Great for Preventative Measures - Columbia, MD

I was reluctant to try Botox, thinking that I...

I was reluctant to try Botox, thinking that I really didn't need it at 26. However, a friend of mine gave it a try and said that it made a huge difference- so I had to try it! I was glad I did!!! My Botox appointment was easy and did not take long at all. The doctor asked me to make "frown" faces to locate the areas that needed the injections. After 5 minutes I was all done. I didn't feel any pain and there was only slight redness around the injection sites. The botox took about 3 days to really take effect and then I noticed how much it changed my forehead - I looked fresh and relaxed and of course could still make facial expressions but without the wrinkles. I'm 100% glad I tried it.

I can't help but to mention that 26 just seems so young to start Botox. I'm 34 and just started it, as the lines were starting to stay when my face was relaxed. Were you noticing that? If not, you might want to hold off until you do. Obviously its not cheap to do, and there are risks associated with it - I say save your money & enjoy your 20-something skin if you can! :)

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Vela was excellent! I felt very comfortable with him and I got all my questions answered. He took the time to explain how Botox works and what results I could expect. The office was beautiful and the staff was great! I'm going to be seeing him for my future tummy tuck consultation too!