Rhinoplasty (Dr. Shah) - Chicago, IL

I am VERY satisfied with my results thus far! I...

I am VERY satisfied with my results thus far! I had my surgery a week ago, and the pre-operative preparation, surgery, and post-operative care thus far all ran smoothly. The price range was very reasonable. Dr. Shah is a VERY skilled surgeon with a keen eye for both aesthetic beauty and a natural look. My nose was on the larger side, had a deviated septum, was a bit wide, and uneven. Dr. Shah produced my desired look - a smaller, narrower, more even nose with a more appealing profile. I just had my cast removed today and am very satisfied with the look, even in its swollen state! And it will just get better as the swelling subsides. Dr. Shah and the girls at his office (his faculty and staff) have been nothing but patient, kind, helpful, and understanding towards me. Dr. Shah is very confident, and rightfully so - he knows he's good. I would recommend him to anyone looking into rhinoplasty. You will be in good hands!

Just a helpful note for anyone looking into rhinoplasty - take arnica Montana and bromelin. Also, expect congestion following the surgery. Otherwise, it includes little to no pain!

9 Days Post Op Profile View

9 days post-op (cropped to keep identity private)

Before picture (sorry it's blurry!)

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have not gotten any good impression of Dr. Shah from the skype conversation I had with him. He only wanted to remove my hump and not touch my tip at all. So I am not choosing him as a surgeon as I live far away from US and just removing the hump won´t be a big difference.
Hello, wondering if you could message me some before and afters? You can block out your eyes if you wish! I'm getting a rhino + chin augment with shah soon and am really seeing/hearing good things! Yours looks amazing - he took what you had and created the cutest little button nose from it, WHICH IS WHAT I WANT :D I can't believe some people, who want to be conservative or subtle and still have a big nose after surgery - makes me wonder if years down the road they regret it - you know the nose and ears are the two things that keep growing as you get older!? Why would someone still want a large nose if it's only going to get bigger lol. Sillies. Anyway, I'm sure you won't get this by the time I've had my surgery, but if you do, some pics would be WONDERFUL :D Your nose looks gorgeous, and I'm so happy for you!
Thank you so much! I really hope I feel comfortable with Dr. Shah because he is sooo close to home. I'm pretty scared about traveling too far with a fresh rhinoplasty and then have to travel some more if there are complications. Please keep us posted on your recovery! It already looks great!

Awesome results already! Beautiful! Have you had any low points during your recovery?

Thank you! Well, I'll be honest and say wearing the cast is not fun. It was difficult to sleep, and was uncomfortable in general. I took sleeping pills. Also, adjusting to sole mouth breathing is a challenge at first, but gets easier as time passes, and now my nose is slowly becoming less & less congested so I can breathe nasally as well if I so chose. After the cast is removed, the upper lip feels very stiff, so facially expressions (namely, smiling/laughing) are hard to control, but again this fades quickly. Skin oiliness on the nose is another byproduct but again I was told this goes away. Other than that, I had no significant lows! I'm already enjoying my results and this is in its swollen state!
I am updating with a picture in response to your requests...I can't find a good "before" picture yet, but here is an "after"...and keep in mind, this was taken only approx. 9 days post-op, so it's still swollen! To give you an idea of my previous nose, it had a considerable bump!
I'm so glad to have found your review! I am considering meeting with Dr. Shah as I am planning my rhino in the next six months! I'd love to see you photos!
Thanks! I updated a post-op pic. :)
I am glad to hear you had good experience with dr. Shah and great surgery outcome. Congrats. Would be nice to see your b/a photos. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks! I updated a post-op pic. :)
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about Dr. Shah with us. I would really love to see photos so I can see his work. Please keep us updated on your recovery and futures results. Best of luck!
Thanks! I updated a post-op pic. :)
Thank you...looks great from what I can see...especially for only 9 days post. Would love to see a before pic when you find one. So glad that you're happy!Thanks!
Thank you! :) Added a before pic. ..hope this helps!