Explantation Under Local Anesthesia - Colorado Springs, CO

Amazing I paid less to do this under versed and...

Amazing I paid less to do this under versed and fentanyl and let me tell you well worth it. Was a small B before implants 10 plus years ago had 375cc and with gaining some weight I was a DD for the past 5 years. I am now a full c natural and did not need a lift. Easy procedure and healed with in a week. love my natural look.

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Went to 3 consultations and did 6 months research to make sure I was ready. Look at pics it helps I knew what to expect.

Christiana, I live in Colo Spgs too and have been considering explantation surgery.I got 350 cc saline implants 4 years ago and have had numerous health problems since. I'm not blaming the implants - I think I'm creating a psychological illness. I didn't get them done for myself, I got them done bc my boyfriend loves large breasts. Every year I dislike them more, and am ready to have them removed. I had an explant consult with the surgeon who originally did them and the cost was 5k. Dr. Spiers was one of my original implant consults and because of your feedback I'm comfortable going to him for explant surgery. Thanks soooo much for posting this!
ZenJen it's been a year since your post, how are you doing? I go to see Dr. Spiers on Jan 13 and am in much of the same situation. I got the implants to please my husband and really can think of a million other ways I could have spent the money. Like you I hate them more and more each day and can't wait to get them out.
i'm now 3 weeks post-explant surgery, and everything is going well! i have pretty much the same to report as you - procedure was quick and painless, a little bit of a shock at first but looking better every day! hope this is helpful for anyone considering an explantation.
thanks! i'm glad you told me that :)
i'm having my explant procedure on dec. 6 with my original surgeon in florida. i will let you all know how it turns out! :)
Tarah45. I would like to wish you the best of luck Im sure everything will be fine and just remember what you initially see after explantation isnt what you end up with as they get better and better each day as the whole breast and tissue reshapes again. :)
Hi Victoria3531,
I didnt have any capsules that im aware of so they didnt need to be removed. I always had smaller breasts anyway so that hasnt really bothered me as thats how I prefer them. From what I have read removing capsules can take away some breast tissue and for that reason I wouldnt have had a capsulectomy as I didnt want to lose what tissue I had. Good luck with your future decision in the future.
hi, i am thinking of going to your surgeon. i just had a consult with a surgeon in hawaii, and the cost would be $6100 plus tax! i have 225cc saline implants, and very little scar tissue (they are nice and soft - just too big for me!) question - did Dr. Speirs remove the capsule (scar tissue) as well as the implant? the doc here claims that all of the capsule/scar tissue needs to be removed, that it takes longer than putting in implants, thus the cost. would appreciate a reply, thanks!! tara
Hi Tarah. Im from the UK. My implants were removed in 15 minutes under local anaesthetic with no sedation. Like you I just didnt like them because I felt they were too big. They were 310 silicone and over the muscle. I only required the implant removed. My recovery has been exceptional and was back at work the next day. My breast are lovely and soft. The whole proceedure was completely painless and it cost £800. I would certainly get a second opinion as your case sounds exactly like mine. I dont regret having them removed at all and my daughter thinks they look even better than before I had implants put in. Hope that helps!
thanks, newbaby1, it definitely helps. i have contacted two surgeons on the west coast (seattle and colorado springs) plus two others on maui, six in honolulu, plus my original surgeon in florida. hoping to stay in hawaii but willing to travel to find the right doc. glad to hear your procedure went well!! :)
hi newbaby1. my surgeon in florida will do the explant for me for $1300, so i am thinking of making the trip there. how you are doing after your procedure? curious - did your doctor wrap up the breasts and place a drain afterward? i've been reading the surgeons comments on here, and they all seem to have different opinions about what is necessary. thanks :)
Hi tarah45. Im doing great. Had no pain, no removal of capsules, no seroma and breasts looking better every day. In fact two of my friends say they look better than before I had implants. I had no special aftercare for my breasts, no wrapping or drains. I just massage them daily. Im ten days now and the scars look amazing already. I honestly cant believe how good things are. I would certainly recommend just having implants only removed. Hope that helps :)
thanks! i'm very happy for you that everything turned out so great! i can't believe that so many of the surgeons insist on doing the capsulectomy no matter what the patient's situation. it's been a somewhat frustrating and confusing process getting information, so i'm very grateful to you for sharing your experience.
Yes its very confusing. I went through the same process and made my decision on the information given to me. My PS was very confident and I felt I could trust his judgement. You must remember that the surgeons do make money out of this so you have too bear that in mind. Im sure you will make the decision that is right for you. Good luck!!
Hi newbaby1 I'm wondering - did you have capsules and were they left in giving you more volume? I had a capsulectomy and implant removal in Sept. Now I have very small breasts and considering what to do. It's hard to find a padded bra that gives any shape- I finally got one in a mastectomy shop and have an insert in the one side. I feel a lot better- no hard lumpy chest but maybe I will augment again.
so glad to read your comment, I had implants done 6 years ago, too large then, trouble with left capiluation, now gained weight so they are dd, I hate, my husband hates.. so I am removing next Thursday at 8:00 am..had gone in this thursday to replace left implant, knew it wasn't the answer, just temporarily fixing something I didn't like to begin
I had mine removed on monday under local and it was very quick and painless. fifteen mintes at the most. They just look like they did more or less before I had my implants put in two years ago. Just a little droopy but nothing im too worried about just glad too feel me again. Good luck x

Hooray for natural! I'm glad you were able to get them outta there.