2 year surgi-versary

I have a 10 am appointment at the Swedish Covenant...

I have a 10 am appointment at the Swedish Covenant Hospital with Dr. Gikas on Monday for my rhinoplastry surgery. I cant believe how the time has went so fast. I just went in for my consultation last month. Now that the day is almost here I am getting nervous!! So I decided to write a review and see if anyone had any tips for me.
I have delt with teasing of my nose by peers since grade school. High school was the worst. But It didn't bother me much because my nose wasn't that big of an issue to me. It was more my weight that I wanted to change. Now that I have lost a significant amount of weight I have been focusing more on how I can improve myself. I decided this summer was the right time to ahead with the procedure. My mother and I always thought one day I could get the surgery. I just can't believe that day is almost here! I will be updating the day of sugury and after. New pics will be up as well :)

Hey, I hope everything went well today! How are you feeling?

Day 2. I wokeup with my face all swollen and I...

Day 2. I wokeup with my face all swollen and I cant taste. Minor pain but what sucks the most is having my nosd plugged sk j csn only breathe through my mouthh :( BUT tomorrow I get my bandages off!!!!
Hey, Amanda. I'm glad to hear that you went through with your goal of having rhinoplasty surgery! was it hard for you to find the right doctor? Hope your recuperation goes great!
No not hard at all to find the right doctor. My friend refered me after she got her surgery done. I im still on day 2. My face so swelled up :(

Congrats on losing the weight! You're a gorgeous woman and I can only imagine how lovely you'll be with a more refined nose. I hope you're healing well and and that you'll give us an update when you feel up to it. The first three days are the hardest!

Day 3. My face is still swollen. I went to Dr....

Day 3. My face is still swollen. I went to Dr. Gikas this morning and he took out the packing from inside my nose.. (wasnt exprcting it to hurt but it did) now I can breathe alittle better but there still os dry blood inside my nose that makes it hard to breathe. He told me the swelling is normal. And Monday I can come back to get all my bandages off!!!! Please let these next few days go by quick.

The swelling will get better. Hang in there!

Ahh, well I'm glad the surgery went well. Sorry to hear about the swelling =/ can't wait to see the new photos of your new look!

And I feel great! I love my new nose! It is...

And I feel great! I love my new nose! It is everything I expected to be and more. The tip is getting the feeling back. And I have no scars. Which is what I was worried about that people could tell I had surgery but they cant! I am so much more confident I dont have to put my head down anymore when I spot someone out of the corner of my eye looking at me from the side.
I have my appointment this Friday hope he tells me something good mine is similar to how u had it an now ur nose looks nice :)
Holy Batman, I hope my rhinoplasty next month turns out as wonderful as yours did O_O
I'm sure it will turn out beautiful!

2 year update!

I recieved an email from realself and thought it was a good idea to update my story. It's been 2 years and life has been good. I learned since I had the procedure done that appearance isn't everything but having my nose done made me more confident in my own skin. I haven't had any problems since the surgery. I encourage anyone who is debating on going through with it to do so.
How did it go?!

2 year update cont.

Well I finally got my surgery February 2 an well it wasn't that painful just kinda frustrating because I had to breathe through my mouth lol and the results haven't gotten full results yet but so far it looks way better then how I had it before lol
Chicago Plastic Surgeon