Regretting a Large Tattoo - Cleveland, OH

I rarely do anything impulsive, but when I do, of...

I rarely do anything impulsive, but when I do, of course it has to be something permanent. I feel like an idiot. I got a very brightly colored quarter sleeve tattoo. It's not even finished yet and I'm regretting it. I've cried almost every day since I got it. So, I have 3 consultations scheduled for laser tattoo removal. One is very close to me, the other is the hospital system I work for which would probably give me a discount, and the soonest appointment is 3 hours away, but it's the closest office with the Picosure laser. I've done a lot of research, and it seems that the Picosure is my best chance of removing my purple, green, and light blue colors. Why couldn't I have just gone with a plain black design? Oh, well. It's done now and I can't take it back, so I have to move forward!

Treatment number one!

I had my first treatment with the Picosure today. I expected it to be awful since it's a almost a half sleeve, but it was tolerable even without any numbing cream. She was pretty optimistic about the removal. My light blue and green parts have already faded significantly after one treatment. There's already some fading in the black, too. She may have to use a different laser for the red and purple, but she thinks she can get rid of those colors, too. I'm feeling really good about it! Definitely confident that I'm doing the right thing.

Day after

I'm unwrapped now, and so far I'm pleased. No bruising, swelling, or blistering at all. There is very significant lightening of my teal and green, decent lightening of the dark purple, and surprisingly, my red lightened up a little, too. Wasn't expecting the Picosure to touch the red. It hasn't done anything to the pink, but my technician said she may have to play around with a few different lasers to get the different colors out. Feeling optimistic!

Second day

Now I have tiny blisters in the green and blue. I'm slightly swollen, too, but still not very painful. I would say it's similar to a very mild sunburn.

Finally getting some pictures up

Here's the progress so far. I'm keeping the purple flower on my shoulder, and may end up keeping the pink and purple daisies at the top, too. I hate the red one, and the bottom purple one is beautiful, but just too big and I don't think it goes with the top flowers.

Second treatment done!

I had my second treatment last week. She was impressed with how well I healed, so she really turned up the laser this time. It definitely hurt worse, even with numbing cream. I still barely blistered. Just like last time, it was slightly sore for a couple days after, and then back to normal.
I'm getting used to having all this ink, now. I've decided to keep the top three flowers, and just get rid of the red one and the giant purple one. I will still need to have it finished, which will have to wait until after the laser treatments. I'm very impatient, so it's hard to wait!

5 treatments done!

OK, I've been slacking. I had my 5th treatment on Tuesday, and boy was it rough. She introduced the Medlite on treatment number 4 for the red and dark purple. She's been hitting the purple with both lasers, and the Medlite really takes out the red. I had some decent blistering this time, so I hope it fades even more! I haven't had a lot of blistering until now, but I have seen fading every time. We're going 8 weeks between treatments now, because I see more fading in between that way. I'm excited to get my remaining 3 flowers finished, so I'm going to set up an appointment with a couple tattoo artists to get some ideas flowing. So excited to see it finished! I know I still have several treatments to go. It's hard to be patient, but it will be worth it.

Six treatments done

It's been a while since my last treatment. I've noticed that the fading continues for over two months! I'm scheduled for my next appointment July 8th. My last one was end of March, so it really has been a while! The last treatment I had my first REAL blisters. It was pretty gross, but the results were amazing. I'm afraid to have her turn up the lasers again. Maybe I'll just keep the same settings....
Skin and Vein Center

Jen does my treatments at the Sterling Heights, MI office. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Jen called me before my appointment to answer all of my questions and give me an idea of how much it would cost. They also scheduled me for my consultation and first treatment on the same day since I live far away. They also have several different lasers, as well as the Picosure, so they can customize your treatment. I definitely recommend them!

Wowh you give me hope as I search the forum reviews in my state of tatoo depression
haha WillG, I was going to write the same thing- all I could think was- Holy crap!!!! Amazing results- congratulations and thanks for sharing your progress. it is so inspirational!
Holy crap! The results from the last treatment are stunning!!
Wow, amazing results, so glad you shared! Good luck on your next session.
wow! awesome results, even on the red. So encouraging :-) I very strongly agree with your decision to wait longer between sessions. I did so unintentionally and noticed the bulk of fading happening a couple months after the treatment. Your story seems to be the same. Please keep posting. Cant wait to see the end result.
Hey there, just checking in to see how you are making out, any update for us?
Amazing prgress! If you don't mind me asking.. how old was your tattoo?
Only a couple months
Any recent updates or are we still only at 5 treatments. I'm thinking to get mine removed
I'm still at 5 treatments. Next one is in March. I'll post a pic just before that treatment after it fades more.
Ok cool beans thanks
How many of your 5 treatments have been just picosure and how many have been medlite/picosure combination?
First 3 with just Picosure, 4th and 5th with both lasers.
Really good fading :) are you going for full removal or lighten to cover?
I would like full removal, but I'll see how it goes. I'm keeping the top three flowers, so I will have to get that part finished when the rest is removed. My laser technician is optimistic for full removal. I've only had 5 treatments, so I need to be patient!
Oh that's cool -I was actually wondering about the top flowers. I actually think the whole tattoo is nice. Hope everything works out for you, and if yo have to get a cover up that is cool to. I know for me, I will have to - so I am planning it out...not sure when I will start, I may have another treatment - such a long process :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hey there, just checking in to see how your removal is going.
Going well! Just put some new pictures up. Thanks!
Hi pixie did picosure have effect on your bottom flower ?
The dark purple and green have faded significantly in just 3 treatments
hi pixie. got any pictures of the fading? thanks for your review though. helping a lot!!!
Thanks for the updates.
Do you have pics of the tattoo after the 2nd treatment
What clinic are you having your treatments done at?