Implant Exchange Big to Small, NO LIFT. 425cc Saline to 275cc High Profile Silicone. - Columbia, MO

Had my 425s for 11 years and they didn't really...

Had my 425s for 11 years and they didn't really match my frame at a size 4-6. When I had them done 11 years aso the doc talked me into larger than I wanted saying most women regret not going larger. That caused hard to find clothes that would fit my waist and not be too small in the chest.

Day of the surgery and it isn't bad! Just a little sore when I flex and the stiches sting some. I will have a follow up appointment Monday and will get to see them and how they look.

Thought I should add I did not get a lift as the...

Thought I should add I did not get a lift as the doctor thought they were near perfect and did not want to scar them up if not necessary. So I like the idea of seeing how they look without lifting and scaring as well.

4 days out and it's going really well! There is a...

4 days out and it's going really well! There is a sloshing noise so they are far from settled but will post pics when they do. The doctor said it is just from air and solution getting in the pocket when inserting the new implant and the body will absorb in about 10-14 days. Love the feel, it feels like he didn't even put anything in there! Also, I forgot to note that I had the procedure done in his office surgery room because I really don't ever want to go under again as anesthesia and I aren't friends. It was a piece of cake. No regrets as far as not having it done in a hospital.

New photos, I really like how they turned out! ...

New photos, I really like how they turned out! They are much softer and not so overwhelming. Really natural feeling.
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Seaberg has always listened to me and accomodated if he thought it was safe to do so.

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. Your results are wonderful and look really natural. I am also small framed with 320 cc saline under muscle but would like to downsize to 150-175cc silicone or explant all together, as I feel the implants are too wide for my frame. It's so helpful to read and see others experiences.
I had a similar surgery last week and my story is almost identical to yours. I was embarrassed by my large implants for my frame and dressed to hide them. I went from 450 cc saline to 330 cc silicone. It was an exchange under "twilight" sedation and I remember most of the surgery even though I wasn't in pain. I am very happy with the more natural look and feel. I visited another ps who said I would need a lift but my doctor said he didn't feel it was necessary. I will probably write a review as soon as I have my follow up appointment. I have a bit of bruising under one breast but the recovery has been so much easier than the initial augmentation.
RachelleK, Did you have your implant surgery in Nashville? If so ...who was your doctor and are you planning to do a review of the surgery? Can you share the total cost? thanks, grace
Yes, I forgot about reviewing! Dr. Donald Griffin was my surgeon and I highly recommend him. The surgery was at the Atrium at Centennial Medical Center. I look so much better and a lot more natural. I was a size DD and I've gone down to a C/D cup depending in what type of bra. No sagging or any other problems. I'm very happy. The total cost was $4685. (silicone implants were $1650. Operating room was $1035 & surgeon fees were $2000)
You look awesome, and yes, very natural. only $3200 to change implants? is that including the cost of the implant?
Yes. I did not want to go under again so we did it in office. Because a pocket was already formed and it was a simple swap of implants it was possible to not have to be in a hospital for the procedure.
Wow, you new implants look SO natural!!!! I too am looking to switch from a saline to silicone. I have to ask, is the difference really "1000 times better" as some PS tell me. I guess Im looking for confirmation to justify dropping another 5K for yet another surgery
Difference is incredible. By feel I don't think you can tell really.
You were my inspiration from day one and my surgery is tomorrow :). Wish me luck. Bye bye to me 425 salines and welcoming my smaller silicone. I am doing it under general though. I have some cc I. The right breast.
I hope you get the results you want and are as happy as I am with mine!. I had my last follow up with my PS today. The measurements are a whole lot smaller but it feels so different without them up on my chest and in my armpits! My nipples actually measured higher then they were with the 425 salines!
*measurements AREN'T a whole lot smaller.
another downsizer! imtrying to book for jan to go from 400 to 200 range. keep us posted! do you have a review up?
Sgfit, I'm going through the exact same thing as you. I got 400cc in November and I'm planning on exchanging them for 200cc as well. My doctor said she can't do it till In 3 months. It's only been one month and I'm severely depressed. I don't know how I'm going to make it till February. How are you coping with this? I'm so nervous and scared.
I sent you a PM :)
I think the new you is gorgeous! It looks like you were born that size. Fits you well.
Thanks so much! It feels great to be where I am now!
Great results. I want to go from 425 cc saline under muscle to 300-320 silicone gel under. ( I had a 2nd saline rupture). One doc said I would have to have a lift bc it would look like a "rock in a sock". Well you dispelled that notion. My surgery is I. 2 weeks. Hope they look as great!!!
Hope all goes well!! Good luck!
wow you look great! What were your dimensions int he old implant, and what are they now?
thanks. They were Mentor 375cc saline overfilled to 425 and now they are Mentor silicone 275cc High profile. Like them a lot. Now they don't fell like they are up in my armpits and are a lot softer.
I removed my implants with the hopes of being smaller but I am not happy and I am considering smaller implants. I had 300cc saline over the muscle. My ps tells me I can't go much smaller did they do anything to your breast to help with the smaller Implant? I would love to see pics. I want to fix my breast as I am very depress with my results.
flora, if you remember thebrand and size of your salines, you can google "mentor (or allergan) saline implant dimensions" to see the diameter and projection of your implants. then you can try to find something close to the width and projection with your surgeon. They may also perform a capsullorhaphy to tighten your pocket. You don't want to go too narrow though.I am going to switch my 400cc silicone unders to 175-220cc saline unders within the next month or so. I can keep you posted, I am going to write a new topic under revisions
also, if width if more important...allergan has wider implants with less projection, mentor is the opposite. Hope that helps because you can always switch brands :)
one more thing...sorry! Its good to see that you have already attempted the no implant route and feel you are not happy because I was contemplating completely removing but just a month or two ago I reconsidered to just downsizing because I was afraid I would not be ready for no implants anymore. I think I am doing the right decision for me. I really appreciate your help!! I also should have realized before I was writing the other post. If your implants are out, you probably dont have a capsule anymore which mean they could not perform a capsullorhaphy, however if you wait about 4 months or so, your breast pocket should heal and your surgeon can find your BWD and recommend the smallest implant possible. 300 isnt large so even going 175 200 should be OK for your breast. It is a better option to remove fully, heal them reimplant because you are started fresh, unlike me, the surgery is more detailed because we are trying to guess essentially where to go for width.
I just posted after pics. I did not have anything done but them swapped for smaller. I chose as High profile to try to take up more space that was left in the pocket from the larger implant. They even make an Ultra High profile. This take up more space in outward then side to side. Now I don't feel like they are up in my armpits!