I had a TT done back in 2010 - Tummy Tuck - Chicago, IL

I had a TT done back in 2010 by Jay Pensler MD....

I had a TT done back in 2010 by Jay Pensler MD. Looking at the post op photos I'd say yes it was worth it. However, I've gained weight since then and my tummy is no longer flat. This also comes from poor dieting and exercising. I could've saved myself 9,000 and purchased a gym membership. It would've saved me the scar.

Before & After TT Procedure

Tattooing was the only way to camouflage the scar and I'm still not happy. My contouring is horrible! I have no 'coke bottle' figure and I'm really interesting in a BBL
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I wouldn't recommend

Thank you for posting your pics! Do I understand right, are you thinking about Duran or Yili being a possible option? All the work I've seen by either of them looks A-mazing! I don't see anything in your pics that I don't think one of them can't change. I'm excited for you!
Duran didn't make me feel to comfortable about talking to her. I asked if she'd be able to change my appearance and her reply wasn't comforting. She simply said "I'm not a "miracle maker" but she said I should be able to see results. That made me indecisive about going to her. I needed to be assured by a confident doctor. I hope for the best. Thanks hun;)
Oooo I'd take that the same way- I wouldn't feel good about that. Well I'll be watching your research and progress in your journey- I'm glad you are searching and that you can read between the lines. I'm wishing you the very best!
Thanks hun... I appreciate the well wishes. I'm already booked for Duran in November. But I plan to have several consultations with potential surgeons before then... Just to make sure I find who's best for me.
Welcome to RS!!! I hope you make a decision which is in your best interest. If you coming wit Ready4 (LOL) Imma see yall down in the D.R.
Thanks hun, I'm just skeptical to come because the doctor doesn't seem to attentive to my needs. However, I've decided to take the trip and hopefully the doctor makes me a believer. My BF (Ready4BBL) is too excited. I guess i should be too. When are you headed to D.R.?
Me and the fam will be leaving Ohare on Nov.2nd and coming back home on Nov 17th I'll be having sx with Dr Yily gotta get Tina the talkin tummy the hell off me...lol What date are you leaving?
Lol @ Tina the talking tummy..mama u got me ctfu..I think yily sculpting skills are crazy good!! :) we are rolling out on the 7th till 18 th of nov..
Windy CIty Thick Chicks!!!! I can't freakin wait ahhhhh (in my Nikki voice)
Lol... I plan on leaving on the Nov 7th through Nov 18th
You will be alright princess neisha ..Duran will put u back together :) lbs
Thanks BFF:)
Now Princess what imma need you to do is gone head and update your lil review and get with the Dominican Groove..hahaha Welcome to Hollywooddddddd!!! We recruiting @Ready4BBL...lol
Okayyyyyy!!!! Lol
I'm still trying to get the hang of this blog stuff... I'll update mama and yes I'm team D.R.
i must tell you that a gym membership would not have put together the separated muscles from pregnancy. i assume you have had children? there is hardly anyone who does not have muscle separation. i had about 2.5 inches all the way down, and i did not gain a lot of weight, and my babies were small, but no amount of exercise would put it together. you can strengthen, but that is all. so you definitely helped yourself by doing the TT. Scars can be revised, laser can be done - lots of possibilities today,including temporary or permanent tattoos. you admit you have poor diet. so you know what to do. your body's fate is in your hands now.
Thanks. I've resulted in tattoos... Seems to be the only way now-a-days! You're absolutely right about the muscle repair. I can tell the difference from the TT but I can also l tell that my doctor didn't do a phenomenal job. I plan on doing a fat transfer and changing my diet within the next couple of months. I'm really interested in the BBL
Hi! Did you have muscle repair when you got your TT? Actually I just looked back at the price, so I bet you did. Jeez I'm sorry your not happy with the results :(
Yes I did have muscle repair done as well. I don't like the length of the incision. He placed my scar pretty high making it impossible to wear low cut jeans. My navel never healed correctly. I went back several times and he didn't offer to correct the situation. What a waste of money. Also, I wasn't offered a drain ball... I believe that I should've had one.
Oh my goodness- It upsets me when I hear about them making the high incision. They really should know better. Have you consulted with any other ps's? You know what they can do? They can can make your scar lower by cutting it out and pulling the upper skin down, getting rid of the lower skin, and sewing it back together really thin and lower. This is way easier than a TT all over again. Lots of girls have done this on here. I know there's cost involved, and it's a pain, but I say do what it takes to be able to come through this an be able to get past the upset and frustration. I had to have two different procedures on my tummy, too, but now I'm happy with it. Well, mostly. He's going to take off the poofy corners of my incision in the office in September. You'd be a perfect candidate for scar excision probably since your skin has healed over time and they can really see what they're working with now. Some girls go in too soon and the docs make them wait until they are a year healed first. I financed my surgery through CareCredit, so maybe you have that option? Would you mind posting a pic?
Yes. I did