Can't believe I did it!

So I can't believe I'm actually going to do this!...

So I can't believe I'm actually going to do this! About me - 36 years old, two kids 3 & 7, c-section, I'm 5'3", 173 lbs. like others, pregnancy and children have put on and kept on the weight. I'm doing this for me and for my kids, so I can take them to the pool, actually swim, and not hide on the side in a wrap. I'm super nervous about the recovery and the risks of surgery, so I try not to even think about it!

So my big question is - do I postpone the TT so I can try to lose weight or just go for it? What would happen if I lost 30 or so pounds? I've always liked my "curves" so I wouldn't really ever see myself below 130. Please share your experiences!

So here's my experience so far as I just was...

So here's my experience so far as I just was released from surgery 24hours ago! My pain is tolerable so far, I've been keeping up with the pain meds and I think that makes all the difference. Actually, the thing that hurts the worst is my throat! It's probably from the tubes during surgery. I feel like I'm having more menstrual cramps than anything. I've also been hiccuping a lot and burping too. This then makes me nauseous and I did throw up last night after taking a pain pill, but I'm pretty sure it was in my stomach long enough to work.
I'm staying at my mom's house and she is taking wonderful care of me. She has a mechanical bed which is a God send. I have a walker too, I probably don't need it, but does make me feel more secure. I have a catheter because I couldn't pee after surgery. It's still in and I can take it out this afternoon but I may end up keeping it in longer. So nice not to have to get up in the middle of the night. I do get up to walk every hour while I'm awake, and then walk every three hours during the night - I set an alarm in the night so I could keep up with my pain pills and just take a little stroll at that time. I do have to eat something with my pills. I eat a little then take my pill and then eat a little more, so it's kind of sandwiched between food. I think that helps with the nausea. Plus I drink a ton of water. I've always been a water drinker so it's not hard for me to down 16oz at once.
So far, so good! I hear that either the first 48hrs are the worst or days 3&4 are the worst. Since I've been good up until now, I'll just have to wait and see about days 3&4....

Sounds like you're doing great, already trying to taper pain meds. Even if you weren't ready for it quite yet, you are brave for trying! Just take it a day it a day at a time. Each day, I find, is a tiny bit better than the one before. Summer 2013, here we come!!
I'm nervous and excited too! I go in tomorrow for my TT at 1...keep us posted!! Congrats!!
Good luck! And I am about same weight and height as u. I did not loose any weight and I like my curves. I am very happy with my results! I wish u Lu k and hope u r as happy with ur results as I am!
Thank you! I'm so nervous so I really appreciate your support!!! I'll check out your profile!

Welcome to the community!    I am happy you are able to do this for yourself.  You will feel amazing and confident in the end.

From personal experience I was required to be within 20 pounds of my ideal weight before surgery.  Honestly I think that is what helped me obtain the excellent results after surgery.  Being fit, healthy and having a good core will really help in the recovery.

While it is a tough recovery you will be glad in the end.