It's been 6 months since the surgery!

I have a 10 am appointment at the Swedish Covenant...

I have a 10 am appointment at the Swedish Covenant Hospital with Dr. Gikas on Monday for my rhinoplastry surgery. I cant believe how the time has went so fast. I just went in for my consultation last month. Now that the day is almost here I am getting nervous!! So I decided to write a review and see if anyone had any tips for me.
I have delt with teasing of my nose by peers since grade school. High school was the worst. But It didn't bother me much because my nose wasn't that big of an issue to me. It was more my weight that I wanted to change. Now that I have lost a significant amount of weight I have been focusing more on how I can improve myself. I decided this summer was the right time to ahead with the procedure. My mother and I always thought one day I could get the surgery. I just can't believe that day is almost here! I will be updating the day of sugury and after. New pics will be up as well :)

Day 2. I wokeup with my face all swollen and I...

Day 2. I wokeup with my face all swollen and I cant taste. Minor pain but what sucks the most is having my nosd plugged sk j csn only breathe through my mouthh :( BUT tomorrow I get my bandages off!!!!

Day 3. My face is still swollen. I went to Dr....

Day 3. My face is still swollen. I went to Dr. Gikas this morning and he took out the packing from inside my nose.. (wasnt exprcting it to hurt but it did) now I can breathe alittle better but there still os dry blood inside my nose that makes it hard to breathe. He told me the swelling is normal. And Monday I can come back to get all my bandages off!!!! Please let these next few days go by quick.

And I feel great! I love my new nose! It is...

And I feel great! I love my new nose! It is everything I expected to be and more. The tip is getting the feeling back. And I have no scars. Which is what I was worried about that people could tell I had surgery but they cant! I am so much more confident I dont have to put my head down anymore when I spot someone out of the corner of my eye looking at me from the side.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Friend referral.

I have my appointment this Friday hope he tells me something good mine is similar to how u had it an now ur nose looks nice :)
Holy Batman, I hope my rhinoplasty next month turns out as wonderful as yours did O_O
I'm sure it will turn out beautiful!
Wow great results!! I am getting a rhinoplasty very soon and I hope mine turns out as great as yours. Your old nose looks alot like mine now. I was just wondering did they just take the hump off? or did they do something to the tip as well?
My initial cause to get rhinoplastry was just to get the bump off but when Dr. Gikas gave me my consultation, he had a very good eye and prospective at my face. He explained that my nose was too big for my face and the tip dipped low. I agreed 100 percent. So not only did he take the bump off, he reduced the size of my nose, and lifted the tip of the nose.
stunning nose that you've got there.. what is the implant that your dr. used?
Thank you. I don't think they put any implant in my nose. Just used the cartilage, reshaped, and reduced.
Thanks for returning to this site to provide an update. Wow, how beautiful is your result?!!! After a very long wait, I have my surgery on Monday. I hope it is as beautiful as yours. Enjoy!
I'm sure it will be :) It's an exciting process. Be sure to post pictures!
Your nose is stunning!! I truly hope to find the new confidence you & so many others have found in yourself after have rhinoplastry :) keep your head held high pretty girl!! You deserve this :)
Thank you so much! And I'm sure you will have plenty of confidence!
The 4th picture is a little bit blurry, but from the 3rd one it looks great!!! Very pretty on you! Glad to hear that it turned out as you wanted it to. Did you use something to put on your nose so that it wouldn't leave a scar? Also, did anyone notice the change or did you get any questions about it? Thx for sharing :)
Thanks for letting me know. I took that one off and put up a more clear picture. No I didnt use anything for the scaring. It wasn't crazy noticeable that people knew I had my nose done, which is good cause I didnt want it to be too noticeable where people know I had surgury right off the bat. But when I pointed out my nose they saw a major change. It's reduced in size, lifted, and the bump is gone! I had all sorts of questions. Like if it hurt, if it still hurts..
Your nose looks great! I didn't know that plastic surgeons worked out of that hospital. If it helps, it took about 12 months to get full feeling back in my nose. Most of the feeling came back around 6-7 months and it was just around the columella that I had remaining numbness.
Thanks! Yes most of the feeling in the tip of my nose is coming back.

The swelling will get better. Hang in there!

Hey, Amanda. I'm glad to hear that you went through with your goal of having rhinoplasty surgery! was it hard for you to find the right doctor? Hope your recuperation goes great!
No not hard at all to find the right doctor. My friend refered me after she got her surgery done. I im still on day 2. My face so swelled up :(
Ahh, well I'm glad the surgery went well. Sorry to hear about the swelling =/ can't wait to see the new photos of your new look!

Congrats on losing the weight! You're a gorgeous woman and I can only imagine how lovely you'll be with a more refined nose. I hope you're healing well and and that you'll give us an update when you feel up to it. The first three days are the hardest!

Thank you! And im on day 2 right now. I dont ferl good at all. Just waiting to get my banages off tomorrow!!!
Hey, I hope everything went well today! How are you feeling?
I feel fine. Minor pain around my nose. What sucks the most is how I can only breathe through my mouth.