Riding Thru the Storm - Clackamas, OR

I had the CO2 Laser procedure done yesterday. I...

I had the CO2 Laser procedure done yesterday. I am not one for vicodan or valium so I chose a different pain med - that wouldn't make me fuzzy. The procedure was kinda painful, in different areas of the face more than others. About an hour after the procedure and all of the cool towels, I was able to drive myself home. I got home, and in about 4 hours or so, my face started getting more and more puffy..... It has gotten worse .... the pain meds are good for the pain - but more personally, I am more bothered by the swelling around the eyes. I told my friends that it looks like I got an extremely bad sunburn and then fell face first into a bee hive.
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Doctor and staff were great! Made every effort to ensure my comfort and have called to check up on my progress.

Why did he use a less effective strength on yours crows feet. Did it help at all?
I think it is probably because the skin around the eyes is a bit more sensitive. I didn't get the results on the crows feet that I was hoping for but have talked about them re-treating those areas. My crows feet are there, whether I am smiling or not, there are other options like Botox, which I am going to try that first to see if that resolves the problem.
I am 2 months out since the procedure. Initially, my reasons for going thru this was because of the crows feet and the lines that were developing around my mouth. Those things made me look old! I must admit - it did hurt - they do everything they can to assist in your comfort, but, lets face it, no pain not gain. The doctor used a different strength on the areas around my eyes and I did not get the results that I had hoped for - in that area, but the lines around my mouth are gone and the texture of my skin is much better than before. I was pretty red still in the areas along my chin after one month and even now, after 2 months, you can still see the lines from the treatment, but it has lessened. I can cover it up easier with bare minerals makeup.
Any updates/ pics? Considering co2
Thank you so much for your review! I also think I will ask for the Anaprox, the other things do nothing for me then make me feel like I'm in outer space. Can't wait to see your pictures!! Happy Healing!!!
I used Anaprox - a prescription strength of Aleve - naproxen sodium. I hate the fuzzy feelings of things like vicoden.... It has been my go-to med when I have had pain from dental stuff or medical procedures. They did use the lidocaine around my face to kill the pain. I have been taking pics thru the process, and will post them in a week or so. It has only been 4 days. The swelling is down considerably. Ice and cool cloths have helped. Starting to get the itchies..... mostly around the mouth and chin. The gunk that I am slathering on my face for moisture is thick like vaseline - and my hair is well greased.... looking forward to washing my hair.....

Hey there :) Thanks for the info, I have not heard of Anaprox before, glad it worked well for you. Happy healing, remember to drink lots of water and provide your body with excellent nutrition!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. What did you opt for to reduce the pain during the procedure?