smooth sailing. Even though you've hit a bump, it will be so with it.
Good luck and take care.
AH! I cannot believe the results you have achieved so early in your recovery! You must be absolutely thrilled-- it only gets better from here! You look phenomenal!

Its been 3 weeks today and I can say besides...

Its been 3 weeks today and I can say besides swelling and fluid build up I am definitely enjoying my new body. I enjoy it much more in the morning then the evening b/c of the swelling but I know that will get better. I also still have to get drained once a week b/c the fluid 'pockets' in my lowest abdomen and my crotch making it look muffin top like which really sucks. I just keep telling my self 'this is only temp'.
Its also weird to me that my clothes are not a ton looser. With how much flatter my tummy is, no love handles and lipo you'd think my clothes would be big. But really they fit.....they fit totally different but they fit. Anyone else surprised by this?
3 weeks for me today as well. I think day by day it's gets 1% better. Hoping that this swelling goes down as well some days I look I'm the mirror and think did he take anything off? I feel like my tummy looks bigger now than it did 3-4 days post op..do you still weR your cg??
Yes 1% sounds about right! My tummy definitely looks bigger then 3/4 days post op. The day after surgery it was way flatter. I know it's swelling but can be disappointing. I still wear all the garments that are high waisted to my thighs. I wear them 24/7 but I still have to be drained so I don't know how much they help. I can't wait to burn them...lol
I'm sure its not loose yet because of the swelling. I have swelling giving me a muffin top too. I'm addressing it on Friday. I have really worn regular clothes yet. I'm still at my PR surgery weight. I thought I'd weigh less. I do feel motivated to workout when allowed.

I'm would like to tan for a few weeks to prepare...

I'm would like to tan for a few weeks to prepare for an upcoming trip. I'm only 4 weeks post op and dr said cover incision and/or SPF. Anyone out there have advice? I use scar guard but thought about buying the strips then putting SPF over the strip just to tan?
My daughter works at a tabby salon. A lady comes in there that's had a MM. She rolls up a towel to cover her TT scar. And uses a sticker to cover her bb.
I want to start tanning again, but keep forgetting to call my dr to see if its ok.
I asked my Dr yesterday and he said to just use a lot of SPF on the scar but I feel like I need to cover it up too. I may take a thin towel to roll up or something.

I'm almost 6 weeks post op and every week I have...

I'm almost 6 weeks post op and every week I have had to be drained by a needle once a weekl ...but it was never painfully all. So at my appt yesterday he said he could put in a 'wick' gauze drain with a piece of gauze sticking out that I would pull out little by little over few days. It should dry up the sortoma.
Well that went fine and painless. But i slept so bad last night bc of my stomach pain and when I stood up I also it fainted 2 times. Called the dr and they acted like it was just quest for the to take Tylenol. Then I case the. Again and said 'hey I have a fever now a s bird me scar pain. So they called me antibiotic. My nurse Friend RN said I should go to hospitAl to make sure I should get IV antibiotic bc it could have been there awhile.
Anyone else have an infection with a fever?
First how high is ur fever? I am a nurse and if taking Tylenol or Motrin and antibotics does not bring down your fever in 24 hours go to the emergency dept. You don't want an infection to get in ur blood and that can happen fast. But also relax this can n has happened to others. Everyone heals differently. Also I wanted to comment on u wanting to tan. I am post op 8 and I too like to tan. My suggestion is to wear ur summer bikini. Tanning ages skin and when u have healing skin tanning stops the healing process n will cause ur scars to turn bright red n they will stay that way. I know tan lines suck but at least u will be tan n next year u will have amazingly good scar lines n u can have no tan lines so my suggestion is too put at least SPF 30 on ur new scars then cover them with bikini. I know that may sound weird but clothing do have small holes that the uv rays can get thru n stop healing process.
I agree with your nurse friend. A trip to the er may be your best bet.

So after the fever on a Friday and blood work it...

So after the fever on a Friday and blood work it shows I have a staph infection but not in my blood which is good. My tummy has been drained weekly by a needle with very little discomfort then at 5 weeks it burns, hurts and is HUGE!
Anyone else have problems with fluid? If so, how long did it take to go away and what steps did your ps do to help you? Its so frustrating to be 7 weeks into this with such a painful puffy tummy:(.
Hope you are feeling better, you look fantastic!

So after the fever on a Friday and blood work it...

Hope you are feeling better.
Feel better and please go to the ER. Don't mess with staph. (((Hugs)))

So after the fever on a Friday and blood work it...

Thank you. I am finally feeling better. Swelling still seems so high but I know it will get better it has to! You look and congrats
Thank you :). It was weeks full of Dr's appts and now feeling better. Swelling is the most frustrating thing with all this. But - you do have a lot to look forward too and great job on your recent weight loss!
Thank you and I am finally getting back to normal. That infection had me down for a few weeks. You look great too:).

6 months - pic

I just thought I would post a 6 month update pic from my tummy tuck, lipo and breast aug with lift.
I'm 70% happy with everything. I have a dent in my chest and a double bubble when flexing in my breasts but its not majorly noticeable - although I do plan on fixing it someday. The way I look at it is it has helped me feel better about myself and I'm not posing for Playboy anytime soon - lol.
I had an infection (seroma) after my tummy tuck and I don't feel like my stomach is quit as tight as it was but its still smaller with less stretch marks. I know exercise and eating right will make it smaller too:)
I hope everyone is doing well :)
You look amazing girl. Congratulations!!!
U look very good! Congrats! Any advice for us who are having surgery in 6 weeks?
Thank you and I'm very excited for you! My advice would be to take it slow. There were times for me when I was very discouraged during the healing process b/c it was a little harder then I thought it would be. Its so rewarding to wake up and see the changes though - I wouldn't change my decision. Good luck with everything - you have a lot to look forward too :)