Mini Lift with Maximum Impact - Cleveland, OH

Dr. Richard Gentile discussed my situation...

Dr. Richard Gentile discussed my situation honestly and realistically with me, then performed my mini lift under local anesthesia (my choice). The results were absoplutely beautiful, completely natural and have lasted quite well for five years. At the same time as my lift, Dr. Gentile revised a scar I had sustained in an automobile accident years ago that made me very self conscious. Again, the results are beautiful. Give yourself sufficient time to heal after surgery, follow post-op instructions to the letter, and you will be very happy with your final results. Remember, THIS IS SURGERY. Some numbness can last up to a year as the nerve endings regenerate. That is NORMAL. Likewise, scar tissue takes time to remodel and fade, but Dr. Gentile places his incisions in inconspicuous areas, making healing and reaching the final results a much more pleasant experience .

Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

I did my research carefully, and after my consultation with Dr. Richard Gentile, I was absolutely certain I had chosen wisely and well. Dr. Gentile has the eye of an artist, is multiply licensed and is an ear, nose and throat doctor as well as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, so he literally know the anatomy of the human head inside out. You only have one face: put it in the hands of a doctor who who knows what he is doing. Never go bargain hunting for a plastic surgeon; do it right the first time around. A little tidbit: Dr. Gentile made guest appearances on the t.v. show Dr. 90210, but you don't need to go to Hollywood to see him!

It looks like you had pretty great bone structure to begin with, but I'm glad you're happy with your results. Thanks for sharing!

I stacked three pillows into the shape of a wedge. You don't have to sleep sitting up, just elevated. Because you will be wearing the elastic chin wrap at night, the side of your face is somewhat protected (unless you dislodge the wrap while sleeping). The important thing is not to smoosh your cheek into the pillow or put any extra tension on the incision sites. Avoid any kind of pressure: a soft pillow next to your head works best, but not so fluffy and big that it envelopes your face. It really is a lot more manageable than it sounds.
Thanks so much. I may get in touch again if I need some moral support :)
Is it possible to see a "before" photos? Thanks
I just posted before/after photos from the front: I have no profile "before" photos.
What a great job! I'm wondering if you were able to sleep on your side during recovery or if it was too painful. Also, did you need to keep your head elevated during sleep - if so, for how long? Thanks!
You are supposed to keep your head elevated and sleep on your back for a month after surgery, plus wear an elastic wrap around the chin (almost like post-op sculpting). You don't want your new face to shift around and heal in a bad position. Remember, the skin is literally lifted off the underlying tissue during surgery and it needs to reattach during healing. This is why I said it is absolutely imperative that you follow post-op instructions to the letter. As far as pain goes, there really is none after the first few days. I took prescription pain meds the first two days and then Tylenol after that.
I'm a side sleeper and not sure that I'll be able to sleep on my back...it's actually a big consideration for me. Thanks for your quick reply!
I am also a side sleeper, so I worked out a way where I could curl up and still keep my face off the pillow. I also bought a memory foam mattress pad beforehand and that seemed to help a lot. You just can't put tension on the incision areas around your ears (don't want to stretch them) or smoosh your face against the pillows, if you want the best possible results. Keeping your head elevated helps prevent swelling, but also helps stop you from rolling onto your side. Like I said, I managed and I am a hard-core side sleeper.
This is reassuring. Did you use a regular pillow? I haven't used a regular pillow for years and the pressure on what I do use is right on those spots where the incisions would be. I was thinking one of those back rest/bed rest pillows with arms would keep me elevated (Target and BB&B has them).
You are gorgeous!!! I can't believe how youthful you look at 58, 5 years after the surgery. It's like the clock stopped. x
Thank you! I give the credit to Dr. Gentile, clean living and God. I can't stress how important it is to find the right surgeon, and mine is fantastic!

Wow, you look great. Your skin and jawline are so smooth! Congrats on your results.

Thank you. The great thing is that after nearly five years, I look pretty much the same now as I do in the photos, except the scars have all faded (even though they were barely visible when the photos were taken). As I wrote before, it is imperative to research a doctor and not go bargain shopping when it comes to your face. It's fun being nearly 58 and having a nice, tight jawline and smooth skin.
You look great! :-)
Hi, just wanted to know if you're still having numbness? When did the numbness go away post-operatively?
The numbness lasted on my upper cheeks for quite a while; close to a year, but it has been almost five years now and all sensation is exactly as it was before surgery. Other areas of my face returned to normal more quickly. It's not a big deal as it doesn't affect muscle movement, facial expressions, eating or any other motor activity. It's just a superficial lack of sensation when you draw your finger across that area. But, the sensations all do return with time.

Those are great tips and sound advice, practicemakesperfect. With the mini lift, I think people aren't always prepared for the surgical aspects of it... expecting only the "mini" part, if that makes sense.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please keep us posted. We'd love to see pics too, if you feel comfortable posting them.