Tummy Tuck W/Lipo & Loving It! - Columbus, GA

I am seven days post-op of a tummy tuck with lipo....

I am seven days post-op of a tummy tuck with lipo. I was an unlikely candidate due to my height & weight. (5'6 @ 283lbs) wow...I know that is a lot. I have tried for the last nine years since my last child of three to get my "body" back but only continued to gain. I consulted with a plastic surgeon five years ago about a possible TT but was frightened @ the thought. I tried for another five years to attack this weight on my own. One day I realized that I like being "thick" I just wanted my mid-section to be flat again.

I am so glad I went through it! I saw my body 3 days post-op & couldn't believe it. The surgeon told me that I wouldn't have perfect results because of my size but I tell you...I am still swollen & I have come down 10 inches in my waist already, he took out 15lbs of fat and I have no bruising, very minimal pain & looking great already!

I went to my follow-up yesterday & he showed me my before photos & that looked like a stranger to me...lol! I am loving it and can't wait for the months to pass so I can see the final results! Thank you God!

Hey you look amazing! Nice job by your doctor. Women should have curves - they are sexy according to my hubby!

Curves are good! And you look amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your story (and photos) with us.

Thank you Angie......love my curves.....oooohhh...weee....

Today I am 12 days Post-op. (Sept 29, 2010) Per my...

Today I am 12 days Post-op. (Sept 29, 2010) Per my Doc...he says I am healing great. He removed my sutures & stitches from my belly-button today. My swelling has gone down tremendously. I am feeling wonderful. I have been getting my walking done daily and it has drastically improved my flexibility even my Doc was impressed. I am finally posting my before photos. (You all will be shocked!) Feedback please!!! Be blessed & never discouraged!

Isn't it just amazing how this procedure changes your outlook and life! I feel completely blessed to have found the doctor I did. Sounds like you are also extremely happy!! You look amazing.
I was so happy to read your story. I am also a thick black woman. I have lost 60 pounds and have went from a 26 pants to a 18 and I still weigh 254 pounds. But my stomach just will not go down. So I went to 2 different Doctors. First one said I needed to lose more weight. I have been excercising 4 to 5 days a week and I am just toning. But the stomach is still there. The second Doctor told me I was big bone and will never be small without looking sick. He is willing to give me a tummy tuck and I am scared to death. But after reading your story, I know I can do it. My surgery is schedule for 10/28/10. I wish you continue success.
Ooh...I am so happy for you!!! You are right @ the size I was 2 1/2 weeks ago and I did it. Went in scared but came out like a bird!!! Baby girl, don't worry about just be happy that you are able to do something to better you and enhance that big bone...ness.lol!!! You are going to look & feel great!!! Even my Doctor told me things similar but he did it and when I went to my follow-up...he said he was so glad I talked him into it! I told him, no I am glad you didn't turn me away!!! This has been the best investment I have ever made in my life...and guess what (It is just for me) don't have to share my investment with anyone!!! Do it!!!

Just wanted to add some updated photos. I am doing...

Just wanted to add some updated photos. I am doing fine & healing well!

Girl, you look great. I hope to have the same success. I am going to take pictures before my surgery, because by looking at your pictures I want to see my own transformation. It is amazing. GIRL CONTINUE DOING YOU, AGAIN YOU LOOK GREAT.
I am sorry to say that I will not be having my surgery. My insurance just denied me. Did you have a problem getting your insurance to pay for it or did you just take care of it yourself. Sorry I do not mean to get personal.
Oh wow, I did not go through my insurance company because upon my thorough investigation in my pre-stages, I found that it is rare that insurance does pay for it. So yes, I just evaded that hassle and paid cash for it. I have seen others that needed to have combined gastric bypass & lipo/tummy tucks...were considered medical necessities due to health situations & therefore their insurance paid for it but they were 3x's or more larger than you or I. I pray that a breakthrough will come for you, just be patient & it will come on time!

I had Surgery 4 weeks ago and I am doing great!!!...

I had Surgery 4 weeks ago and I am doing great!!! More photos to come in a few weeks. Scar is healing wonderfully!!!

Girl you look amazing. Keep up the good work. I want to have the same procedure performed, but I'm so scared. And to me, it looks like the hurts really bad afterwards. But I'm sure it was well worth it.

You look great. I'm also a women of color and for the New Year 2011 I'm having a full Tummy Tuck on Feb 3rd. I'm really excited now since I've read your story and seen your pics. Tell me one thing? How painful was it? {edited}

{by Britt. Please do not write in all caps per community guidelines. Thanks}
You look amazing. Well done.

3 months Post-op & standing strong! I feel...

3 months Post-op & standing strong! I feel that i am sexier, free & happy! This experience has opened up new opportunities for me to explore life in a different way. Since September, I have traveled more, I have smiled more, I have laughed more...I have enjoyed more! I used to feel totally uncomfortable when I'd put on my socks, shoes or even shave my legs but now I can flex everything with ease! (A great feeling in itself) I have been motivated to get out & walk because there's nothing jiggling! (I am not ashamed of what my body had turned into...it has been improved) Three month photos soon!

He did an awesome job
You look so good! Congatulations on your journey and welcome to the flat side!!!
Hi, do you recall the volume removed when you had your liposuction done? I'm seriously considering the abdominoplasty with lipo. I understand each state a maximum amount which can be removed via liposuction. I'm curious to no what SC max volume is?
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

He was forward & straight to the point. He treated me like no job was too big or too small. Thank you Dr. P!