Would Do It Again in a Heartbeat! - Columbia, MO

I am a 24 year old who has lived with large...

I am a 24 year old who has lived with large breasts ever since middle school. Before surgery I was wearing a 38CCC or a 36F. Constant back, shoulder, and neck pain along with frequent headaches. I have one child and that just made my breasts even larger. On top of having pain every day, I would get the stares from people. Finally, I had enough. I luckily have great insurance and they covered the 100% of the procedure.(Healthlink). I am still not sure exactly how much the breast reduction costs but I will update this as soon as I find out. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or if I left out anything you were curious about!

September 20th: Night before surgery. I am super nervous and not sure if I can sleep tonight. Had a dream that I had 4 nipples after surgery. Cannot wait until the procedure is over and I'm on the road to recovery.

September 21st: Day of surgery. Went in early to the outpatient surgical wing of the hospital and was prepped for the procedure. The doctor marked on my breasts and they started the IV. I was a bit nervous so I asked for something. I think they gave me a drug called Versed. After that I don't remember much except for singing a song about unicorns and then I was out.

Post Op: Woke up with a pounding headache (they said this was a normal side effect from the general anesthesia). They gave me medication for that and it went away within a few minutes. Other than that, I felt pretty good. My chest didn't really hurt at all. I did feel a little nauseous and was reluctant to eat the crackers they had in front of me. I did drink a 7-Up though. I did have a little trouble urinating due to the catheter but it went away after the 2nd or 3rd time using the bathroom. The procedure took 3 1/2 hours and I didn't even think about them having to use a catheter. Went home and tried to sleep. Kept waking up every few hours due to all of the fluids they had given me.

September 22nd: Day 1 post op. I was feeling pretty good. The Vicodin they had given me was making me pretty nauseous so I stopped taking it 24 hrs after the surgery and switched to extra-strength Tylenol. Surprisingly I wasn't it much pain at all. I still needed helping getting around but I was feeling pretty good. Still not eating much but trying to drink lots of clear liquids. The nurse told me to take Colace and that I'd thank her later. I recommend this to everyone who goes through this procedure! Got my drains out and noticed the left one was draining quite a bit more. The doctor didn't really say anything so I thought it was normal. Glad to have them out of the way! They are quite a pain.

September 23rd: Day 2 post op. My breasts feel fine, however, the left one is hardening some. I called my surgeon and he said he thinks I may have developed a hematoma. He wants to see me tomorrow morning and if it is serious enough he will have to operate. Praying that it isn't that serious. The last thing I want to do is go back into surgery. My pain is well managed by the extra-strength Tylenol and I am very thankful for that. My energy level has improved but still being very careful. No arm lifting or brisk movement. Mainly watching TV with my legs propped up. Sleeping on my back is getting very old! Thank God for my body pillow and abundance of other pillows.

September 24th: Day 3 post op. I can finally take a sigh of relief! I do have a hematoma in my left breast, however, it does not need to be operated on. The doctor removed the huge ace wrap and I got to put on a regular sports bra with bandages underneath. Feeling great. He wanted me to relax and take it very easy the next couple of days and he will see me back on Wednesday. I am so happy, the last thing I wanted to do is go back under the knife. My next couple of days consists of Toddlers and Tiaras and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. ;)

September 26th: Day 5 post op. Doctor removes the stitches and puts on steri strips. My hematoma is looking better and is liquefying. Couldn't be happier! I got out and buy a new bra, Bali, and it is so extremely comfortable! I would recommend this to anyone recovering. I bought this one at JC Penny's for $22. It sounds a little pricey but definitely worth it. I forgot to ask the doctor how many grams he removed! He said he was going to removed around 500 out of each breast but that was right before surgery. I go see him next Wednesday and will make sure to ask then.

Later that afternoon...BRA BURNING CEREMONY!!! :) :)

...will update more soon! Feel free to comment or ask any questions! So thankful for this community. I remember reading all of the stories and being so encouraged to go through with this surgery. :)

Just wanted to clarify that I was a 38 DDD not a...

Just wanted to clarify that I was a 38 DDD not a CCC (no such thing), sorry guys!!

Day 6 post op: Feeling great. Didn't expect quite...

Day 6 post op: Feeling great. Didn't expect quite this much bruising, but it is mainly on my left side. That breast was slightly bigger, could that be why? Loving my new Bali bra! My breasts are still numb(ish) underneath. I can feel my nipples but not a lot of feeling on the skin underneath. Is this normal? Will it come back soon? The doctor said I could resume normal activities just not aerobics. I have officially lost 4 lbs since the surgery. I'm wondering if my doctor didn't take more than 500 grams from each breast, can't wait to ask. Posting some pics of the bruising on my left side and a few others. Has anyone else experienced bruising like this?

Has anyone used scar treatment and seen...

Has anyone used scar treatment and seen significant results? Just curious, thanks!

Day 6 post op (evening) - For the first time,...

Day 6 post op (evening) - For the first time, feeling a bit of discomfort. Posting another pic of my bruising. I think the numbness is finally wearing off and I'm finally feeling some pain. My left breast has some random shooting pains in it. Has anyone else experienced this? Leftie definitely seems like the "problem child."

One thing I love about my breast reduction is that it lifting my breasts A LOT so you can now tell that I have a waist! It makes me appear thinner. Before, my breasts completely hid the top part of my waist. I'm sure you ladies can relate!

Yesterday (day 9 post op) was pretty rough. My...

Yesterday (day 9 post op) was pretty rough. My left breast started hardening even more, becoming increasingly more painful. I called my PS and he met me at the ER. I live about 40 minutes away. When I talked to him on the phone he said we might need to operate that night on the hematoma. After he looked at me he said that we didn't need to operate, THANK GOD. However, he did stick a needle in both of my breasts to numb them, then he tried to drain the hematomas. It didn't really work, he said they still needed to liquify, right now they are still too hard. He gave me a script for percocet and told me to ice them. He is going to see me back in a week. Very relieved that I don't have to have surgery but still in a lot of discomfort. I thought my hematoma had gotten better but this weekend has definitely proven me wrong. I cannot wait until the hematomas go away (I now have one in my right breast, too). I felt bad for bothering my PS on a Sunday. He is so sweet and understanding though. Has anyone else had issues with hematomas? I'd really like to hear your stories and how your PS handled it! Thanks!
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Seaberg by a few different people. His work is excellent. I was told that he is not just a surgeon but an artist and it is definitely the truth! He is very gentle and patient to answer of all your questions. His staff are wonderful as well! So blessed to have such a great experience! If you live in Missouri or a surrounding state, don't hesitate to make the trip, you will NOT be disappointed. This man is amazing! I think it's important you find a doctor you trust and feel comfortable with, and I trust Dr. Seaberg wholeheartedly. I also like that he doesn't have a fancy office to impress anyone. It's very basic and neat. His results speak for them self. I went to school with two girls who had also went to Dr. Seaberg and they had each had implants and one of them also had a tummy tuck. They looked amazing! Granted, I kind of had the opposite done, but still just as pleased. His website is www.seaberg.info Can't say enough good things about this Dr. Seaberg and his caring staff. October 20th - 4 weeks post op. Hematoma is getting better but still there. Ugh...I think my breasts looked better at 2 weeks post op then they do now. They had a fuller shape to them. Has anyone else went through this? I'm hoping by 9 months they look normal...

omg... you look great! hope my result is as great ! what size are you now...
Hey Ann, Just wondering how you are? Hope all is well; your post-op pics look great (haha kinda like mine with the bandages). Take care of yourself :)
was checking on u to see how u were doing. hope u arent in too much pain this week. i was very bruised too but things for me are sofening up already. ive gotta watch the jiggles when i walk. i had to upgrade my sporty bras to get a bit snugger so no more jiggle.
Hi, you look amazing I'm happy you 're healing well. I'm a week an half post op an my breast have been so swollen with some hard spots inside I try to massage them but they feel the same. Now that I read what you went try I'm definately calling my Ps office. So he can check them out an see if there's a clot or anything that needs his professional attention. Thanks for posting
Hi Ann. I'm checking in to ask how your feeling...I hope your past the discomfort!!!...xoxo
Hey girl! I'm doing much better. How are you?! My hematoma is slowly but surely going away. These things are awful!
Good thing! That sounded awful to deal with...I'm good..my appt is Tuesday so I'll have more details then.I hope I don't chicken out...yours look absolutely fabulous!!!
Was wondering how u were doing since we visit??? U look great And u did have a waistline in there lol
Thanks! I know! Everyone says it looks like I've lost weight now. I'm doing pretty well. The hematomas are still bothering me but hoping they go away soon. How are things with you?
They look amazing! Thanks for the great review,my surgery is 19 Nov,hoping to go from 34 HH to 34D.
Thank you, Maryke! Hoping your surgery goes well. Keep us updated! You will be so glad you made the choice to do it.
I am one week post op and have lots of bruising. my boobs feel very tender and sore which i think is normal. Hope u feel better soon. heat worked for me. everytime i take a shower i let the hot water run down over me and its feels like heaven. Try laying on top of a heating pad just dont put it directly on ur boobies! or maybe a hot water bottle might help. but only leave it on for a few min then take it off again. sorry u are having such pain!
Thanks for the ideas! Sorry you're having such soreness as well. I LOVE SHOWERING! Haha, it feels amazing. Do you have steri strips on? My steri strips have been on for about a week but it looks like they might need to be changed soon. I see my PS next week and I'll ask him about it.
Thank you, Natalie! :)
Thank you, Margie!! I need all the prayers I can get. Feeling better today though but seem to have a bit of a cold. Probably allergies!
Gosh I hope you feel better quickly!!..*HUGS***
Hi Ann, I am so sorry that you are hurting so much, you will be in my thoughts and definitely in my prayers, I a so glad you have a good and caring PS....hope you get relief very soon! Gentle hugs to you!
YOU LOOK AMAZING! I hope this doesn't sound creepy, but I'm going to reference your page often before my surgery for inspiration! Thanks so much for your kind comments- it means a lot that you took time during your recovery to send kind words my way :) Sending good thoughts your way! Keep feeling better- and think of all the cute new things you can add to your wardrobe now!
Thank you so so so so much! That means the world to me! I didn't have as large as breasts as a lot of women in this community have, so my results turned out slightly smaller than some. I feel amazing after having this surgery. I cannot wait to go out and buy cute bras now and not have to shop in specialty stores. I will keep posting pictures! I tried on a 36 D and it fit great. Your breasts have a great shape already so I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the outcome! I'm excited you're having this done. It will change your life and you won't look back and regret it. While I was still trying to make the decision on whether or not to do this, I google a lot of before and after pictures. I even saved them to a thumb drive and took them to my PS office and showed him the ones I liked and disliked. It gave me peace of mind that him & I had the same vision in mind. I highly suggest showing your PS pictures of results you desire! Most of them have a laptop or desktop in the office or patient room that you can put a USB drive into. Hang in there girl, the waiting is the WORST part of it all. :) Keep me updated!
Thank you, Iowa! I just read about your journey the other day and still need to comment. You seem very sweet and a great encouragement to all the ladies in this community! I will definitely check out the ScarZone, $10 is a great price. ...Headed to your page!
Wow, Ann! Your results are terrific! I used ScarZone on my incisions. It is a silicone based cream that my PS recommended. I got it at Wal-Mart for about $10. Though my PS said not to put anything on the incisions until they are completely closed and there is no chance of introducing bacteria to the wounds. Hope you continue to do so wonderfully!
So happy for you! It must be a great feeling being able to fit in the right dress size and have it fit EVERYWHERE.

When did you start walking? I love walking around the track and usually do at least a brisk 2 miles.

I understand not being employed! My daughter & I moved in the summer and I'm still job searching! I've had a couple interviews but no luck yet. Hoping something comes available soon. I would probably be doing office type work as well. As long as there's not a lot of bending or lifting, I'm sure I'll be fine.

He removed some of the black outer stitches before he put the steri strips on. I'm sure I have internal ones as well, though. I can't really tell if he left any external ones in. It kind of hurt when he removed the ones around my nipples and underneath my breasts. Are silicone sheets the same as steri strips?

Have people asked you if you've lost weight? Is your posture better?
Well, I'm by no means skinny (I have a big waist so I will never fit into too slinky dresses) but I do enjoy that for a change, I don't have to settle for clothes that fit my boobs before anything else. It's also nice to be able to wear a button down shirt and not worry about it popping open :)

I am not a serious walker actually but I started walking right after surgery. My surgery was about 2 hours and I didn't have a catheter so when I woke up, they gave me flulids/saline via IV and I had 2 drains. In order to go to the toilet, I had to walk to it. The first 2 days, they gave me a lot of fluids and I drank a lot of water and green tea so I had to go every 2 hours. It didn't hurt but was just inconvenient because I had my drains and was still hooked onto the IV. The day after my surgery, my doctor suggested that I get up and walk around the ward. So I did (IV tube and drains along!). Since then I've decided that I will try to walk around the neighbourhood or city for about 1-2 hours (nothing too vigorous to avoid bouncing) just so that I am not sitting at home everyday.

I was living and working in Japan until end of July. I took time off to travel before coming back to Australia (in August) and the first thing I did was booked an appointment with a plastic surgeon. Many of my friends haven't seen me in years or only just saw me before the surgery so I haven't actually met anyone who's seen my new body except my family (and they all know what I've done and like the difference).

I can't wait to show off my new body to them... but I am very short and do hide my boobs so a lot of people actually didn't realise how big I was. Most of my friends thought I was like a 38C and when I told them I was more like 32F, they were shocked. I do have a small band size but since my cup was always so big, I just looked like a round little midget. I'm excited about wearing a bikini and swimming without looking like I was popping out. I love swimming and it's my passion so it was always depressing because I had trouble finding suits that fit.

I had trouble finding a job too. The market in Australia is also not too hot and I was applying for about 4-6 jobs everyday with hardly any responses!!! I was quite worried and despondent when all of a sudden, I got an interview and offer. I just got lucky that I was offered the job after I had my surgery and the start date is over two weeks after my surgery so I have had time to heal. I really wish you all the best of luck with the job hunting; I was looking for nearly two months without any luck so I know it can be hard...

My posture is so-so - I've had years of hunching and still need to get used to the change of centre of gravity but I think that it is better! I do have some knots in the back from all the sitting around and sleeping inclined for 10 days. I want to get a massage but obviously I can't lie on my tummy just yet so I'll leave that for another couple of weeks.

Things are slightly different for you because you have a kid and you have to take care of her too whereas I just have me to look after. I admire that... you are very strong. I hope that you have family to help you with the recovery. :)

Hang in there; it takes time to heal so just take it easy. I was on antibiotics and a bit of oxycodone for the first 10 days post surgery and the drugs messed with my appetite and health. Made me nauseous so I had to eat small servings of meals and more often than large meals. Now that I'm totally off any medication I feel better and my appetite has improved. You will get lots better; it just takes some time :)
Thank you, Archimedese!

I keep reading about women wearing crop tops after their surgery. I might have to invest in one of those. Good to know that the stabbing pain is part of the pins and needles sensation. Are you exercising now? I'm going to wait another week (only 7 days post op today) until I start working out again. Your post op pics look great!! I would really like to get back to walking a couple miles soon.
The only exercise I do is walking really. I don't want to chance it. I don't think that I can swim just yet (though maybe in another few weeks' time?) and he basically said, "Horseriding would be too extreme and if you do that, you will tear all the internal stitches!" I don't have any gym memberships so the only stuff I'd do is gentle stretching....

I have not been working for the last two months and so I've basically spent everyday going out and walking for some hours along with just relaxing at home. But next week I start a new job and it'll be mostly desk work but I'll be looking forward to getting back to a 9-5 pace.... not being employed for 2 months was great but it did make me a little bored!

As for crop tops, he basically said that the breasts haven't yet reached their final shape and are still swollen so there is no point in spending lots of money for a new bra... I do find that when I try to wear other types of bras, it hurts or annoys the wound so I took his advice and kept to soft bra crop tops; they aren't too expensive and they are comfy. We don't have the bali brand in Australia but your pic looks like my Ambra crop top! Since I don't have the full support yet, I don't want to do heavy exercise that involves a lot of bouncing.

I think that your pics are normal and it's still early days for you. Generally speaking, my doctor told me that I was "relatively young" (haha at 37???), healthy, not overweight and diabetic so I should have a smooth recovery. He told me that none of his patients have ever had any complications and he's operated on older, overweight and diabetic women who had higher risks of complications.

I'm surprised when I read above that your stitches were "removed"? Mine are internal and can't be seen. I just got told that they will take 6 months to dissolve internally and I don't have to worry. I can't wait to start the scar treatment in a week's time; the majority of it is massaging. He provided me with all the silicon sheets.