Tummy Tuck Abdominal Plasty - Clarksville, TN

I am 49 years old, 5'2 and weighed 127 the day of...

I am 49 years old, 5'2 and weighed 127 the day of the procedure. I worse a size 4 - 6 depending upon the brand. I had two sections with babies weighing 10.5 lbs, 22 inches long, and 9.0 lbs, 21 inches long in 1986 & 1988. Although I wore a size 4 - 6 my stomach always caused me distress. I felt obese.

The day before the tummy tuck I filled my pain meds and antibiotics. I purchased Atkins high protein foods (I am a diabetic and eat a high protein low carb diet) I also have Hashimoto's which makes loosing weight a nightmare. I eat 1500 - 2000 calories a day and burn 800-1000 on the elliptical each day. I also workout to Jillian Michael's 30 day shred 4 days a week. I have kept this routine for 15 months.

I purchased two size medium, firm-fitting tunics/shapewearers@ Belks (they did not have shorts built in size I find the shorts to be a nightmare). I bought Bali brand instead of Spanx since the two I purchased normally cost $42 each and they were on clearance for $9.99. They fit as snug as a Spanx and I was very happy with the cost and results. I also purchased a package of Hanes "wife-beaters" to wear under my binder after week one. I had known, I would have purchased castor oil or another mineral oil to help with constipation. The constipation during week one was a nightmare, far worse than any sort of pain, and I did not take anything stronger than Tylenol. See below.

The day of my surgery I felt great. My daughter flew in from Texas and was my care taker. The doctor came into the room 30 minutes before the procedure and marked my stomach. He had me wear the lowest riding panties that I normally wear so that he could mark my stomach and make sure the incision would be covered. I woke up feeling tired but pain free. My daughter & daughter-in-law said I was loopy and out of it.

Day 1:
I slept throughout the day except when I took hydro-codeine. The medication made vomit and the from vomiting was nightmare. Far worse than the incision. I knew immediately that I would not be taking the meds again. I did walk for five minutes every two hours in order to prevent blod clots. I had two drainage tubes, that produced 25 cc of fluid or less each day. They came out day nine when only 6 cc of fluid was discharged.

Day 2:
I could stand up straight without bending, that concerned me. The doctors office called to ask how I was doing and they said it was nothing to worry about. I drank chicken broth throughout the day along with Atkins protein drinks. I took Tylenol every four hours for day 2 through 4. The Tylenol caused unmerciful constipation. I still waked five minutes but changed it to every hour.

Day 3-4:
Tylenol every five to six hours, chicken broth, protein drinks and walking. Why am I not in immense pain? Why can I stand up straight?

Day 5:
No pain killers. Walking ten minutes each hour.

Day 6:
F/U the doctor left the drainage tubes in since the color was still reddish. Although they were draining less than 10 cc of fluid each in a 24 hour period. At this time I started wearing the "wife-beaters" under the binder. The incision looks great.

Day 9:
Drainage tubes were removed! Yay!!! I feel great, like I never had surgery.

Day 14:
I spoke to the doctors office and was given permission to walk. I walk five miles a day, 2 1/2 in the morning and 2 1/2 in the evening.

Day 25:
F/U with PS. Everything looks great. Still swollen. The left side does not curve as much as the right side. This may be because I am still swollen or my hips are out of line. I wear size four the sixes are two large in the waist, stomach area. I asked the PS about using the elliptical and was given permission to use it as long as I take it easy.

Day 26:
Started using the elliptical 40 minutes and burned 450 calories on level 4. I am going to keep it at 450-500 until week six and I will up it to 800-1000 again.

Concerned about the left side not having the same amount of curve as the right!

I would love a BBL next year. How much body fat does one need to have this surgery?

Bruising

As you can see, I had very little bruising. I do hope that the lower abdominal area gets smaller. I am not sure if its fat or swollen. I also wonder what type of exercises will help with keeping the shape, I would love six pack abs but I am not sure if that is possible since having the surgery. My other concern is when I went to my pre-op appointments I was told to suck in and that I would be as small as that; well, I am not. I can still suck in a good 1.5 inches in my upper abs. Should I be worried?

Day 28, week 4

Binder: I wear the binder 12 hrs & my shapewear the other 11.5 hours.

Sleep: I started sleeping on my sides but noticed bruising so I stopped. I sleep fine on my back.

Exercise: I workout on the elliptical for an hour.

Diet: continuing with my high protein low carb. Myfitnesspal app indicates between 1200-1300 calories for the past week. It's an amazing app and free!
Clarksville Plastic Surgeon

The doctor spends very little time with his patient. He seems curt. At 3.5 weeks I addressed the fact that my left side does not curve in like my right side and his reaction was... "it's not my fault, maybe your hips aren't aligned." I feel like he should know if my hips were out of alignment and not blow me off.