Size 38F to ? - Colorado Spring, CO

I started out on the tummy tuck page as I was...

I started out on the tummy tuck page as I was hoping to have that done first, but was informed by my doctor that wasn't going to happen til' I get closer to my goal weight. However he did give me the green light to do my breast reduction. The date of June 27th, 2012 is tentative. I'm waiting on my insurance Co. to approve. Which according to Dr. assistant is pretty much a done deal. Because of my annual deduction I will be paying 2,000.00 out of pocket for this procedure. Totally worth it to me! I am 43 years old, and have had large breasts since I hit puberty. There isn't a time in my life that I can remember being able to buy a bra that wasn't ridiculously expensive or didn't have underwires. I've been self conscious of my breast size since I was a teenager. Having large breast really did a job on my body image. Anyway in a nutshell, I'm excited to have this done. Just wondering what size I'll end up being after surgery.

Posting some pics.

Posting some pics.

Still waiting for insurance approval. Does anyone...

Still waiting for insurance approval. Does anyone else out there have United Health Care? Know how long it might take?
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

I will rate Dr. and everything once I finally have the procedure.

Hi Imares! I also have United Health Care and I'm still waiting for insurance approval as well. I asked for them to submit it three weeks ago...called today and she told me that insurance wanted more information so they had to send pictures and stuff. I don't know why they didn't submit that from the start. The assistant told me the process could take 4-8 weeks. Ugh I hope not because like you I want my surgery in June! Best of luck to you for approval! Here's to hoping that we get approved soon! :)
Thank you Victoria135, My doc typed the letter, and sent the pics with it. I'm looking at the end of June as well, for convenience. My husband will be on vacation the first couple of weeks of July and it would be a lot easier if he's around through the first part of my recovery process. I'll send you positive thoughts through your BR process. I'll let you know when I hear either way, and keep me up to date too.
Welcome, and congrats on your new journey! I don't think a C cup is unrealistic, some women on here have drastic changes, but I think it depends on your communication with your surgeon. We are all rooting for you and here to help you along the way. I'm a newbie myself, but these women make it so easy to feel apart of the family, that's what it feels like, a family...
Thank you AppIewoo can feel the support already. I told my doctor a C and he seemed to think it was possible.

Welcome, Imares! Thanks for sharing your review.  What size are you now and what size are you hoping to become? I feel so much better since I had my surgery 8 months ago and it has made a huge difference in my mobility and activity level. I bet you will find that losing weight is tons easier after the surgery. Keep us posted on your journey!
Hi Iowa71, I'm currently a 38 F/DDD. Realistically, I'm hoping for a D or Large C? Not sure if a C cup is realistic. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm excited to see what running will feel like without having to wear 2 bras. I'll post as I go.

A C-cup would be great! I started as an H-cup and am down to a DD. Have had a bit of lipo trying to reduce a bit more and am hoping to be at least a D when I go back to see the PS.

I had never run in my adult life, but since February I've been on the treadmill almost every day. This surgery really has transformed my life! You are going to be amazed at the difference it makes!

Wow, congratulations on your green light for your breast reduction and the insurance picking up a bulk of the bill. There are tons of great stories here in the BR community. Here's a link to other women in your age group who are also getting or have gotten breast reductions to support you along the way. Thanks for sharing your story and keep us posted on your updates!

Thank you Alicia, I know over the next couple of months, I'll be preoccupied with having the BR done. So reading about and talking to other women is comforting.