38 Yr Old Mother of 3 Tumescent Lipo to Arms, Abdomen, Flanks, and Back

Have tried for over a year and 1/2 to loose weight...

Have tried for over a year and 1/2 to loose weight especially around the stomach and arms. Had my left ovary removed four years ago and it seems no matter what I can't get rid of those areas. Lost 20 lbs but been at a stable weight for over a year now, 5'5 155. I'm still loosing slowly especially my legs and butt, but I have decided to give myself some motivation and self confidence, especially since the last 3 yrs of my life have been all about my 8 yr old diabetic son, (who I love more than anything and he inspires me by his strength).

4 days postop

I had originally posted all my progress in the breast lift section since I had been considering it too, but decided to wait til next year. Then realized this is where I need to be documenting my progress :). My surgery was 3/20 and was uneventful, painful but manageable with the pain pills and Lyrica. I had a total of 6.45 liters removed. Still very sore and stiff. Feels like my skin is stretched thin and burns. My weight today was 159.6 which is up from 154.8 preop. Have lost 6" from around my belly button, 2" around my hips, .5" under my bust, and 2" off my arms. Can't wait til the swelling and bruising go down. But every time I look in a mirror I smile and envision myself wearing something tight fitting :).

Saw the dr for 1st postop appointment today.

Everything went well. Dr Vennemeyer was excited and happy with how I was recovering, considering my age and the fact that I had 3 children prior! :) Still a lot of swelling and bruising, especially in my arms. He's so sweet and gentle natured I'm really going to miss him! He told me he was surprised by the amount of fat he took from my arms, and verified what I've been saying for years, he took 500 ml out when the norm is 200-300! So anxious for the pain, bruising, and swelling to go down, I foresee tank tops and tube tops in my future! :)

Down from a size 10/12 to a 6/8!

2 weeks out and my recovery is going well, besides the itching. Benadryl has been a must. So far I am thrilled with my results, I can actually start to see my stomach muscles! Bruising is almost completely gone and just a residual amount of swelling. Will post pics soon. Back to dr Wednesday for another postop check. Weight is down to 152!

Went for another postop apt today.

Saw the dr today, says I'm doing great! Down from a size 10/12 to a 6/8! Start endermologie Monday. Been upping the deep massage and it really helps with the pain and lumps. Can't wait for summer. :)
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Dr Vennemeyer was sweet, kind, thoughtful, very thorough in his description of the procedure and side effects, and did everything possible to insure the smallest amount of pain possible. Sad that he is moving his practice to Texas in May.

Awesome...do you have any updated pics? I am worried about sagging skin after, I have very similar look as you, and fear a tummy tuck:(
I have slight amount of looseness to my arms but dr thinks it will tighten up. My stomach is pretty tight but I had no stretch marks on my abdomen going in and I think that's one of the biggest factors on wether your skin will retract along with age and abdominal muscle separation . I saw the dr last week and they are suppose to be sending me my before and after pics, so as soon as I get them I'll post :).
I have a few stretch marks not many but I do fear abdominal muscle separation...I go for a consult today to find out. I will be devastated:( I do not want a tuck....I heard lipo is actually worse though...
Hot damn get it sexy. 2 dress sizes down and you arent even working out fully yet. Thats awesome. Now you tell me about benadryl. Lol I was using anti itch cream.
:), thanks! I've started walking about 2-3 miles every other day again. Taking it slow. Even just 1-2 Benadryl caps has helped the itching, which I'm now almost over thankfully. I have sensitive skin anyways and generally take Allegra daily for it.
You look great im.glad.to find someone my same age same sx.xcept. I didn't get my arms.done and around the same time. And in the states. Im.now 4 days post op. I love my results as well Im.not sure my inches are that much as im waiting 1wk to measure. I was a bit concerned when I see all the post of the younger ladies going oversea to the Dominican Republic. And their post op pics. Happy to have a real twin with our similar expectations. Thank you for sharing
Happy to hear from you and glad to know there is someone out there around my age. I don't understand the overseas surgeries but my price is a factor there. In all truth my arms have been the hardest part of the recovery so far with swelling coming and going, but I know the end result will be worth it and hope the same for you! :)
Wow you have already lost so many inches and are probably still swollen!  Thanks so much for posting a lipo review, I can't wait to follow your healing journey and see your final results.  How is your recovery going with also being a mom?  Welcome to the Lipo Community :)
Your welcome :)! I go see Dr. Vennemeyer tomorrow and interested to see how he thinks my recovery is going. I'm very bruised and swollen all over. My kids are all older 21,13,8 and on spring break right now, taking care of their momma. So thankful for them. Can't wait to get out and do some clothes shopping. My shirts have never fit me right because they were a 2x while everything else was a large/medium! Thank you for the welcome!
My arms were a 2x, stupid spell check lol.
That is so sweet that your kids are taking care of you!  I'm glad you are healing nicely and aren't experiencing any complications.  Clothes shopping will be so much fun once your swelling goes down!  And just in time for cute summer stuff :)