Juvaderm Voluma Has Finally Given Me Cheeks! - Cincinnati, OH

I've been seeing Dr. M for about 10 years now for...

I've been seeing Dr. M for about 10 years now for Botox and skin care, mainly Juvaderm XC. I was excited to see that Juvaderm Voluma was not available in the United States. Over the period of 2 months he injected 2 cc into each cheek for a total of 4 cc.

I am very pleased and I really like Dr. M. he is caring, friendly and listens to concerns and answers questions straitforward.

I had juvaderm voluma to correct the sagging skin around my mouth ( more like jowls but not as low as my jaw line)

Dr. Mendelsohn suggested using voluma when I told him I was not happy with how skinny my chin is and the skin around my chin and mouth is sagging. I was surprised he suggesed voluma because I thought that was only for the cheeks but he said he they've been having such great results that they use is almost anywhere on the face. He used 1 cc and while the difference is subtle I don't feel as thought I constantly need to walk around smiling for fear of showing the ugly sagging around the corners of my mouth. IT looks good, I'm happy :) He really is a great guy. I've never met a doctor with such a nice demeaner. He really seems to care and he doesn't rush through patients. With that being said sometimes your wait time is one hour after your appt. time. I used to get upset but now I realize that he needs the time to help each patient. And when he sees me I know he is focused on my needs and we aren't rushed.

before photo

hi, yes I do have a before photo..this was taken last year
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

side*
How much is it actually? although i know i cant afford:(
Ive always had a very thin face, but after getting some back teeth removed on one side has made it 10x worse, literally caved in on one sad, so depressing i feel i look like a drug addict, when im not. Hope one day i can afford this.
initially the first 2 cc's cost $1500, then it was $350 for each CC I bought as and "add on" after that. so total I believe i've spent $2500. he did not charge me for 2 syringes the second time I went back because I said I probably only needed 1 more syringe, he used two but didn't charge me for it.
Thank you for the compliment. Funny because I recently married but I do not think he would have known I had something done If I hadn't told him!
you look amazing! it looks as though you had a mini lift with out the price of having one .
Thank you so much. I do feel it was worth the money, especially since it will last 2 years.
You will be lucky if it last 1 year. 50% or more of Voluma Filler is guarantee to be reabsorbed by your body. This filler thing is really just like new addicted Drugs. Once they fished you in. You will be hooked for life and just keep coming back for more and more till something really bad happen to your face then you will stop.
that's not too positive !
I guess we all will know when a year is up if we still have cheeks. I know I'm happy with Voluma right now.
I'm happy with it right now. From your post you seem frusturated and as though you did not get the results that you wanted with filler. I'm sorry to hear that. It can be very visually pleasing if done by a cosmetic surgeon who knows what he/she is doing.
They fished you in, once you are hooked. you are hooked for LIFE. (The sound of the devil) :)
Okay that's weird. You can leave my post.
I agree. Geez.
No bad feelings or wishes. Just friendly advise about being hooked / addicted till something real bad happen. I guess they really Fished you in real good on this one.
You cheeks look great! Do you have a before pictures for comparison, just curious.. Thanks!
Hi, yes I just posted a before pic from last year.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a previous! It was really well done :) I have an appointment coming up here 3rd week of Sept and I'm little nervous.
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  Can you tell any difference between your past Juvederm injections and the recent Voluma injections?  Just curious.
Hi, yes most definitely. The Juvaderm XC is for the creases that go from your nose to mouth. The Voluma replaces facial volume which is lost as the face ages.
Hello cincilady71. You look Great. 2 cc on each cheek is a lot. You really do have cheeks now, again you look Great.
thank you. I was worried at first it may be too much, but after the swelling went down it looks natural. Ive always had a very thin face and as I aged it appeared flat. so this amount was needed in oder to make a noticeable difference.
I know exactly what you mean about being worried you did too much. I too didn't really have cheeks. Blush was the only thing that helped. My gal who does my Botox and Juvederm in my lips suggested Voluma. Not sure how much is in 1 syringe but I started with 1. A month later went back for #2 and just yesterday did a 3rd syringe. Love my cheeks now and the nice thing is my hubby has no idea!!!! I highly recommend Voluma. You look great!! Thank you for sharing!'