Very Nervous... but now I'm 100% Satisfied! - Chicago, IL

I found this web blog when searching for solutions...

I found this web blog when searching for solutions to my excessive underarm sweating. I was shocked by the reviews and interested in checking it out. I booked my appointment a month ago and it is for tomorrow. I work as a marriage and family therapy and teacher. I find myself wearing blazers due to the excessive sweat to try to cover it. It began when I was in 7th grade and has persisted since. My hands and feet also sweat excessively but if I can fix one area, I would rather it be my underarms. I want to wear pretty blouses and have confidence but this is holding me back! When I notice myself start to sweat I worry more and it makes the problem worse. I am very nervous about the procedure and the long term effects that no one yet seems to know about but I am also worried that I won't receive any results. I would love any comments or words of wisdom.

I will post back after my procedure tomorrow and let you know how it goes but until then... I'm scared.

It has been 6 days since my procdure. I'm still...

It has been 6 days since my procdure. I'm still slightly swollen but it reduces everyday. I am happy to report that I have not had to wear any deoderant (I couldn't if I wanted to due to the soreness)! I am sweat free and incredibly happy! My life is changed forever!!!
Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology

Only one in the area.

Just an update. I have my 2nd procedure in 2 weeks. I am sweating again after the 1st one but I believe it decreased about 60%. It does elevate when I'm nervous or speaking in front of people. I am slightly discouraged and hoping the 2nd procedure works 100%. Any thoughts?
I have my second procedure in 2 days (Tuesday next week) and I am really hoping for better results than I currently have. I would say my sweating has decreased about 40-50% but I want more near the 70-80% mark. I definitely sweat more when I'm nervous and when I drink coffee...so much so that it's almost like I didn't have the procedure done. Oddly enough, I don't sweat under my arms as much when I exercise. I'll let you know how my second procedure goes in a couple days. I had a level 1 first go around (at their insistence) but this time I am going for a level 4.
I had a level 3 but then they will do a level 5 next time.
Maybe I will think about a level 5 too. My office said that it depends on the amount of tissue you have in your armpit.
that is interesting. I am hoping that my sweating will be 100% gone after my second procedure. I have loved not sweating and am pretty upset that it has come back.
If you don't mind me asking, How old are you? I'm 13 and plan on Having the miraDry procedure. I'm very very nervous because I'm so young and my pain tolerance isn't high. I know I'll have lidocaine but still. P.S. I also live in the Chicagoland area. Heard really good reviews about Chicago Dermatology. Will definitely check into this place.
I am 23 years old. I have had hyperhydrosis for 10 years and totally understand how you feel. I wish there was a procedure that I could have used when I was your age. It would have saved me a lot of embarrassment and heart ache. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you! I highly recommend Stephanie at Chicago Dermatology. She was wonderful. If you call her now to ask questions, she will take very good care of you!
Thank you! I called Stephanie yesterday and scheduled a consultation for this Friday. Will definitely keep you posted.
Awesome! You can tell we that you connected with Brie, who recently had the procedure done, and she highly recommended the procedure. She should remember me!
I'm happy to report that I do not have any sweating! It has been 4 days since my first Miradry procedure and I have not sweat in my underarms at all! I'm slightly swollen still but it's nothing awful. I'm very pleased with my results and with Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology! Stephanie was the technician and was amazing! I had 35 shots in each arm to numb the area. I'm very small do I was shaking a lot from the anesthesia but it wore off after a while. I have so much confidence now and can't wait to heal up more to go shopping for cute clothes!!! I would recommend this procedure to anyone. I was worried about the long term effects but my technician answered all my questions! I'm very pleased and grateful for my new life!
I'm not tiny but I go crazy with shaking when they give me epinephrine. I am enjoying not washing my hand wash clothes after every wash (although I, unlike you, still have a little bit of sweating). It's great! :) What did your tech say about the long term effects?
She said that many tumors are cured by the same transmissions that Miradry uses so it probably won't cause cancer. I'm not too worried about long term effects. Everything seems legit. We don't new these sweat glands so why not destroy them?!
Haha I like your way of thinking ;) Thanks for the info too. The office I went to had only performed a small number of procedures and didn't seem to know a whole lot about the long term effects.
Oh wow. My center has done more than 150. She said they were the first center to receive the machine but said she does tons of them a week. I went on Thursday and she ha 3 scheduled so I felt really comfortable going. I just celebrated my first day sweat free with my best friend! I'm very excited!
Unfortunately, the center I went to was my only option. I can't afford to travel far right now so we drove 2.5 hours to the closest center. The next closest center is 4.5 hours away from me and costed an extra $500 ($3,500 total) so it was a no brainer for me to pick the one I did. I do feel they took good care of me but if I would have known they've probably only done around 30-40 then I would have considered things I little harder beforehand. :)
I totally understand!
carcinogenic*
Brie, I had the procedure done about a month ago and haven't regretted it but I too worry about the long-term unknown side effects of sending this high level microwave energy into the body (ie: is it carcingenic?). I decided to hope for the best and went ahead and did it anyway. My sweating has reduced 50-60% and I am happy about that but am hoping for just a little more upon my return. My office did mine at a level 1 for the first time and said they'd bump it up next time if it warranted it. Hope all is well for you! :) Keep us posted.
Thanks, Misty! I am wearing a white blouse and no sweat! I also watched a movie with a guy last night and normally would have to wear a hoodie to keep my sweat hidden but I wore a t-shirt and no sweat for 4 hours! I have been completely dry since my procedure. They did mine at a level 3! I'm very please with my results and have some much confidence now!!!
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you/us. When I go back I am definitely going to tell them that I want a level 3. I don't want all the money I paid to go to waste.
Hi Misty, they also did mine at a level 3 and I have seen over 85-90% reduction in sweat. At the bare minimum, I would suggest a level 2, but I agree with you, if you can handle it, a Level 3 is optimal. Good Luck!! Katie Q
I agree with Katie. I probably have soreness still due to the level 3 but not sweating is worth it! I'm ecstatic to be dry still and I'm 6 hours into my day! This has not happened in 10 years!
Thanks Katie and Brie! The times I notice when the sweat becomes more of a problem is when I drink coffee or nervous. I guess that's a fairly normal reaction though. Thanks for the support and advice. I appreciate it :) --Melissa D.
Brie, I had the procedure a month ago. If you have ANY questions at all, please contact me. I am so happy to have had MiraDry, it's changed my life. I can FINALLY wear pretty blouses too, no more black blazers! :) Feel better, and please reach out if you have questions in any capacity, Katie Q (NY/CT)
Thanks Katie. I have been slightly swollen still but manageable. I'm happy to report that I am wearing one of my favorite white blouses to teach in today and I do not show any signs if sweat! It's amazing. I always wore a black blazer or a white t-shirt underneath to prevent the stains but I wore nothing except the shirt! I'm so happy!!