Juvaderm Voluma Has Finally Given Me Cheeks! - Cincinnati, OH

I've been seeing Dr. M for about 10 years now for...

I've been seeing Dr. M for about 10 years now for Botox and skin care, mainly Juvaderm XC. I was excited to see that Juvaderm Voluma was not available in the United States. Over the period of 2 months he injected 2 cc into each cheek for a total of 4 cc.

I am very pleased and I really like Dr. M. he is caring, friendly and listens to concerns and answers questions straitforward.
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  Can you tell any difference between your past Juvederm injections and the recent Voluma injections?  Just curious.
Hi, yes most definitely. The Juvaderm XC is for the creases that go from your nose to mouth. The Voluma replaces facial volume which is lost as the face ages.

I had juvaderm voluma to correct the sagging skin around my mouth ( more like jowls but not as low as my jaw line)

Dr. Mendelsohn suggested using voluma when I told him I was not happy with how skinny my chin is and the skin around my chin and mouth is sagging. I was surprised he suggesed voluma because I thought that was only for the cheeks but he said he they've been having such great results that they use is almost anywhere on the face. He used 1 cc and while the difference is subtle I don't feel as thought I constantly need to walk around smiling for fear of showing the ugly sagging around the corners of my mouth. IT looks good, I'm happy :) He really is a great guy. I've never met a doctor with such a nice demeaner. He really seems to care and he doesn't rush through patients. With that being said sometimes your wait time is one hour after your appt. time. I used to get upset but now I realize that he needs the time to help each patient. And when he sees me I know he is focused on my needs and we aren't rushed.
You cheeks look great! Do you have a before pictures for comparison, just curious.. Thanks!
Hello cincilady71. You look Great. 2 cc on each cheek is a lot. You really do have cheeks now, again you look Great.
thank you. I was worried at first it may be too much, but after the swelling went down it looks natural. Ive always had a very thin face and as I aged it appeared flat. so this amount was needed in oder to make a noticeable difference.

before photo

hi, yes I do have a before photo..this was taken last year
side*
How much is it actually? although i know i cant afford:(
Ive always had a very thin face, but after getting some back teeth removed on one side has made it 10x worse, literally caved in on one sad, so depressing i feel i look like a drug addict, when im not. Hope one day i can afford this.
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon