Juvaderm Voluma Has Finally Given Me Cheeks! - Cincinnati, OH

I've been seeing Dr. M for about 10 years now for...

I've been seeing Dr. M for about 10 years now for Botox and skin care, mainly Juvaderm XC. I was excited to see that Juvaderm Voluma was not available in the United States. Over the period of 2 months he injected 2 cc into each cheek for a total of 4 cc.

I am very pleased and I really like Dr. M. he is caring, friendly and listens to concerns and answers questions straitforward.

I had juvaderm voluma to correct the sagging skin around my mouth ( more like jowls but not as low as my jaw line)

Dr. Mendelsohn suggested using voluma when I told him I was not happy with how skinny my chin is and the skin around my chin and mouth is sagging. I was surprised he suggesed voluma because I thought that was only for the cheeks but he said he they've been having such great results that they use is almost anywhere on the face. He used 1 cc and while the difference is subtle I don't feel as thought I constantly need to walk around smiling for fear of showing the ugly sagging around the corners of my mouth. IT looks good, I'm happy :) He really is a great guy. I've never met a doctor with such a nice demeaner. He really seems to care and he doesn't rush through patients. With that being said sometimes your wait time is one hour after your appt. time. I used to get upset but now I realize that he needs the time to help each patient. And when he sees me I know he is focused on my needs and we aren't rushed.

before photo

hi, yes I do have a before photo..this was taken last year

Almost 1 year post Juvaderm

I believe its held up pretty well. I'd guess there is over 50% left

14 months later

hi ladies, so it's been about 14 months since my first 2cc of Voluma. I had 5 cc total from March of 2014 until August of 2014. I definitely notice I am deflating. I didn't expect ALL of it to last two years but I realize now that after 14 months I need/want a touch up. I realize 2 more cc's will cost me about $1600 which I am not happy about. Has anyone else noticed a decrease in volume after the one year mark?

More Voluma needed within 15 months

Hi ladies, now that Voluma has been around in the U.S for over two years who had more before the two years was up? After 15 months I definitely needed more, in fact I think almost all that I had was gone. I just had another 2cc put in my cheeks, one 1cc each cheek. It was $1700. the price is so expensive. I like how it looks but I wish they'd reduce the price because I don't feel it lasts the 2 years.

15 months post Voluma

two more cc's were needed in my cheeks ( 1per cheek). the swelling at the top of the cheekbone will go down within the next week or two. If you look at my other "after" photo my face doesn't look any fuller ( does it?) so I believe the 4cc I had in April 2014 had absorbed.

After 2 more cc's , so

I posted an update last week but the photo was a weird selfie which didn't look like me. I apparently got attention from Internet trolls! Lol, lucky me. So here is update. After first getting 4cc in April 2014 I needed 2 more by July 2015

not much new but i'm happy with the results....

My last photo disappeared and I realized once you write a review you cannot add a new photo, they make you update your review. so here we go again, the first 4 cc in cheeks lasted about 15 months and here I have 2 more cc in the cheeks and 2cc near the chin ( which did nothing to lift my mini jowels) but overall I'm happy and hopefully will not need anymore until next year.
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon