Good Experience - Columbus, OH

I had my labiaplasty done 6 weeks ago and am...

I had my labiaplasty done 6 weeks ago and am pleased with the results. I have wanted this done since I was 12 years old and have been embarrassed about the size of my labia my entire life to the point where it has always interfered with my relationships. I found Dr. Heck online and started doing research. After my consultation I decided to book the surgery immediately.

The surgery was painless, I decided not to "go under" and just have a local anesthetic. I felt nothing after the numbing shots, which were uncomfortable but nothing horrible. I also have a very high pain tolerance. The stitches are dissolvable as well so you don't have to worry about having them taken out or anything. Roughly 3 hours after my surgery I started to experience a lot of pain and I think it was mainly my body going into shock.
 My boyfriend called Dr. Heck's office and he called back immediately and told him what medicine to give me and I was fine after that. I was shocked that he was so responsive. I went to work the next day and I would not recommend this. I would take at least 2 days off. My coworkers were looking at me like I was crazy with my waddle walk.
 Also I would like to add that they recommend you don't look at your vagina the first few days after surgery and rightfully so. My vagina looked like it had gone through a meat grinder and everything looked asymmetrical and swollen. I immediately had second thoughts and was regretting what I had just put my body through. After about a week the swelling had gone down and everything looked symmetrical again. The pain was pretty much gone and I remember feeling a great sense of accomplishment being able to walk normal again.
 If you can get through the first week you will be fine. Ice and Vicodin will be your best friend! Just try to take it easy especially the first few days. My only regret is that I didn't decide to do this sooner. With the financing options it really is feasible to have this done or any procedure you may be thinking about. Dr Heck and his staff were great! Now my sex life is so much more comfortable with my boyfriend as I am not self conscious anymore about the appearance of my vagina. I would recommend Dr. Heck to anyone. Every time I went in for an appointment I was in and out in 20 minutes. I never had to wait in the room half naked for more than 2 minutes which is amazing. Even the morning of the surgery I was on the operating table 5 minutes after I checked in. Dr. Heck is very prompt and thorough. This was so easy and worth it. One week of discomfort is a breeze in my book.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

internet

Last Saturday was 1 month for me. I still have stitches that are dissolving but they are so uncomfortable. My doctor told me they would be gone by 14 days and the latest 3 weeks. I still have about 5 stitches that seem to be poking out. Other than that I am happy with my results. :) at first my doctor told me to wait 6-8 weeks to have sex. I went for my 2 week post op and he said if I felt like it we could at 4 weeks. We did and it felt fine. A little tender in some spots but I'm sure the tenderness will take awhile.
Thank you sooo much for that !! Lol I feel fine but I've been so scared to attempt sex since the damn stitches are still there. I had a wedge procedure so the incisions are in the center of my labia and go in about 2 inches horizontally towards the vaginal opening. I think since they're coming out more now and you had a good experience we will try tomorrow night and see how it goes !
I'm only 2 1/2 weeks post op. I'm healing great at this point after a terrible first week experience and I'm just wondering how long did you wait to attempt any sexual activity ? Did it hurt or irritate the suture lines .... I'm only asking because I am absolutely terrified at the thought of sex right now. I am just as frustrated as my boyfriend but I'm afraid of pain due to scarring as well as reopening the sutured area :/