Should Change His Name to Few Results! - Chicago, IL

I had a nose job by Dr. Few over a year ago and I...

I had a nose job by Dr. Few over a year ago and I am not AT ALLsatisfied with the results.

My goal was to have a more refined, yet still ethnic nose. He decided on a tip rhinoplasty, cautioning me about being too aggressive. He said we can always take more off, but we can't put it back on. He even went as far as promising me a revision at minimal cost if I was less than satisfied with results. However, his entire attitude changed when the time came to live up to his promise. He became condescending and aggressive in tone. He kept insisting that there was an extreme difference in my appearance when even his own nurse agreed with me( when he wasn't in the room) that she didn't really see a difference. I also asked the opinion of other medical professionals and family members that I see on a daily basis. My primary doctor said that if it were not for the scar tissue on the inside of my nostrils she would not have believed I had the procedure done.
Pros- convenient location,
Cons- lack of results, but most importantly a lack of integrity.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Im doing this review because I get mad everything I look at my nose, or see my friend who went to a European doctor and got phenomenal results. I gave him a one star rating based on his lack of integrity and horrible aftercare more than anything. Yes, I was disappointed that I didn't get my desired results, but he didn't mess me up,so i guess thats the upside. I was an attractive girl before the sx and I still am... EXACTLY THE SAME, with the exception of one nostril being shapes slightly different than the other. I chose Few because he is well known here. He's African American and I wanted someone that understood that I didn't want a Caucasian nose on my African face. What I later found out is he is known because he spends a ton of $ to get himself in those so called "best doctor" and beauty magazines- so he has a hell of a marketing/ branding team but his results are less than desirable. I will post before and after pics soon.

I'm confused. Dr. Few is a man. You repeatedly say "she" in your review. You did see Julius Few?
Sorry, but not comfortable posting my face here. Needles to say the profile pic isn't me.
I'm so sorry for you but, from what i've read, it didn't sound like he did a completely terrible job, that's something. Are you planning a revision rhinoplasty to correct it? Good luck if you are and, i don't want to come across as some scary weirdo, but if that photo in the bikini is really you.....wow. Just wow. You have a figure i and millions of others would kill bunnies for, you look amazing! :O
Hi Matilda, sorry that I haven't responded, but I've been away for a long time, so I'm just now reading your post. No, Dr. Few didn't turn me in to Michael Jackson, so that is something to be grateful for, but she also didn't give me what I paid for and to add insult to injury, she got right nasty about it and didn't live up to her word.... Pause I will not be having a revision because it took a lot for me to make the decision to have surgery on my face, endure the pain, the healing process and then have nothing to show for my trouble. I've made peace with it my lil bulbous nose and have since decided to pierce it. :) BTW- I would kill for that body as well. It's a wish pic, but I guess you would have no way of knowing that since I haven't figured out how to caption pics posted from my smart phone.
So sorry to hear of your bad experience. I too, fell for good marketing and later discovered that I had been lied to about his experience and before/after photos, which turned out not to even be his work. Thanks for sharing and good luck.
Thanks for the support. Hope that things worked out for you. We tend to hold MD's to a higher standard and don't expect to be lied to and misled, but at the end of the day they're just people, some are good people and some are not so good.
You're so right about how we naively hold surgeons to a higher standard, therefore trusting them when many of them deserve no better than a "used car salesman's" reputation. This is why doing tons of research beforehand is imperative.
I am so sorry that you did not get the results you wanted. I understand where you are coming from completely. It is frustrating to have a terrible surgeon. I hope you can get your issue resolved, maybe with a revision rhinoplasty surgeon.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

RealSelf staff. I've been away for a while, but I'm very curious to know what prompted you too remove my comment regarding Dr. Few. While I don't recall what my post was, it's not my style to post profanity laced or slanderous statements. I understand how business works and that Few invests a lot of $ in marketing himself. obviously he's writing a check to RealSelf as well. Subscribers should be free to share what they experience and not have their comments sensored as long as they are not offensive or slanderous. If a doctor chooses to defend himself against comments he should also be able to do so
Excuse grammatical errors in previous post. I do know the difference between too and to, but it's 3:14 AM... RealSelf staff, I've been away for a while, but I'm very curious to know what prompted you to remove my comment regarding Dr. Few. While I don't recall what my post was, it's not my style to post profanity laced or slanderous statements. I understand how business works and that Few invests a lot of $ in marketing himself. obviously he's writing a check to RealSelf as well. Subscribers should be free to share what they experience and not have their comments sensored as long as they are not offensive or slanderous. If a doctor chooses to defend himself against comments he should also be able to do so

So sorry you're not happy with your nose! We'd LOVE to see your before and after photos so we can visualize what you're describing.