Saved Me! - Coeur D Alene, ID

I had struggled with bad acne on my face back and...

I had struggled with bad acne on my face back and chest since I was 12. I would layer on the concealer and tried all the magical washes and oral prescriptions. NOTHING phased my hideous skin. I was so ridiculously depressed. I went to extreams and starting self mutilating my body because I thought I was a monster.
About 7 months ago I got on accutane (side effects warnings did not phase me because I was doing more self damage at this point) although even after the first 4 months of terrible side effects as well as bad skin....they uped my dose and extended my time.

... I now have CLEAR and PRETTY skin alllllllll over and I don't mind my bf seeing me without caked on makeup! ;)

Although accutane is a pain to take and has annoying side effects, it is SO WORTH IT!!!

Shannon

Closest location. Good reviews. My last apt with my Derm Dr. I was teary eyed with gratitude! I even went and bought her favorite coffee!

Oh and what dose were you on and for how long?
Did you use Bio Oil while on accutane? I'm currently on it and I have no active acne at the moment, but a lot of scars. Does it clog pores?
I dont know if your still on here but you are in my area. and our wintes can dry the skin all by itself. You have had AMAZING results from your picture! What did you use for a face moisturiser while on it?
The brand I used is called Simple, i got the 12 hr rich mosturizer i believe. it is in a white bottle with green accents. Serious savior for my peeling skin while on the medicine! Switch to a lighter mosturizer (if any at all) after you have been off the drug to keep the oil ducts clean and clear! Gook luck! :)

Wow..I am so very happy for you trust me. I have been suffering too long! I am also starting with accutane and looking at your pictures I got my hope back that it is possible. So Thankyou and you are really pretty.. Now Shine :))

Do you have any scarring left?? Did you find that your scars healed with accutane if any?
Some scarring. Progressively going away since I have been off the medicine. I try to put Bio Oil on my face every night before I go to bed. I feel it has really helped to even out my skin tone :)

WOW! What a great thing to read! I am so glad that you were able to tolerate the medicine fine and get such fantastic results!! You look great!

What would you say was the worst side effect you experienced while on it?

Dry dry dry lips! plus stay away from the sun and minimize alcohol use... I used to get red bloody spots on my body from too much of the two.

Oh ouch, that sounds painful! Avoiding the sun makes sense, but I didn't realize you needed to minimize alcohol intake as well - good info!

Well, I was not a fan of the extra weight gain from required birth control, and I felt like a snake shedding its skin for 6 months! ... If I would even have a sip of alcohol or go out in the sun I would get red scaly patches that fell off and bled.... Kinda gross

That would be kind of scary, I would think. I'm glad you knew the sources though, so you could avoid them.