43 Year Old with Unsightly Turkey Neck - Columbia, MD

I was self conscious of my turkey neck and had...

I was self conscious of my turkey neck and had been thinking about "fixing it" for some time. I think genetics must play a part, because my weight had always remained stable. I found it increasingly difficult to look in mirrors as I became fixated on this area. Enter a consultation with dr. Eric Chang, who sat with me with the dreaded mirror and truthfully answered each of my questions as to what to expect. He recommended a lower facelift/neck lift with incisions around the contours of the ear lobes and in hair line ( sideburns area) there were also incisions made behind the ears. Liposuction under chin was also recommended .
Your results look great! Thank you so much for sharing! What was recovery like for you?
Thank you! I'm thrilled with the results. Recovery was a little trickier than I had imagined, mostly due to nausea. Ar first, my physician attributed the nausea to my reaction to general anesthesia and to pain meds, but because it persisted, he thinks it was inner ear related. I switched from Percocet to extra strength Tylenol since Percocet only made the nausea worse for me. The neck tightening was a little unsettling, but not too bad. I took arnica pre and post op. Not much bruising, so maybe there is a correlation? Sleeping was not easy as I am a tummy sleeper. I took sleep aids after the first rotten night night of sleep which really seemed to help. The face bra aggravated the nausea, so I only used it as much as I could tolerate. I didn't have too much swelling. I'm almost 3 weeks post surgery and with my hair covering my scars, I certainly look presentable. And looking in the mirror at a younger neck makes it all worthwhile!
Your doctor doesn't offer the surgery without "general"? He is nearby Me and I do love your results but General really scares me for some of the reasons you just posted actually. That seems very cheap with "general anesth" ??? Is this just docs fee? Also, could you post photos of scarring? That is a big factor for me too. Thanks so much.

New pic- 8 days post surgery

3 days post scarring

10 days post surgery

Healing nicely I think

2 days post surgery

Love ur results! Did u get a scar under ur neck
**under ur chin
You look great! Did you get scars up in your hair line behind the ears too? Did he cut the fat or do Lipo? Thanks!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chang has an amazing bedside manner and is nothing short of an artist. He is a skilled surgeon who relates really well to his patients.