Schedualed for Consult on January 18 - Cincinnati, OH

Two c-sections with twins who were 8.14 and 7.14...

Two c-sections with twins who were 8.14 and 7.14 and a single birth of 12.1. Lost 110 lbs since 5/9

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

After two c-sections with very big babies (twins 7...

After two c-sections with very big babies (twins 7.14 and 8.14 and a 12.1 single birth) I have had very loose abdominal skin. I was up to a weight of 256 in April of 2010 when I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis. This is a diesease that paralizes the stomach. My doctor tried all the "normal" treatments and none of them worked. During the period of April 2010 and May 2011 I lost about 50 lbs and my doctor decided to do a RNY gastric bypass as a treatment for the gastroparesis. My surgery was May 9, 2011 and I currently weigh 150 lbs which is pretty normal for me at 5'8.

I have wanted the tummy tuck since my youngest son was born and now that Ive had the weight loss I dont want to wait any more.

My consult is schedualed for January 18, 2012 at the University of Cincinnati residency clinic. I am being consulted on a tummy tuck and possible breast lift. (I had a breast reduction in Sept 2010 and went from a DDD to a C)I am nervous about the residency clinic but with the price difference ($4000/$8000) I cant turn it down.

I am also nervous about any presurgy testing they might do. Since I have been sick with the gastroparesis for so long my poor body is very run down :)

Right now Im in a size 8 but once I get all this skin removed I should be in a 4 since I wont have to "tuck in" my tummy!!

Wow that is an amazing weight loss!  Congratulations.

I do understand about the cost but please make sure to have three consults with different doctors if possible.   I hate to see people settle based on price.  This is a big surgery and you need to be totally comfortable and confident in your doctor.  Ask to see previous patients pictures.  Dig and do all the research you can.  I do understand about wanting this done so badly but listen to your gut when you go for the consult.  If you have any doubts or concerns at all please keep looking.

I look forward to following your journey.  Please let us know if we can help with anything at all.

I had my first consult this past Wednesday at the...

I had my first consult this past Wednesday at the University of Cincinnati plastic surgery residency clinic. Loved the doctor! The cost for a fleu de les tummy tuck plus breast lift is $4800 and I have my pre-op appointment on Jan 25! I am so exited to be having the more extensive tummy tuck because the doctor said it will give excellent results and when I saw what my breasts were going to look like I was thrilled! I will keep you all updated and would love to know if anyone else has had this more extensive tummy tuck!

Can you tell me how you got a hold of the clinic? Do they take care credit or offer any financing options?

Just arrived at the hospital, surgery is at 7:30!

Just arrived at the hospital, surgery is at 7:30!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

My surgery went well and the doctor said removed a...

My surgery went well and the doctor said removed a lot more skin than be thought he would. My question is....how do I pass gas? I have the worst gas pains and have tried everything I can think of, help!!!

Oh the gas!!!   That is the hard part.  It's just a slow and gradual push.  Yes it hurts but you will feel better once you can do this.  Are you taking the Milk of Magnesia?

You could also try some GasX and that helps ease some of the pain.

University of Cincinnati