Upper Eyelid - Columbia, MO

Best experience, excellent doctor. Under local...

Best experience, excellent doctor. Under local plus sedative. Had too much skin at 42 looked tired all the time. I think it looks so good already I can't even imagine what it will look like in a few months.

Welcome to RealSelf! I'm assuming, from your pics, that you're on Day 9 now? You look great already. You must be thrilled! :) Do you have dissolveable stitches?

01/18/2011-New photos to try and show small...

01/18/2011-New photos to try and show small complication. Still happy though, eyes look better than before surgery. Also, want to note that my PS alway gets on the phone and answers my questions personally. He also saw me on a Saturday to instruct me on massage.

hi Kristina, I was wondering how your webbing on your eye lid is doing. I have the same thing and am wondering your status? did the cream work?
It is a lot better! The doc recommended cream and massage 2x a day but it was really tender, the cream can thin the skin a lot, so I'm only doing once a day and using Scaraway on them at night during sleep. I think that is why they have you wait so long for revision because things that look wrong improve so much with time and healing. I was going to wait and post six month pics but if I get time sooner I will go ahead and post so you can see the difference.
I still have raised incisions. (I'm 2 months post-op); do you? they are getting a little better, but it seems to be slow moving.

thanks for the quick response, by the way.

Photo Update

I had the upper lid surgery in march
and still have raised scars but my one eye is larger than the other.
How long to wait before having surgery to even up size of eyes?

Photo Update

You look great!! I had this done too about 1.5 months ago and have posted my experience and photos on Real Self too! I too did not like the fact that I looked tired and angry all the time when I feel the complete opposite on the inside.
My incisions are different, he cut higher on one eye. I saw my doc the other day and asked him about it and he said where the incisions are is based on ensuring everything looks the most natural, even, and the eyebrows line up right. So overall, I look symmetrical when I look in the mirror and that's fine, I'm happy with the results.
Hi stonelar

I just had my upper eyelid surgery 3 weeks ago. I have red, raised scars on my incision lines. They're thick. So that's normal.

Also, I have issues witht the assymetry of my eyes too. My left side looks more open. The right is droopy and less open.

I guess I have to wait until I reach the 3-6 months mark to see the final results. That's what my surgeon told me.

How are your eyes?
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Had nausea due to pain killers had to call after hours, Dr. S himself called me back and called in script.