Facial Mole Removed - Claremont, CA

I consulted with three dermatologists and a...

I consulted with three dermatologists and a plastic surgeon regarding a large mole I had on my right cheek. The dermatologists all suggested to shave off the mole, but I was hesitant to do so because they told me they weren't sure what the skin would like underneath the mole and there was a chance it could grow back (ew). The plastic surgeon recommended making an incision and cutting out the mole completely so there was no chance of regrowth, which I did not want. I would be left with a permanent small scar though. After thinking it over for a while, I decided to go with the plastic surgeon. I had heard of him from RealSelf and saw the pictures he had done removing facial moles, so I felt pretty confident with my decision to have him perform the procedure.

The actual procedure took probably less than an hour and was painless since he numbed the entire area. He had me smile many times before marking the lines on my face where he would make the incisions, that way the scar would heal in a natural position on my face. We were chatting while he was doing his work but I made sure not to mouth my face too much. He warned me in the consultation that I would need to wear a band-aid over the area for at least six months, since the sun would have an affect on the way it healed. So once he was done, he put a large bandage on my cheek and I was good to go. I couldn't get the area wet for about a week, which was very difficult to do when taking a shower.

It's been about eight months now and it has healed very well. I was pretty good with wearing the band-aid all the time because I wanted the scar to heal nicely. I'm happy with the results and no longer feel self conscious about showing that side of my face. I have a tiny, white line now instead of a big mole and I wouldn't have it any other way.
The result looks great. A big mole really hides your beauty. You must be looking beautiful now. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Better a small, white scar than a mole, right? I think you look fabulous!

Thanks for sharing your story, Rachel. You look great! Did you really wear a bandage for 6 months like Dr. W requested?

Claremont Plastic Surgeon